Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Same brand, different name...

Same brand, different name...

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Vash will become famous soon enoughMrs Vash will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Same brand, different name...

HAMSTER FOOD = Weet-bix. Send it back to the sanitorium.

"Whole Wheat Bisks" in the "International" aisle of Coles = "Weetabix" and due to the exorbitant price has become my weekend treat.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Same brand, different name...

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
What's the same brand as Aptamil Growing Up milk? Thanks.
Aptamil back home was made by Nutrcia as was Cow and Gate, therefore, I guess it's Karicare.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Same brand, different name...

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes, well might you sit there drinking coffee. After 5 and a half years of hearing you complaining about the UK, it's my turn now to complain about your country...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:53 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Vash
Yes, well might you sit there drinking coffee. After 5 and a half years of hearing you complaining about the UK, it's my turn now to complain about your country...
You go girl!

Let it all out
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

I will...

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Not this one. Weetabix and Weet-Bix are made by two different companies (Weetabix Ltd and Sanitarium respectively).

Weet-Bix is the original product, invented in NSW during the 1920s. Its Australian inventors started a new company for distribution in Britain during the 1930s, where their product was rebadged as "Weetabix". Consequently, both products are Australian in origin.
Clearly, they were thrown out of Australia for creating such an awful breakfast product. When they went to the UK, we made them raise the standard of the product considerably...

There's not much to choose between them, but Weetabix seem to be smaller and sweeter.
There's a world of difference. Weetabix is denser, lasts longer and tastes wonderful.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:54 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

I will...

Clearly, they were thrown out of Australia for creating such an awful breakfast product. When they went to the UK, we made them raise the standard of the product considerably...

There's a world of difference. Weetabix is denser, lasts longer and tastes wonderful.
An Australian alternative available in Australian shops:

Vita Brits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tobys
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Cuddles fabric conditioner = Lenor
No, not that one: "Cuddles" is made by Colgate. "Lenor" is made by Proctor & Gamble. Two different companies.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:16 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Dove = Galaxy Unfortunately they don't do bars of it though only bags with "treat size" amounts...
I'm officially surprised. Had a look in the supermarket the other day and not a bar to be seen.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:21 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

WIsh someone would import Shreddies

Em x
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

UKOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Aptamil back home was made by Nutrcia as was Cow and Gate, therefore, I guess it's Karicare.
I dont think so.tried it with my daughter who use aptamil in the UK but she refused to drink it.We end up buying pediasure here.Bit expensive but the result is absolutely great.She gain a lot of weight.Worried now of obesity.hehehehe .
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:01 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKOZ
I dont think so.tried it with my daughter who use aptamil in the UK but she refused to drink it.We end up buying pediasure here.Bit expensive but the result is absolutely great.She gain a lot of weight.Worried now of obesity.hehehehe .
lol - kids huh?! if its not one thing, its another!

Em x
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKOZ
Well I had no probs with Cow & Gate, but having tried Karicare, I'm yet to be convinced, I can't get it to dissolve properly at any temperature, and bub has been funny about it too. But it's made by Nutricia, the company which also makes C&G and Aptamil. I've settled on S26 so far. They're all pricey compared to the UK.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Is it any good? It looks just like Weet-bix, although the yellow and blue design around the name smacks of Weetabixishness!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

UKOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I had no probs with Cow & Gate, but having tried Karicare, I'm yet to be convinced, I can't get it to dissolve properly at any temperature, and bub has been funny about it too. But it's made by Nutricia, the company which also makes C&G and Aptamil. I've settled on S26 so far. They're all pricey compared to the UK.
Your right very pricey that's why im scared of getting pregnant here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.