Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 8th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi again all,

The 47SP form asks if myself or anyone else included in the application has suffered from a serious illness or disability, do I need answer that question with the fact that my fiancee is disabled or does it just mean me and anyone else who may be coming with me?
Old May 9th 2008, 1:54 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hi again all,

The 47SP form asks if myself or anyone else included in the application has suffered from a serious illness or disability, do I need answer that question with the fact that my fiancee is disabled or does it just mean me and anyone else who may be coming with me?
My understanding of the form is that the question only relates to YOUR health and not that of your fiancee, as you are the applicant, she is the sponsor. The "anyone else included in the application" refers to any dependent children who may be applying to emigrate with you - in my case, my young daughter was included.

Hope this helps
Old May 9th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks again Silly, yeah that seems to make more sense. Besides I will include in my statement about our relationship, future plans etc about her being disabled anyway and how I will look after her etc, ahhh bless!

I just need to complete the character form now, and that looks like a bugger! :curse:
Old May 9th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Thanks again Silly, yeah that seems to make more sense. Besides I will include in my statement about our relationship, future plans etc about her being disabled anyway and how I will look after her etc, ahhh bless!

I just need to complete the character form now, and that looks like a bugger! :curse:
yea - good luck with that one!! can you remember everywhere you have lived/visited/worked the last 10 years!?
Old May 9th 2008, 11:18 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't complete that one as it wasn't on the list of documents to complete!
Old May 9th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Yeah unfortunately I have to complete the character form. I think the only problem will be remembering the dates of travel the last 10 years, especially as ive been to the US about 5-6 times during that span, as far as where I have lived and work, this shouldnt be a problem as I haven't moved house much and my work history I can just copy from my CV.

This form looks as though it will take longer to complete than any other :curse:
Old May 9th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

bella.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the payment of the application. I just wanted to double check that I cannot pay with a visa debit card if I am lodging my application by mail? Are cheques acceptable or will it have to be done with an actual credit card?
Old May 9th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah unfortunately I have to complete the character form. I think the only problem will be remembering the dates of travel the last 10 years, especially as ive been to the US about 5-6 times during that span, as far as where I have lived and work, this shouldnt be a problem as I haven't moved house much and my work history I can just copy from my CV.

This form looks as though it will take longer to complete than any other :curse:
definitely took me the longest - i worked in dublin for 2 years of the last 10 so had numerous trips between the countries (dates of which I haven't a clue), and various other trips in Europe - but as they don't stamp your passport going into EU countries its hard to remember!! just guessed some dates in the end
Old May 10th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
just guessed some dates in the end
Get the feeling I may have to do that!

I thought the 47SP form would take the longest but that wasn't too difficult.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my passport sent back to me this morning, which is strange. They are requesting a medical, but i've had the xray and med done and it was sent to them about 3 weeks ago. Also, they want a form 1101 sent in for an australian police check. How long do these take, anyone know?

I thought they would have kept my passport for now, doesn't the visa get put in it?
Old May 10th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

What Visa are you applying for?
Old May 10th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

my australian police check only too about 10 days (at Xmas too)
Old May 10th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Surely I dont need an australian police check for my PMV?
Old May 10th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

only if you have lived there for 12 months (cumulatively) - I spent 11months there on a working holiday visa in 2004, and have visited twice since, so I had to get an Oz police check. It was the easiest one to get though, much quicker than the UK one
Old May 10th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

But the UK one takes 10 days now too at a charge of 35 quid instead of 10. I was expecting it to take 40 days at 10 quid but when I went to my local police station I was told its changed and am now applying via ACPO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.