Running Club

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Running Club

[QUOTE=gillysm;5137062]
Originally Posted by iPom
I go to Athletes Foot usually, but when I was looking for the Nike Plus ready they only had one pair so they sent me to Foot Locker. They seemed to be really knowledgable there too although they don't have the machine for seeing how you run. I'm a mild pronator (is that a real word?) too, I've always been happy with my Asics, tried Ryka once (anyone else used them?) but hated them - they are only for women and supposed to be very good for pronations but they were so "good" they put my knee out and I couldn't run for a year!
Judging by your avatar the fitness training is working wonders, but I'd lay off the steroids if I were you!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:20 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jensen Healey;5137909]
Originally Posted by gillysm
Judging by your avatar the fitness training is working wonders, but I'd lay off the steroids if I were you!

Where's she gone? Ipom have you waisted away

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:08 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!
was wondering if I could join in?

went jogging tonight for the first time in years,

managed to do 3 miles but with several stoppages, but felt good to out again.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
Hello!
was wondering if I could join in?

went jogging tonight for the first time in years,

managed to do 3 miles but with several stoppages, but felt good to out again.
That's fantastic- well done!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:06 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha sounds good. Might be knacked after running up those steps though
Run to the end of your street, up those steps and I'll meet you! I run at a snails pace so you'll be fine.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

so here's my dilemma
i've been out of action for 2 weeks, only 1 left till the c2s
doc suspects kidney stones, got a CT scan booked on Monday so i should know midweek for definite

i mentioned to the doc that i was running, but forgot to get a definite answer on whether i should do the race
i'm kind of thinking that any dehydration might be bad, but does anyone know if it's ok to run with them?
tia
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Jensen Healey;5137909]
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:01 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedge
so here's my dilemma
i've been out of action for 2 weeks, only 1 left till the c2s
doc suspects kidney stones, got a CT scan booked on Monday so i should know midweek for definite

i mentioned to the doc that i was running, but forgot to get a definite answer on whether i should do the race
i'm kind of thinking that any dehydration might be bad, but does anyone know if it's ok to run with them?
tia

How on earth did you get KS?! Young strapping lad like you.

Gedge, in all seriousness, you should not run with any sort of illness, esp this close.
ODoc probably knows more but even the paperwork says not to run if you've been ill 2 weeks before.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:10 am

How on earth did you get KS?! Young strapping lad like you.

Gedge, in all seriousness, you should not run with any sort of illness, esp this close.
ODoc probably knows more but even the paperwork says not to run if you've been ill 2 weeks before.
er dunno
it's not exactly an illness is it?
i've put in the mileage for this run, i don't want it to go to waste

from the NHS Direct website...
About 3 in 20 men and 1 in 20 women in the UK will develop a kidney stone at some point in their lifetime. Kidney stones are most likely to occur in those aged 20-40.
...but no advice on running

Last edited by gedge; Aug 3rd 2007 at 7:30 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:35 am
Account Closed

er dunno
it's not exactly an illness is it?
i've put in the mileage for this run, i don't want it to go to waste

from the NHS Direct website...

...but no advice on running
http://www.ultrunr.com/kidney.html

I googled
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm

yeah i did same and came up with that one
trouble is i ain't an ultra marathon runner
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:38 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i did same and came up with that one
trouble is i ain't an ultra marathon runner
Hi gedge
Me being me,I'd still go for it

But to be on the save side as it's you.Why not get someone in the UK to ring the NHS hotline(or what ever it's called)and double check
or go and find a professional on the nurse forum.

p.s I will get around to answering your Pm.Lor
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

If I see you passed out on the side of the route, I promise I'll stop and help you.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:25 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

If I see you passed out on the side of the route, I promise I'll stop and help you.

But your still to invisible for that
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lor

But your still to invisible for that
Then he won't recognize his mystery helper, will he?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.