Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Strange names and the poor kids........

Strange names and the poor kids........

Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Strange names and the poor kids........

Was watching GMTV yesterday and they were doing a link about a 9 year old girl in NZ and the fact she has been made a ward of court because her name has caused her to start skipping school etc...

Tallulah does the hula in hawaii!!!

i mean, how cruel is that!!!

The others that had been allowed were:
No 16 bus shelter.
Benson and Hedges.
Violence

and some that had been refused
Fish and chips...........they were twins.

I know its nice to give your kids original names but think about the consequences a bit.

poor things.

Nickie
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange names and the poor kids........

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Was watching GMTV yesterday and they were doing a link about a 9 year old girl in NZ and the fact she has been made a ward of court because her name has caused her to start skipping school etc...

Tallulah does the hula in hawaii!!!

i mean, how cruel is that!!!

The others that had been allowed were:
No 16 bus shelter.
Benson and Hedges.
Violence

and some that had been refused
Fish and chips...........they were twins.

I know its nice to give your kids original names but think about the consequences a bit.

poor things.

Nickie
Someone emailed me this link about the same story this morning:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/24/talula_ruling/
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this serious? What does the No 16 bus shelter get called on a daily basis

It's a joke, right?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:18 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
Someone emailed me this link about the same story this morning:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/24/talula_ruling/
i was once walking around a sunderland shopping centre when a heard a women shreak " KEANU ". i turned around expecting to see a surfer looking dude only to be confronted by a ginger haired 6 year old picking dried snot from his left nostrel. also got a mate (from sunderalnd) who called his kid Jackson. when have you ever heard of a white kid called jackson. i think they spelled it JAXON.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it where the kid was conceived
Originally Posted by moneypen20

It's a joke, right?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

In a previous life in class room management, I had a student named Kristen.

Kristen was a boy

WW
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:10 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Its become a weekly ritual of ours since we've lived here, to look through the local rag and find the worst names. There are a lot to choose from.

Young73 - Jaxon seems to be a really popular name down here in the Illawarra There are at least 2 a week

Harry (son) seems quite plain amid the Ashwins, Ashtons, Ashlynnes, Braedons, Tahlias, Keaanies and Nayanas in his pre-school!!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Howford - any heard of that before???
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

One of my students has a sister called Ambrielle. She is a rather chubby awkward child and not at all flowery looking. Oh and there's a boy called Jaxom.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20

It's a joke, right?
Nope its totally serious..poor little mite and i moan about the name Nicola!!

Tallulah does the hula in hawaii calls herself K, and started skipping school so i think the courts are gonna let her change her name.

We give our kids nicknames....Kelsey is Pingu, jess is splodge etc but would never call them that on any legal docs.

Nickie
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

I called my first daughter Carrie.

When our next born was another girl I told my hubby that I wanted to call her Lori.

Nothing unusual there I thought until hubby says "and I suppose you'll want to call the next one Bussy?"

Our second born was therefore named "Kim"
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:31 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I work in both primary and secondary schools.
The worst names I have come accross are:

Amber Hazard
Arin Comer
Tia Wright
Bethany Beever

those are just what I remember....
J x
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I work in both primary and secondary schools.
The worst names I have come accross are:

Amber Hazard
Arin Comer
Tia Wright
Bethany Beever

those are just what I remember....
J x
Oi, my eldest is called Amber

Actually she used to go to kindy with a Tallullah. I have to say the name suited the little girl perfectly, I thought it was a lovely name but some shockers I've heard:

Tailum
Jayden
Heaven Lea
Sky
Logan

Aussies seem to follow the American way of calling your kid made up names like Beyonce. And why do they pronounce Megan as Meee-gan???
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:31 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

A guy at work had a son named "Taylor", nicknamed "Chopper" and a daughter named "Harley".
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Oi, my eldest is called Amber

Actually she used to go to kindy with a Tallullah. I have to say the name suited the little girl perfectly, I thought it was a lovely name but some shockers I've heard:

Tailum
Jayden
Heaven Lea
Sky
Logan

Aussies seem to follow the American way of calling your kid made up names like Beyonce. And why do they pronounce Megan as Meee-gan???
.... or Natasha pronouned "Nataashar", like the Channel 10 newsreader.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.