Reload this Page >

Start a Nurses thread !

Start a Nurses thread !

Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

the harrys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Start a Nurses thread !

Hi Novocastria,
In my last job, my dept ran the 'return to practice' nursing course. The government pulled the funding a while ago, but it will probably be back on the agenda soon! Try your local hospitals and universities to see if they run this course.
Anyway, we had a couple of 'returners' who had been out of nursing longer than you, one had qualified 25 years beforehand,worked for a year as a staff nurse and gave up to start a family. It was a huge challenge, but she joined the nurse bank as an auxiliary first to get back into the swing of it, which really helped.
If I can help, pm me,
Helen x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hi I have just started as a RN level 2 in community care program with Wesley Mission on the Gold Coast. We put Extended age care packages in from low care to high care demetia.

A bit different from what i did in Scotland -Outpatients manager /stake holder co ordinator with background in theatre and practice nursing.

Only here 8 weeks and got offered 7 jobs we are in demand!!!!!

Anyone interested in an RN postition in south brisbane as there is places going give me a pm.

Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Kookypie will become famous soon enough

Anyone else heading to Victoria? Or applying for jobs in critical care?

I will be travelling with my OH but we wont know a single soul! Will be time for me to come out of my shell I think
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow nurses and midwives

I am a neonatal nurse currently working at RPH.
Applied for my 457 on line 28th Feb and hoping to start work mid July at RBWH on neonatal intensive care unit.

Jill
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:43 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Hi fellow nurses and midwives

I am a neonatal nurse currently working at RPH.
Applied for my 457 on line 28th Feb and hoping to start work mid July at RBWH on neonatal intensive care unit.

Jill
Hi and welcome
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hi everyone,

I'm a lapsed RGN, RM AND HV. Currently living in Dorset. Had a break for children, then fell into a bit of management so clinical skills out of date (10 years).

Desperate to get back in to nursing when move to Aus to Nov, but not sure if possible or which discipline.

I loved Health visiting if there a similar position in Australia?,
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Hi everyone,

I'm a lapsed RGN, RM AND HV. Currently living in Dorset. Had a break for children, then fell into a bit of management so clinical skills out of date (10 years).

Desperate to get back in to nursing when move to Aus to Nov, but not sure if possible or which discipline.

I loved Health visiting if there a similar position in Australia?,
have a look at this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...s+in+australia

and at this http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Thanks asher looks like it's child health nursing then if they will take me back.

I don't want to be stuck behind the desk for 88% of my time any more. Especially when i'm working in a warmer climate. Seems like I'm going to loose my independence though.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Thanks asher looks like it's child health nursing then if they will take me back.

I don't want to be stuck behind the desk for 88% of my time any more. Especially when i'm working in a warmer climate. Seems like I'm going to loose my independence though.
Good luck whatever you go for

just enjoy your job
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

mary irene is an unknown quantity at this point

This Nurses thread has been a great big hit. Hope to hear from more Nurses.
Are there any Nurses here working in Aged Care and from Brisbane?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

DavidandAlex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all you nurses and midwives,

I am a palliative care nurse and OH is an ICU nurse, currently living and working in Oxford. We are looking to come to Western Australia, probably Perth (Helen, Kelly, Cheryl - love to hear your thoughts/experiences ) end of the year/beginning next year. We have been in touch with a nursing agency called Vital Recruitment (anyone else had experience of them?) and we are currently applying to the NMBWA for our registration. OH will be working full time but I will need to be part time/agency as we have a 15 month old son to look after.

I'm a bit of a newbie to the whole site but finding it brilliantly informative! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! In particular is it best for OH to try and secure a job before applying for a visa? And has anyone any ideas/experience of employers paying for (or at least helping out with) costs of visa/relocation etc? Sorry for all the questions - got so many running through my head!

Thanks
Alex
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

the harrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alex
Welcome to the forum!
We're hoping to get over there later this year, but from our experiences so far, here are my main tips:
Apply for your NBWA as son as you have your documents, and certified copies ready, as this can take some time. For my OH, the hospital couldn't proceed with his visa application until the reg was granted.
When you apply to the NMC for verification (and transcript if your need it from them) send it by recorded delivery.OH didn't and they 'lost' the requests!! I did and it was actioned in 2 days.

We haven't gone through an agency, OH was on a reccie, staying with a mate in Perth and went for an informal visit, and was offered a job.
As nurses the process has been quite straight forward so far, and you only need one of you to apply for the visa, I'll be in the same boat as you, hubby working full time as the visa holder,and I'll get kids settled and do 'casual' od see how good self rostering is (if they have it?!)

I'll stop rambling now, can tell I haven't posted for a while!
Feel free to pm me though, look forward to seeing you there
Helen (+Dan & 4 kids)
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

We plan to arrive in Perth in September. Has anyone had experience of having 'web cam or telephone'interviews? Do you have to do a state registration before you can apply?

Sorry to ask dippy questions but I have so much to find out and plan as well as going through normal life. I'm sure you guys are all going through it too-or have been!!!

Thanx
Cheryl
x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kookypie
Anyone else heading to Victoria? Or applying for jobs in critical care?

I will be travelling with my OH but we wont know a single soul! Will be time for me to come out of my shell I think
Hi we are moving to Victoria, I am a midwife but we have only just started having my skills assessed so we are hoping we could be out there in Jan 09 (fingers crossed). Where about are you going in Vic??

Zoe
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Are midwives welcome?
Hi Iam a midwife quiet new to this ony just found this link, are you in the uk or oz??? We are hoping to be out there by Jan (ish)!!!!! x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.