Shark Cull Begins

Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shark Cull Begins

personally I think wiping out any species on this planet is abominable, apart from us lot, we're the only ones cocking everything up. Give it 40 years or so then kill all humans
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris955
Lots of sharks around the coast here including enormous Basking Sharks.
not basking in the sun though are they?? fanaaar fanaaar
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:02 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Depends if they are around on the 2 days of summer.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

personally I think wiping out any species on this planet is abominable, apart from us lot, we're the only ones cocking everything up. Give it 40 years or so then kill all humans
Who's talking about exterminating all sharks around the world?
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Basking in icy water or actually on top of ice, like some Arctic animals, actually sounds very appealing. In fact, on hot summer days like this one, I'm dreaming about it.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
Who's talking about exterminating all sharks around the world?
zero pontential man eaters = zero risk to humans, it's a logical conclusion really. Don't go swimming where the sharks are, I'm as thick as shit and even I get that one
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

zero pontential man eaters = zero risk to humans, it's a logical conclusion really. Don't go swimming where the sharks are, I'm as thick as shit and even I get that one
As I said before, if you follow this type of thinking through, then there's only a couple of very small beaches in the Perth metro area where it's guaranteed that the sharks can't get through.

From where I'm sitting I can get up and walk past 4 houses, cross the road and that's a beach where great whites and other sharks have been visiting, including this time yesterday. The next 3 suburbs south can say the same thing. Keep the sharks away from these beaches which are in use all year around by humans, and have been for decades. The whales are not migrating now, there are no seals around these surf beaches, we are not near the sheep containers leaving Fremantle. Something has changed to make these animals behave this way - whatever the reason, people need protecting, so get rid of these sharks, which appear to be in abundance.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Something has changed to make these animals behave this way -
all that has changed is public hysteria and political opportunism....which, hopefully, will backfire
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
all that has changed is public hysteria and political opportunism....which, hopefully, will backfire
Colin Barnett is an idiot. This policy has, quite rightly IMO a lot of opposition and I just hope he gets what is coming to him and he loses his position.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:32 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, if you follow this type of thinking through, then there's only a couple of very small beaches in the Perth metro area where it's guaranteed that the sharks can't get through.

From where I'm sitting I can get up and walk past 4 houses, cross the road and that's a beach where great whites and other sharks have been visiting, including this time yesterday. The next 3 suburbs south can say the same thing. Keep the sharks away from these beaches which are in use all year around by humans, and have been for decades. The whales are not migrating now, there are no seals around these surf beaches, we are not near the sheep containers leaving Fremantle. Something has changed to make these animals behave this way - whatever the reason, people need protecting, so get rid of these sharks, which appear to be in abundance.
You really dont get it do you? WE are the ones in THEIR territory, THEIR natural environment.
Your one line 'get rid of the sharks' says it all. Nothing has changed, sharks have been where they are for MILLIONS of years. No wonder the world is so messed up.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

You really dont get it do you? WE are the ones in THEIR territory, THEIR natural environment.
Your one line 'get rid of the sharks' says it all. Nothing has changed, sharks have been where they are for MILLIONS of years. No wonder the world is so messed up.
Sharks have not been coming right in to the shoreline at Perth metro beaches as regularly and in such high numbers as the past couple of years. It was a long time before I even heard a shark alarm and I can remember asking my OH "What's that noise". Yes, sharks have been out in the ocean for a long time, or in river systems, but not coming into our territory at the shoreline.

A 4 metre great white shark 50 metres offshore is acceptable? Not just a one-off but a regular occurrence? Would you still be saying "It's their territory" when the great white or tiger attacks your child? Have you got it yet?

By the way, can you please answer my post about basking sharks?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:59 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

A 4 metre great white shark 50 metres offshore is acceptable? Not just a one-off but a regular occurrence? Would you still be saying "It's their territory" when the great white or tiger attacks your child? Have you got it yet?
That argument was made and continues to be made for the slaughtering of mega-fauna everywhere on this planet. Oh no it's a bear! Kill it. Oh no it's a tiger! Kill it.

I am ashamed to be a member of the most destruction species on this planet sometimes.

When are people going to realise that destroying the top predator in an eco-system has major consequences on the rest of it? At the bottom of that food chain is plankton - which breathes the oxygen we need.

+1
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
That argument was made and continues to be made for the slaughtering of mega-fauna everywhere on this planet. Oh no it's a bear! Kill it. Oh no it's a tiger! Kill it.

I am ashamed to be a member of the most destruction species on this planet sometimes.

When are people going to realise that destroying the top predator in an eco-system has major consequences on the rest of it? At the bottom of that food chain is plankton - which breathes the oxygen we need.

+1
Very
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:46 am
Banned

Sharks have not been coming right in to the shoreline at Perth metro beaches as regularly and in such high numbers as the past couple of years. It was a long time before I even heard a shark alarm and I can remember asking my OH "What's that noise". Yes, sharks have been out in the ocean for a long time, or in river systems, but not coming into our territory at the shoreline.

By the way, can you please answer my post about basking sharks?
OMG, the comment about the Basking Sharks was in relation to the joke about there being no sharks in the UK. Basking Sharks eat plankton and dont ever attack people.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

OMG, the comment about the Basking Sharks was in relation to the joke about there being no sharks in the UK. Basking Sharks eat plankton and dont ever attack people.
Exactly - you and your kids are at no risk of being attacked by a great white or tiger shark - so why jump up and down about getting rid of a few sharks who are nowhere near you and your family? You have moved back to the UK to enjoy the lifestyle. You want to change the lifestyle that people here enjoy, a simple lifestyle of going down the beach for a play or exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.