Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Good luck Taff, hope it all works out for you

Does anyone know if there is a form for when you write your statement about your relationship with your partner, future plans etc?
Hey there, hubbie and I hand wrote our statements on 2 sides of lined A4 paper, we described how our relationship developed and the ways we share our lives. We didnt get it witnessed, just signed and dated them and they sounded quite similar! We got our visa last week.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by taffgmg
We received an acknowledgement (via email) from Australia House today regarding my Spouse Visa application which we posted on 14th April. Email contained a reference number, some details about having to enter Australia within 1 year along with a commitment to process the application as quickly as possible on receipt of my meds and Police check. Meds booked for Monday 28th. 40 days expires for the Police checks around about 6th May.

Fingers crossed........
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!! It's an awful feeling but it won't be long.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hey there, hubbie and I hand wrote our statements on 2 sides of lined A4 paper, we described how our relationship developed and the ways we share our lives. We didnt get it witnessed, just signed and dated them and they sounded quite similar! We got our visa last week.
Thanks Rach. Me and my fiancee first met in 2002 and was together for 7 months before she had to return to Australia, then we split and lost contact for 4 years, then we got back in contact and realized we both shared the same feelings for each other and always did, it's quite an amazing story, thats the short version!!

Will look to start writing my statement very soon, the sooner my application is submitted the better!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, quick question..

I NEED to get my visa application sent off on monday as my flight is on June 11th. All I need now is to get some photos and photocopies certified. I've called round all the local solicitors and none of them will do it for under 75 quid.. is this normal? Seems expensive for 5 minutes of signing documents...

Where did you guys get yours signed?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:17 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scor
Hi, quick question..

I NEED to get my visa application sent off on monday as my flight is on June 11th. All I need now is to get some photos and photocopies certified. I've called round all the local solicitors and none of them will do it for under 75 quid.. is this normal? Seems expensive for 5 minutes of signing documents...

Blimey that is expensive - my solicitor did me some cert copies for £4 per copy and if doing a bulk load just quoted an overall price which was cheaper still. Dont know if I got that price because I used to work for them or not though, but even so that does seem very expensive to me.
All he did was photocopy them, stamped them and signed them - only took a couple of minutes.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:05 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, quick question..

are you sure you need to get all the documents certified? We only had to get birth certificates, divorce decree, passport - I think that was it. Was charged about 10 pounds I think. The rest of the evidence didn't need to be certified, I just said the originals could be sent if they so wished, which they didn't!

Good luck with the application
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Another quick question. Do I need to have a date set for my return to Brisbane included in my application for a Prospective Marriage Visa?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:50 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Another quick question. Do I need to have a date set for my return to Brisbane included in my application for a Prospective Marriage Visa?
No you don't. I didn't book mine and my daughters flights back here til after the visa was granted. When the visa is granted you will be given a date for first entry and you then have to be married within 9 months of the date of grant of visa.

Good luck with it all - bet you can't wait to get back and get on with your new life!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
No you don't. I didn't book mine and my daughters flights back here til after the visa was granted. When the visa is granted you will be given a date for first entry and you then have to be married within 9 months of the date of grant of visa.

Good luck with it all - bet you can't wait to get back and get on with your new life!!
Thanks SillyOldBag, love the name by the way.

When you say given a date, do you mean your told an exact date as to when you have to leave the UK or a date that you have to be in Australia by?

I'm looking to submit my application at the end of June, wedding is booked for 31st Jan 09. How soon after the visa is granted are you given for first entry?

Last edited by JBlokeUK; Apr 27th 2008 at 6:54 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:04 pm
Feeble Minded

Thanks SillyOldBag, love the name by the way.

When you say given a date, do you mean your told an exact date as to when you have to leave the UK or a date that you have to be in Australia by?

I'm looking to submit my application at the end of June, wedding is booked for 31st Jan 09. How soon after the visa is granted are you given for first entry?
hehe - thanks - it makes me giggle when people have to call me SillyOldBag it sounds so impertinent! I'm a little kid at heart

You're given a date by which time you need to have entered Australia - you're also allowed to come and go from Australia although the expense of that means its not really all that likely to happen for most of us! Most people seem to be given months for first entry - for some reason mine was only just over a couple of months, but it might have tied in with my wedding date.

Its a strange feeling when you finally relinquish your application that you've spent weeks/months preparing into someone else's hands, and then its so great when the visa grant arrives!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi, no probs. You only need police checks for anywhere you have lived 12 months or longer - so no you do not need to get a police check for USA.
Just to confirm this, for anyone else who's reading, the 12 months is cumulative. If you've spent a total of 12 months or more (that includes short stints added together) in any country you must get police checks done for that country.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Can anyone who's applied recently please tell me what my options for payment are? I don't want to phone the London office if I can help it cos it's so expensive, but I'm not sure how to send payment with our application. I also don't know what the current cost is at the moment when applying from England. I know (many many months ago!) that the cost when applying from Australia was around the $2000 mark, but I think it's a little cheaper if applying from the UK? I only heard this the other day, I don't know how true it is.

How long now Jutang?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi, quick question..

If it's not too late, take them to a bank. I know our branch of Abbey in Holmfirth will certify (and photocopy) for free! They're sooooo sick of us!

Good luck!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

And I forgot to mention... appointment for OH's medicals is this afternoon! I'm soooooo nervous, thought I was over the nerves but they've just come back in full force. Makes me realise how close the application is to being sent away
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
hehe - thanks - it makes me giggle when people have to call me SillyOldBag it sounds so impertinent! I'm a little kid at heart

You're given a date by which time you need to have entered Australia - you're also allowed to come and go from Australia although the expense of that means its not really all that likely to happen for most of us! Most people seem to be given months for first entry - for some reason mine was only just over a couple of months, but it might have tied in with my wedding date.

Its a strange feeling when you finally relinquish your application that you've spent weeks/months preparing into someone else's hands, and then its so great when the visa grant arrives!
Thanks for that SillyOldBag.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but what does OH stand for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.