Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which of these is true today?

Wikiposts

Which of these is true today?

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:13 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of these is true today?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Maybe I am Turbo, but I still can't understand why people voluntarily live somewhere that they don't like.
So, according to your thinking, poor people choose to be poor? The enslaved have opted against freedom? The receptionist has chosen not to be the CEO?

What??????!!!???
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Its just venting. He isnt the first and he wont be the last.

Who gives a rats arse?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:15 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Get over yourself mate. It's an internet forum I can ask what ever I want. I can agree, disagree, be flippant or take the piss. Personally I prefer people who are not relentlessly negative and I don't want only people who love Aus, which if you did a bit research before posting your vitriol, you would be aware of
And I can, by the same token, say whatever I want and I do not need to justify it in detail to you just because you feel you can.

If you do not want people to think you are anti those people who aren't in love with Australia, do not start demanding all the evidence whenever someone expresses unhappiness here.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm
Banned

If someone goes on and on about loving it here, no one cares a damn. If someone goes on about not loving it here, all the evidence is called in and an official interrogation starts up. 'Justify yourself! Come on, you who speaks so negatively about Australia! Explain yourself!'
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willamos
So, according to your thinking, poor people choose to be poor? The enslaved have opted against freedom? The receptionist has chosen not to be the CEO?

What??????!!!???
The keyword in my post is 'voluntarily' Turbo.
Poor people are not voluntarily poor.
Slaves do not volunteer to be slaves.

This thread is getting f**king bizarre.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If someone goes on and on about loving it here, no one cares a damn. If someone goes on about not loving it here, all the evidence is called in and an official interrogation starts up. 'Justify yourself! Come on, you who speaks so negatively about Australia! Explain yourself!'
In your head maybe......
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

You, whoever you are (''it's not my real name'' etc etc etc) represent all that is wrong with these sorts of forums. The poster who thinks he's got it all sorted. The poster who is incredibly, narcissistically pleased with themselves. The poster who can't, simply can't, resist any opportunity to be condescending and smug; rude and insulting, even. The poster who, despite being all of these things, is always convinced that they have the moral high-ground in the debate. The poster who doesn't contribute to the discussion, any discussion, other than to interject with what they clearly perceive to be a devastating witticism that they have conjured up and been chuckling to themselves about in front of their computer.
No mate. Renth's Ok. What's wrong with these forums is humourless posters who won't discuss their points of view. It is a discussion forum after all.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

What??????!!!???
Gies peace.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:37 pm
Banned

The keyword in my post is 'voluntarily' Turbo.
Poor people are not voluntarily poor.
Slaves do not volunteer to be slaves.

This thread is getting f**king bizarre.
I understood that. Still you are assuming that people live wherever they live ENTIRELY voluntarily.

Why are you assuming that? My point is that, whilst SOME people have freedom to live wherever they want, others do not. Some people have no more control over where they live than they do how much money that have.

Hence my point about being poor. Which went right over your head.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:41 pm
Banned

In your head maybe......
Sadly, I think if you open your eyes you'll see that people who love Australia get given much more 'right to speak' than those who say they don't love it.

The message is this: 'Don't like Australia? Why? Show me your evidence? Why don't you bugger off then? Come on! Why not?'
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:44 pm
Banned

Prepared to give renth the benefit of the doubt but stand by my point that, for his first post to include an offer to drive me to the airport, is extremely dismissive and smug and facetious. Just not polite. Fine. But then he has foregone the right for me to be polite to him surely?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Following on from a discussion about the '' Aussies are laid-back'' myth in another thread, which of the supposed ''big advantages'' that everyone seems to still believe in (until they actually get here and open their eyes!) is actually true?

I think that thread is basically concluding that the laid-back thing is really just a myth; Aussies are not more laid back than Brits.

But what about cost of living? Housing? Shopping? Weather? Friendliness? Quality of life? Schools? Medical care? etc etc etc.

Discuss!
These type of questions make me laugh.

Everything will be the same, you still have to go to work to pay your bills etc, you will just have more sunshine, BBQ's, mossies, flies etc...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I understood that. Still you are assuming that people live wherever they live ENTIRELY voluntarily.

Why are you assuming that? My point is that, whilst SOME people have freedom to live wherever they want, others do not. Some people have no more control over where they live than they do how much money that have.

Hence my point about being poor. Which went right over your head.
Mate, I've tried explaining this on this forum a fair few times and been dismissed by people not wanting to 'debate' it. In other words, not having a reasonable reply.

Some people can't get their heads around the fact that not everyone can simply up and move.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Mate, I've tried explaining this on this forum a fair few times and been dismissed by people not wanting to 'debate' it. In other words, not having a reasonable reply.

Some people can't get their heads around the fact that not everyone can simply up and move.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate your words of support. When you try and talk about your feelings about where you live and people just interrogate you, basically demanding an explanation as if you have done something wrong for not agreeing with their point of view, it is really depressing.

What? Do people think that someone would live somewhere they don't like just so that they can be a member of this website and moan about it?!

Get real people. Use your common sense. Not everyone has freedom to just go ''nah, don't like it here'' and bugger off home again. Life is not like that for many people.

If you happen to be that free to go wherever you please you should consider yourself very lucky.

You feel alone in how you feel and come on here for support and comradeship and you just get attacked and interrogated and mocked. Then, if you dare to retaliate, you get called all kinds of unnecessary and rude names. Then these people think they are morally better than you somehow.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mate. Really appreciate your words of support. When you try and talk about your feelings about where you live and people just interrogate you, basically demanding an explanation as if you have done something wrong for not agreeing with their point of view, it is really depressing.

What? Do people think that someone would live somewhere they don't like just so that they can be a member of this website and moan about it?!

Get real people. Use your common sense. Not everyone has freedom to just go ''nah, don't like it here'' and bugger off home again. Life is not like that for many people.

If you happen to be that free to go wherever you please you should consider yourself very lucky.

You feel alone in how you feel and come on here for support and comradeship and you just get attacked and interrogated and mocked. Then, if you dare to retaliate, you get called all kinds of unnecessary and rude names. Then these people think they are morally better than you somehow.
Look at Renth's initial post. If you find that offensive then you are very thin skinned. If you are genuinely on here for support & fellowship, I'd advise you take time out before you reply to a post. Your posts seem to be more agressive than most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.