Running Club

Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Running Club

Originally Posted by iPom
Bet you can't.

I've lost 63lb and I still have more to go... maybe another 20?

I've spent most of my life in the gym and even at my thinnest (size 12 UK), I was still heavier than most blokes I knew... BIG muscle mass.

I have to keep reminding myself that 6 months ago I couldn't run 1k, never mind 10, so this is good progress. It's easy to get trapped in the 'I'm not doing enough' camp...
That's a really good weight loss... Well done. I've lost 4 stone, which is a mere 52lb.... Reckon I want to go another 2 stone though. According to my BMI, I'm only just under being obese now! Bet you feel so much better for it....

Again, well done with the running. I have been doing it just over a year now, but always walked a fair bit of it. It's only been a couple of months since I could run a complete 5k and now 10k. I am now trying to improve my pace over 5k.

Word of warning, when you get your thingy, you will want to do more to beat what you did last time.... well I do anyway
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmmmmm, and whilst we're here, let's talk about jogger's nipple...

Anyone tape up?

Yeah! There is one vest, that I have now thrown out, that gave me terrible joggers nipple. Noticed it when I did 5k once, but then it seemed to be OK. But when I did my first 10k run to work... bloody sore! It's no joke eh! had scabs on them too

Haven't had the problem with any other vests though ;-)

I only use KM because that's what i started with when I started running. Didn't have a clue when I started, but now I know what a kilometre feels like!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:45 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by medwaymark
That's a really good weight loss... Well done. I've lost 4 stone, which is a mere 52lb....
That's 3 stone 7 actually... 4 stone is 56lb.
You're not far behind me, chuck... keep on going.

Reckon I want to go another 2 stone though. According to my BMI, I'm only just under being obese now! Bet you feel so much better for it....
Oh that obese thing... ridiculous. BMI is stupid without measuring fat with callipers... and a 7 point check, not 3 or 5.
Heck yes I feel much better for it.... Easier to run without 63lb of lard....

Word of warning, when you get your thingy, you will want to do more to beat what you did last time.... well I do anyway
Well good... I need the motivation...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

That's 3 stone 7 actually... 4 stone is 56lb.
You're not far behind me, chuck... keep on going.

Oh that obese thing... ridiculous. BMI is stupid without measuring fat with callipers... and a 7 point check, not 3 or 5.
Heck yes I feel much better for it.... Easier to run without 63lb of lard....

Well good... I need the motivation...
Maths has never been my strong point.... the 4 stone is right. Can you imagine picking up a small child and running with it???

Yeah, I don't pay too much attention to the BMI. My weight has been quite static for a little while, but I am having to buy smaller clothes, so i know the fat is coming off.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Can anyone confirm this.... it's probably a myth, but I heard it once & can't remember where....

When you run in the morning before breakfast, the calories you burn come from your fat, where as a run at any other time of the day uses the calories from food you have consumed first.

Kind of makes sense, but just wondered if it was fact....
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Can you imagine picking up a small child and running with it???
I hadn't put it in quite those terms before... but oh my god!

Whoa!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:29 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Well I thought I was doing well until I (virtually!) met you two..... but I guess it's not a competition. I've lost 3 stone and 1lb (yes the 1lb counts!). I reckon I'd like to lose another stone though still.

And a year ago I couldn't run for toffee (well, maybe if good toffee was on offer I might have had a good go) but now I can run a bit. The furthest I've run is 7.4kms but I reckon I might be able to do 10k if I really tried, or was in an event or something. Am really enjoying it too.

I've got a 'thing' which makes me very tired, and I have to be careful managing that. I was in a wheelchair for a while a few years ago, so now I really appreciate being able to do running and my cycling to work etc. So am pleased with myself to be honest.

Can't say I've ever had joggers nipple though. My Dad used to get it when he ran (he did the London Marathon twice) and has to tape up. It's not a good look when you're wearing a white vest with blood patches over your boobs....
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I've got a 'thing' which makes me very tired, and I have to be careful managing that. I was in a wheelchair for a while a few years ago, so now I really appreciate being able to do running and my cycling to work etc. So am pleased with myself to be honest.
Respect!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:41 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Respect!
thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Hmmmmmm, and whilst we're here, let's talk about jogger's nipple...

Anyone tape up?

It's not just ladies who suffer from that! I got caught in the rain on a 10 miler the other week in a shirt which is fantastic when it's dry, but both nipples were bleeding when I got back. Ouch.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone confirm this.... it's probably a myth, but I heard it once & can't remember where....

When you run in the morning before breakfast, the calories you burn come from your fat, where as a run at any other time of the day uses the calories from food you have consumed first.

Kind of makes sense, but just wondered if it was fact....
Its a myth. It often appears in some mags and such.

You would be better off providing your body with fuel to workout with thus preventing muscle breakdown and a catabolic state.

The effects of your cardio first thing in the morning will however raise your metabolic rate for the day which means that your body will burn more fat.

Body fat reduction is a process of kcal in and kcal out and most importantly of all a diet with correct macronutrient profile and keeping the metabolism running at full speed. Bodybuilders stripping body fat for comp to say 6% will eat 6 times a day with small meal sizes and ensure a diet with say 40% protein, 40% carb and 20% fat. That should be adjusted according to specific goal and activity type.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:36 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

yay!

an online running club

I havnt run for a couple of months, the last 10k I did was the the Edinburgh Bupa (frack it was hard). I got home from that weekend, and had an email from our Perth office offering me a transfer to Oz. Been so busy since, havnt had time for running.

But, we're land in Perth 1st September after 4 days in Singapore, and I plan to pick up running again, when Im not diving.

Is the iPod thingy worth it then?

I could disguise a new pair of running shoes nike+, and pick up the ipod nano in singapore...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Well my Nike kit has arrived. What fun!

Just setting it up.

Considering I did 10k yesterday I am remarkably un-sore... so I will take the kit out for a gentle cruise of a few k later on. The sun is shining here... I think winter is on the way out ... it's actually warm.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
It's not just ladies who suffer from that! I got caught in the rain on a 10 miler the other week in a shirt which is fantastic when it's dry, but both nipples were bleeding when I got back. Ouch.
Ouch!

I just hold everything in place... sport bra and a running top with lycra in it... Nothing moves that much, but will tape for the 14k. Don't want to risk it....
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I love running forums - you always end up discussing things that other people would be completely horrified by as normal fact: ie bleeding nipples -other examples - black toenails (got one of those at the moment), lost toenails and the infamous farmers blow (if you don't know what that is yet, all I'm going to say is - cold weather, sniffy nose, no tissues, you do what you have to do!!!!).

And MM feel free to grin away - although if it's between August 18-Sept 9th, I will be running round Regents Park in circles when you're in Darling Harbour as back to Blighty for the annual visit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.