Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which of these is true today?

Wikiposts

Which of these is true today?

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which of these is true today?

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
I wish The Darkness would make a comeback.
Shut your eyes?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:57 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
But..... His point is not unreasonable. You are a new poster here and all your posts revolve around how awful Australia and Australians are. It isn't unreasonable to ask why you aren't going home.
Err, I wasn't really contesting his point, was I. I think you'll find I was contesting his delivery and tone.

I think the notion that everyone lives where they live through 100% choice indicates a complete lack of real world understanding, experience, maturity and plain common sense.

Of course people find themselves in circumstances which dictate that they have to live in a certain area, even a certain country, that if they had complete choice over every aspect of their lives they wouldn't be in.

So, do people choose to be poor? To people choose to have disabilities? Do people choose to have all manner of other problems? Because according to your 'reasoning', renth and kporte, everyone has total choice. Surely you don't actually think that having actually reflected a little bit more rationally on it?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Shut your eyes?
Lets hope he's driving
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:05 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willamos
You've been reported. Just read over my post. Stand by it. Tough luck if it doesn't suit you.
Oh no,why did ya have to do that Willbore,my life is surely at an end
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Wasn't trying to be funny. However I can't understand why anyone who clearly hates the place like you do would want to stay, especially if they can't be bothered to find out about the "popular culture" they profess to know so much about.
This is a major point - people who hate/dislike/are bored with Australia yet still live here. I've never understood this and never will, and there are so many on this website who are like this.

Be where you are happy - it's not rocket science or difficult to achieve.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Err, I wasn't really contesting his point, was I. I think you'll find I was contesting his delivery and tone.

I think the notion that everyone lives where they live through 100% choice indicates a complete lack of real world understanding, experience, maturity and plain common sense.

Of course people find themselves in circumstances which dictate that they have to live in a certain area, even a certain country, that if they had complete choice over every aspect of their lives they wouldn't be in.

So, do people choose to be poor? To people choose to have disabilities? Do people choose to have all manner of other problems? Because according to your 'reasoning', renth and kporte, everyone has total choice. Surely you don't actually think that having actually reflected a little bit more rationally on it?
Bit touchy. I am unaware of your circumstances which is why I enquired. I assume that there will be some factor that would make someone so dissatisfied with a location, stay. You have been too occupied running down an entire country and it's population to impart that nugget however
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:07 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This is a major point - people who hate/dislike/are bored with Australia yet still live here. I've never understood this and never will, and there are so many on this website who are like this.

Be where you are happy - it's not rocket science or difficult to achieve.
Just answered that question above. You must be quite naive if you REALLY cannot fathom that at all.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You, whoever you are (''it's not my real name'' etc etc etc) represent all that is wrong with these sorts of forums. The poster who thinks he's got it all sorted. The poster who is incredibly, narcissistically pleased with themselves. The poster who can't, simply can't, resist any opportunity to be condescending and smug; rude and insulting, even. The poster who, despite being all of these things, is always convinced that they have the moral high-ground in the debate. The poster who doesn't contribute to the discussion, any discussion, other than to interject with what they clearly perceive to be a devastating witticism that they have conjured up and been chuckling to themselves about in front of their computer.
Dude, you are a newbie and obviously don't know Renth. He is none of these things. Do some research before mouthing off.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Dude, you are a newbie and obviously don't know Renth. He is none of these things. Do some research before mouthing off.
Yep, I concur.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:09 pm
FREE TIBET

He should be gone soon,homework to do
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:10 pm
Banned

Bit touchy. I am unaware of your circumstances which is why I enquired. I assume that there will be some factor that would make someone so dissatisfied with a location, stay. You have been too occupied running down an entire country and it's population to impart that nugget however
Because the membership rules don't state that kporte and renth have the absolute right to know every last detail of why someone lives in Australia. Or why they do or don't like it. The membership rules also do not state that people who do not like it deserve to be interrogated by those who clearly do and would perhaps prefer a website that only allows people who love Australia.

If I have misinterpreted the membership rules please let me know.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Proudly Deplorable

You must be quite naive if you REALLY cannot fathom that at all.
Maybe I am Turbo, but I still can't understand why people voluntarily live somewhere that they don't like.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Lets hope he's driving
Whats yer point, bernie nesbitt?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has just given me a sudden urge for hot chips and pizza.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Because the membership rules don't state that kporte and renth have the absolute right to know every last detail of why someone lives in Australia. Or why they do or don't like it. The membership rules also do not state that people who do not like it deserve to be interrogated by those who clearly do and would perhaps prefer a website that only allows people who love Australia.

If I have misinterpreted the membership rules please let me know.
Get over yourself mate. It's an internet forum I can ask what ever I want. I can agree, disagree, be flippant or take the piss. Personally I prefer people who are not relentlessly negative and I don't want only people who love Aus, which if you did a bit research before posting your vitriol, you would be aware of

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.