Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Strange names and the poor kids........

Wikiposts

Strange names and the poor kids........

Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:45 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Strange names and the poor kids........

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
We have had loads of Rubys and Millies at our preschool...plus the boys names are really common now, Alfie, charlie, archie, george and i even heard a Fred the other day.

nickie
i love ruby and millie for girls my niece is ruby also like alfie for a boy mega cute i prefer charlie for a girl though.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kez81
Yeah kelsey is hard to get my other daughter is macy thats just as hard. i like not so common names though.
Oh yeah i love the name Macy, we have a Macy at preschool and her sister is Grace, love that also.

Rachel was gonna be a Charlie and i like Robyn for a girl but Kev werent having any of it!! Grump!!

I hate my name its realllllly boring and so are my sisters names, Im Nicola Jane, Me sisters are Debra and Tracey Eileen!!!

I like unusual names...but not something that is going to cause my kids probs at school or anytime in their life.

Nickie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:24 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

I knew a family by the name of Koch, pronounced Coke. They named their son Charlie. Don't think they had any idea.....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

i love ruby and millie for girls my niece is ruby also like alfie for a boy mega cute i prefer charlie for a girl though.
I've always loved Ruby but my ex husband wouldn't let me have it ... to close to Ruby Wax apparently. We went for Remy instead.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
An ex colleague had a girl and called her Elle Disco. I think that one’s kinda cool actually!
Elle Disco, now that's out there! But the good thing is that with a name like that she'd never be boring, she'd have to end up as a pop star or a dancer or something!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

emigratingherberts will become famous soon enoughemigratingherberts will become famous soon enough

I wanted to call my daughter Ruby but OH said no way as she would get called curry
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

My old boss was called Ivor Castle. I bet he had fun at school
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

My old neighbour in Scotland was called

Basil Ritchie (think about it)
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

My 5 year old daughter has a girl in her class called "Mavis Davis". She has a 10 year old brother called Fred. I think both names are fantastic.
My sister in law has 2 boys called Jasper and woody. I was in a wacky wharehouse in the UK a few years ago and shouted "Jasper" and a group women started pissing themselves laughing
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The S's
My 5 year old daughter has a girl in her class called "Mavis Davis". She has a 10 year old brother called Fred. I think both names are fantastic.
My sister in law has 2 boys called Jasper and woody. I was in a wacky wharehouse in the UK a few years ago and shouted "Jasper" and a group women started pissing themselves laughing
I heard a women in the high street yelling for her daughter Chardonnay!!! It doesnt sound too nice yelled across the high street.

Nickie
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Its become a weekly ritual of ours since we've lived here, to look through the local rag and find the worst names. There are a lot to choose from.
When our youngest was born we also looked at the hatches section of the paper and noticed there was hardly a 'normal' name in sight. Even vaguely normal names had been butchered.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by rabsody
I've always loved Ruby but my ex husband wouldn't let me have it ... to close to Ruby Wax apparently. We went for Remy instead.
I like Remy its lovely,
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Oh yeah i love the name Macy, we have a Macy at preschool and her sister is Grace, love that also.

Rachel was gonna be a Charlie and i like Robyn for a girl but Kev werent having any of it!! Grump!!

I hate my name its realllllly boring and so are my sisters names, Im Nicola Jane, Me sisters are Debra and Tracey Eileen!!!

I like unusual names...but not something that is going to cause my kids probs at school or anytime in their life.

Nickie

Macy's full name is Macy-Lee because we have the same last name as a certain singer so i wanted it to sound a bit different my OH chose Macy he wanted that for kelsey, i loved Darcey but my OH wasnt keen.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Wait till you here someone yell for their son in a broad kiwi accent "Keanu. Hey babe. Keaaaaannnuuu"

Our kids are called Oliver (which we thought was original and then everyone picked it), Elliot, Adam and Kate. Kate was going to be called Sabine after a movie character, but she was a prostitute and I couldn't quite go there, but she got it as a second name. Unfortunately OH registered her and spelled it like Ribena - Sabena.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:13 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

my niece is called Olivia we wondered what my new nephew would be called and are a bit bemused by Zak!!

my youngest son was called Jamie as I didn't want James I liked Jamie but of course people call him Jimmy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.