Shark Cull Begins

Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:15 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark Cull Begins

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
Exactly - you and your kids are at no risk of being attacked by a great white or tiger shark - so why jump up and down about getting rid of a few sharks who are nowhere near you and your family? You have moved back to the UK to enjoy the lifestyle. You want to change the lifestyle that people here enjoy, a simple lifestyle of going down the beach for a play or exercise.
It's strange that you're targeting Chris because he's not directly affected yet seem to be ignoring the other residents of WA on this thread who ARE directly affected yet still wholeheartedly disagree with the cull.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
It's strange that you're targeting Chris because he's not directly affected yet seem to be ignoring the other residents of WA on this thread who ARE directly affected yet still wholeheartedly disagree with the cull.
No, I'm not targeting Chris, but his posts are amongst the more preposterous on this thread. As you say, there's plenty of others, especially in WA, but life's too short to reply to all of them.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Truth is that no-one ever got eaten by a shark that wasn't wearing a big 'look at me I'm shark food' sign. The shark's not to blame for it's instincts, we are the one's who make the choice to get into the water with them. To kill one shark because of this is madness, proper 16th century lynch mob madness.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

There is massive opposition to the cull and quite rightly. It is possibly one of the worst decisions made by Barnett and his numpty colleagues.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:18 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just said something to me that I think sums it up...

'Humans have the capacity to think, and to build. We built pools so we don't have to invade the space of big swimmy things with pointy teeth. If you choose to do so anyway, rather than enjoy the nice safe pool, is it really sharp-tooths fault? Or your own stupidity?'
Old Jan 30th 2014, 3:35 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm not targeting Chris, but his posts are amongst the more preposterous on this thread. As you say, there's plenty of others, especially in WA, but life's too short to reply to all of them.
LMAO!

I've translated your post into ForumSpeak "I'm only answering Chris' posts because he doesn't live in WA so I can say that his views don't count. I'm not going to answer anyone else because I don't really have an argument other than 'humans are more important than sharks and I WANT TO GO IN THE SEA FOR GOODNESS SAKE'"
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:21 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh believe me my posts arent the most preposterous on this thread
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:25 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO!

I've translated your post into ForumSpeak "I'm only answering Chris' posts because he doesn't live in WA so I can say that his views don't count. I'm not going to answer anyone else because I don't really have an argument other than 'humans are more important than sharks and I WANT TO GO IN THE SEA FOR GOODNESS SAKE'"

Yes those pesky sharks are really annoying and could eat my kids at any moment, kill them now and then we had better have a good look at dolphins, have you seen how pointy their noses are?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:28 pm
Banned

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-wa-shark-cull
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:29 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955

Yes those pesky sharks are really annoying and could eat my kids at any moment, kill them now and then we had better have a good look at dolphins, have you seen how pointy their noses are?
Don't mention the dolphins shusshhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jan 30th 2014, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

This article:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-2...ttacks/5164882
is quite interesting - I hadn't realised that shark nets were intended to kill sharks rather than act as a barrier, so in effect shark culling is already widespread in Australia, and the cull in WA is nothing new.
For the record I think it is disgusting.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Who is going to the demo tomorrow? I'm going to be there with the Mrs and kids.

"What do we want? NO CULL!"
"When don't we want it? NOW!"
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Who is going to the demo tomorrow? I'm going to be there with the Mrs and kids.

"What do we want? NO CULL!"
"When don't we want it? NOW!"
When & where Renth? Cottesloe again?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:16 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When & where Renth? Cottesloe again?
Yes 10am
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Yes 10am
Beauty. #1 daughter and I will be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.