Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Same brand, different name...

Same brand, different name...

Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:10 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Same brand, different name...

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Thank you Pollyana its those sort of remarks that keep the good people away.

Have some karma who the hell needs comments like that... chin up chick! x

Last edited by emelems; Nov 7th 2009 at 5:11 am. Reason: Forgot the quotation thingy
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:27 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
I think your just here to spoil things for everyone and any Australian would be ashamed to be call an Australian if they have to be as rude as you. You are 'bestowing' your time here as your a sad and lonely person and I feel very sorry for you.

Why you think someone is stupid because they have asked a simple question I really dont understand

But keep up the pointless work your doing as your doing Australia proud.
Ta. My time here has not been wasted. I have discovered that my Government is letting in the droves of the useless. I shall vote for the Keep The Bastards Out party should one appear.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emelems
Have some karma who the hell needs comments like that... chin up chick! x
Thanks for the karma xx its a shame that care in the Oz has let some people down
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Ta. My time here has not been wasted. I have discovered that my Government is letting in the droves of the useless. I shall vote for the Keep The Bastards Out party should one appear.
I find it quite staggering that you find it so amusing to be so blatantly rude. I also find it staggering that you expect someone who has just moved to another country to suddenly know every single thing about that country, with all the idiosyncracies associated with it, and if they don't then you believe them to be useless. Yours must be one of the most ignorant and arrogant views I have ever come across.

You're an embarrassment to your country and your countrymen.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:52 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Plus sanitarium brand is owned and run by "committed christians". So that makes them committed to the sanitarium.........
more like committed to not paying all their tax bill more like .
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:35 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WillBlack

The door is thatta way...................

Em x
Old Nov 7th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Mange tout = Snow pea
Gammon = Pickled Pork
Mange tout and snow peas are actually different. You can buy both in the UK if you go to the posher supermarkets Mange tout should be totally flat where as snow peas have slight peas in there. I actually took some normal peas in pods into work one day here and was shelling them and they all thought I was mad as they all said they would think they were snow peas and just eat the lot!
Also, pickled pork is not the same as gammon (not the stuff they sell around my way at least).
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Vash will become famous soon enoughMrs Vash will become famous soon enough

Anyway, back on topic...

Babyfood: Rafferty's Garden, very much like Ella's Kitchen but not the same brand. I wonder who copied who... (please don't have a fight about it though)!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKOZ
I check my daughters empty can of aptamil which we brought before coming over here and found that it is manufactured by milupa and i dont think it is available here as i remember checking it with Aptamil online chat days before our departure.I still got the near full can of karicare which i bought 6months ago in the shed.My daughter never liked it.
Yeah, but Milupa is owned by Nutricia now. I read it in a nursing mag (I'm not a health nurse, but trying to work out why all the health nurses have been told to say "don't feed her formula"). Anyway, it's prob. a moot point as the composition might have differed.

I didn't get on with Karicare at all and am finding that bub really likes S26, which is made by the same people who make SMA (and which the UK health nurse told me was the worst formula you could give your kid!!)
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

UKOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Vash
Yeah, but Milupa is owned by Nutricia now. I read it in a nursing mag (I'm not a health nurse, but trying to work out why all the health nurses have been told to say "don't feed her formula"). Anyway, it's prob. a moot point as the composition might have differed.

I didn't get on with Karicare at all and am finding that bub really likes S26, which is made by the same people who make SMA (and which the UK health nurse told me was the worst formula you could give your kid!!)
I think S26 smells yummy than karicare...
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:12 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
We found it in a fair few places when we visited Sydney & Melbourne, but trust me, it's not the same as Galaxy
The sweet shop at the back of the food court in Myers in Sydney sell the real thing, I promise you. Same thing with the Treats from Home shop over the road from Myers. And if you're ever in South Coast, NSW - they sell it in the Berry Sweet Shop too, along with Bisto, Marmite, After Eight Mints, Munchies, Hob Nobs and countless other British brands.

Originally Posted by JenniGee
General consensus from our own Chocolate Consultants, who made it their mission to find a decent Oz chocolate, was that is was gluey & tasteless. Further research from other Consultants resident in the Melbourne area backed up our findings & consequently we had to bring our own supply on our most recent visit!
Wasn't a fan of the Aus galaxy, but the Dove stuff is the real deal - though as has been observed, it's only available in little cubes, not bars.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKOZ
I think S26 smells yummy than karicare...
That's true too. How are you finding the health nurses over here? We have a local child health centre and they let you get on with it and weigh the bub yourself, whereas back home you practically had to hand bub over to them with all the paperwork and get told what to do NannyState style.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Back on topic...

Penny Miller = Betterware catalogue!!!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I think it is Karicare Gold, I emailed the Aptamil company but this was over a year ago and can't remember which it is

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
What's the same brand as Aptamil Growing Up milk? Thanks.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:45 pm
PW1
Forum Regular

PW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

So anyway, can you get Twiglets over there?

P.