Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:01 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Thanks for that SillyOldBag.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but what does OH stand for?
I think in this context it stands for "Other Half". Its not a silly question if you don't know the answer - I was puzzled by "DD" for ages on another forum and had to ask in the end, turns out it was "darling daughter"! We live and learn!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:29 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

With the medicals business - do you both have to have them or just the applicant?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I think in this context it stands for "Other Half". Its not a silly question if you don't know the answer - I was puzzled by "DD" for ages on another forum and had to ask in the end, turns out it was "darling daughter"! We live and learn!
Yeah "Other Half" seems to make sense, and your right, we live and learn! I'm at the point now where I want to submit my application today, but we still have to get documents, photos etc together. AAARRRGHHHHH!

Kris_Rocks, I have to have a medical but my sponsor, who is my fiancee in Brisbane, doesn't need one.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

I had my medical, xray and blood test today for my 309 Spouse Visa. Both only took about 15mins (minus the hanging around in between). For anyone interested costs were as follows at Taunton.

XRAY - £85
HIV Blood test - £35
Medical - £135 (equates to about £10 a minute)

Doctor was very brusque but did the following
Urine Check
Eye Sight test
Blood Pressure
Ears, Eyes Mouth
Tested all my reflex's (didnt know I had so many)
Listened to chest (Back and front)
Bend down touch your toes.
Examine my wedding tackle.
Weighed me and worked out my BMI
Went thru xray results.
Poked and prodded my stomach a bit....and that was that.

Not to much to worry about really!

Need to wait a week for blood test results and they then send it all up to London.

My wife who is sponsoring me does not need one and my son who was born in the UK does also not need one as we applied for citizen by descent and an austrlian passport for him beforehand. Works out much cheaper.

Last edited by taffgmg; Apr 28th 2008 at 5:28 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

So as I am the Australian and sponsor I will not need to have a medical and neither will my son, who has citizenship by descent, but it is just my Husband who will need to get one done.

Just trying to budget for everything before we start applying - thats why I ask.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:07 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
So as I am the Australian and sponsor I will not need to have a medical and neither will my son, who has citizenship by descent, but it is just my Husband who will need to get one done.

Just trying to budget for everything before we start applying - thats why I ask.
Yes that's right. As you and your son both have citizenship already neither of you need a medical. I know what you mean about budgeting - all these things soon add up and you need to know what will need to be paid!

Good luck with it all
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:37 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Yes that's right. As you and your son both have citizenship already neither of you need a medical. I know what you mean about budgeting - all these things soon add up and you need to know what will need to be paid!

Good luck with it all
Cheers.

I am self employed and since having the baby havent really done as much work as I should so money is a bit tight at the mo - we have decided to wait to apply until our house is sold, just in case something goes wrong or in the current climate it takes forever to sell and dont want to risk time running out on us with the visa.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shelld81
Can anyone who's applied recently please tell me what my options for payment are? I don't want to phone the London office if I can help it cos it's so expensive, but I'm not sure how to send payment with our application. I also don't know what the current cost is at the moment when applying from England. I know (many many months ago!) that the cost when applying from Australia was around the $2000 mark, but I think it's a little cheaper if applying from the UK? I only heard this the other day, I don't know how true it is.

How long now Jutang?
Just thought I'd bump this back up so it doesn't get forgotten!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Hello again all

Cant remember if I mentioned this already, but in regards to the medical, could the fact I suffered from depression, which lead me to spending some time in hospital around 2002/2003 be a problem? This is something that I have fully recovered from and havent taken medication for since 2003.

I assume/hope this wont be a problem now?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:01 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

In an email from Australian High Commission and they say:

To lodge a Partner Migration application at the London office the fee is £655 and processing takes up to 12 weeks.
There are a number of advantages in lodging a Partner Migration application in London. The processing time at the London office is up to 12 weeks. It may take over 6 months to be processed in Australia, and the application charge is significantly higher for applications lodged inside Australia.

When I paid for my sons citizenship last month I sent a cheque and they sent it back to me saying they only accept cheques in Australia.
Had to fill in a form with credit card details on and post that to them instead.
I think the last page of the forms have the same form for making payment.

Hope that helps
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

We sent our 309 Visa submission off a couple of weeks ago and part of the form requests you enter in your credit card details etc. They debited the card 3 days after we sent it to the tune of £655.

I had my medical and xray yesterday and the hospital and doctors surgery would only accept cheques.

Hope that helps
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:26 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hello again all

Cant remember if I mentioned this already, but in regards to the medical, could the fact I suffered from depression, which lead me to spending some time in hospital around 2002/2003 be a problem? This is something that I have fully recovered from and havent taken medication for since 2003.

I assume/hope this wont be a problem now?
I'm pretty sure from having read the forums for some while now that this sort of thing is highly unlikely to be a problem. You might want to get a letter from your GP in advance of the medical basically confirming that you have been fine and dandy and off medication since 2003 in case the doctor wants more info? Maybe doing a Search for threads using the terms "depression medical" might throw up some info?

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure from having read the forums for some while now that this sort of thing is highly unlikely to be a problem. You might want to get a letter from your GP in advance of the medical basically confirming that you have been fine and dandy and off medication since 2003 in case the doctor wants more info? Maybe doing a Search for threads using the terms "depression medical" might throw up some info?

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Thanks Silly

I did also email the hospital where I will be taking my medical telling them of this and they should it shouldn't be a problem too, so thats one less thing to worry about!!

I also hear that there is a new 47SP form to complete? (April 08). Does anyone know if this was introduced from the start of April as I did print it off around mid April and have already completed it. I just hope I dont have to complete it again! :curse:

Edit - after further investigation it seems I have completed an October 07 version of the form! :curse: so I assume I will need to complete the April 08 version and submit that instead?

Last edited by JBlokeUK; Apr 30th 2008 at 11:42 am.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

bella.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Another form!! I have filled out the Oct 07 one too. This paperwork really is neverending!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:04 pm
Feeble Minded

I haven't looked at the new form - taking time off from forms, before I start again after the wedding! But the chances are its only a very little change and so you should be able to copy most of your answers over, a pain in the bum but needs must!!

I've got to get my thoughts together in the next few days and get my wedding arranged!! Been back here a few weeks now and made no progress whatsoever - but having a great time nonetheless! I wish someone would arrange everything for me! *looks round hopefully for volunteers*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.