Thinking of you PP

Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of you PP

PP, don't try and do it alone. Contact Silver Chain http://www.silverchain.org.au/ and get information from the hospital on any other community groups that can help you out with looking after your husband and house when he arrives home. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:38 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Has anyone been in a similar situation looking after someone who has been ill? Mr PP is an active man and I am worried about him being out of work for 8 weeks and how help him through that (mentally)?
Sam, As I was telling you in my pm to you, my other half is recovering after major spinal and neck surgery and he was told he has to stay off work for 8 weeks and not drive for 6 weeks. He is tearing this hair out at the moment as he's soooo bored. He can't sit and read 'cos he can't tip his head down for too long, he can't walk too far and can't sit in any one position for too long. And his eyes have turned square from watching so much telly I take him out for short drives when i can but I can't be with him 24/7 as we don't live together at the moment.
I'm going to get him some of those listening books for an ipod thingy so that will give him something to do while lying down.
All you can do is reassure Mr PP that he won't be in this situation for ever and that he will heal in time.
Sending lots of love and ((((((((hugs)))))))))).
Julie. x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, Just to say, thinking of you both.
Hope that all was well with the MRI.
Be prepared for him being exhausted & anxious when he first comes home. Leaving the security of hospital, even though home is where you want to be, is huge.
Best wishes for Mr PP's speedy recovery.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:53 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Have been reading your posts PP and I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you too! No, I dont mind doing a bit of hoovering for you if you like or a bit of shopping as well....
keep your chin up luv!
I can't help with the hoovering but i'll happily drink all the Southern Comfort!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I can't help with the hoovering but i'll happily drink all the Southern Comfort!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive just found this thead and Im bloody crying my eyes out - something Ive been doing so much lately.

Sandra lent me her gas heater, Ive been so cold this week and didnt want Mr PP to come home to a cold house. Ive had a bad week of emotions and unable to be comfortable due to the low temperatures.

Last week he was told if he developed any more blood clots (he has two - one in each lung due to 7/8 broken ribs) then 'he might not make it'.

All I know is that it is hard as he doesnt have a mark on his face, its hard for me to accept this, he has alot of other injuries (see blog) and I go home each night waiting for a phone call.

Not having a car is hard because it takes me two buses to get to the hospital and I am normally so organised yet I am totally falling apart. I have been having counselling and she says everything I am thinking/feeling is normal, how can it be normal when it hurts so much?

They just keep finding things wrong - there is something with his adrenal gland now

My house is cold without him, nothing matters - nothing at all. And no, I dont miss family as he has had excellent care in hospital and at the end of the day it isnt family that save his life, its the hospital and the medical care received and thats all that counts to me.

I feel totally useless and extremely lost and when I go to bed at night, I feel even more lonely.

I have got some fantastic friends here - Sandra lending me her heater, my God its nice not to be cold. Aussie friends/English friends/Scottish friends - the support has been brilliant.

My bloody bathroom roof is leaking (tiles I think), I know bugger all about tiles. I spend all day at the hospital and my house is a mess and I cant seem to organise myself. I know I need to take care of myself, but its so hard.

I want him back, I miss him and cannot believe that in a split second how much our lives have changed.

He must have been so scared trapped in that car for 40 mins, he vaguely remembers someone saying 'Ive got a pulse' and hes lost his memory after that.

God this hurts, 'that phonecall' is something that plays and replays in my mind and I dont think I will ever forget it.
thinking of you both
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Redwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
PP, don't try and do it alone. Contact Silver Chain http://www.silverchain.org.au/ and get information from the hospital on any other community groups that can help you out with looking after your husband and house when he arrives home. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Silverchain will automatically be sent out to Mr PP when he comes home if he has any dressings etc to change... they are fantastic.... Beware of the ward social worker he is hopeless. Silverchain or the hospital (cant rem which) will arrange any home visits for physio etc. I had so many people visiting hubby on a daily basis i lost track of who was who. I hope the results of the MRI are back by now PP. He is in a fantastic ward PP all the staff are great. Hope he gets home soon.

Redwin
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:15 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Have been reading your posts PP and I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you too! No, I dont mind doing a bit of hoovering for you if you like or a bit of shopping as well....
keep your chin up luv!
That is so kind of you

Since my last post I have only just finished cleaning my entire house - I have managed a quick shower and had some chicken soup but my house was dirty enough for it to take most of the day for me to clean.

Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:16 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redwin
Silverchain will automatically be sent out to Mr PP when he comes home if he has any dressings etc to change... they are fantastic.... Beware of the ward social worker he is hopeless. Silverchain or the hospital (cant rem which) will arrange any home visits for physio etc. I had so many people visiting hubby on a daily basis i lost track of who was who. I hope the results of the MRI are back by now PP. He is in a fantastic ward PP all the staff are great. Hope he gets home soon.

Redwin
No MRI results yet, I think doctors will tell him tomorrow - doctors round is at 8am.

Do you have to pay for this silverchain service at all?

Rocky is staying at the vet hospital tonight to give me a break, I shall be up at 7am to go and get him.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Sam, As I was telling you in my pm to you, my other half is recovering after major spinal and neck surgery and he was told he has to stay off work for 8 weeks and not drive for 6 weeks. He is tearing this hair out at the moment as he's soooo bored. He can't sit and read 'cos he can't tip his head down for too long, he can't walk too far and can't sit in any one position for too long. And his eyes have turned square from watching so much telly I take him out for short drives when i can but I can't be with him 24/7 as we don't live together at the moment.
I'm going to get him some of those listening books for an ipod thingy so that will give him something to do while lying down.
All you can do is reassure Mr PP that he won't be in this situation for ever and that he will heal in time.
Sending lots of love and ((((((((hugs)))))))))).
Julie. x
I need to get a collection of DVDs for him to watch I reckon.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Redwin is an unknown quantity at this point

PP

Please dont worry about any costs all hospital costs are covered by the reciprocal agreement between Oz & the Uk. and that includes any care in the home.

Redwin
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:16 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you both x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PP, I don't think we've ever spoken directly on here but you've always seemed such a bubbly, fun and genuine chick. I feel so upset for you, reading what you're going through, I'm not a church goer but will say a little prayer for you both and hope that Mr PP gets home soon. Sending good vibes all the way from sunny Northern Ireland, hugs, Jen xo
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:45 pm

The doctors rounds are due soon, we shall find out about the MRI and if all is OK then he can come home.

Ive got to get dressed in a min to collect Rocky dog from the vet and bring him home.

Eddie said she might be able to give me a lift, Ive pm'd her my number - but I need to find out what time they will release him.

I am so tired, really really tired. I fell asleep on the sofa as I cant face the bedroom (till Mr PP is home) and it was freezing as I had washed nearly all of the bedding so I had to put the gas fire on

Right, I shall drink my tea and collect the kelpie from the vet.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you today PP. Hope the result is good. xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.