Running Club

Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Running Club

Because we keep hijacking other threads, we thought it might be an idea to start one specifically for running.... I have personally found the support that I have got from BE members to be second to none

So welcome to our virtual running club... everyone is welcome... all abilities catered for...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:54 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Great idea Mark - I felt bad that we were hijacking the city to surf thread (especially as we can't take part in it - bit far away).

So, how are you getting on with you iPod thing? Are you nervous about your run on Sunday?

I went out for a run at lunchtime - down the Mall, around Green Park a bit, around St James' Park a bit and back to the office. 35 mins and according to my iPod thingy 5.88kms. Really enjoyed it. Felt all refreshed when I got back (but kind of feel like having a nap at my desk now....)
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Great idea Mark - I felt bad that we were hijacking the city to surf thread (especially as we can't take part in it - bit far away).

So, how are you getting on with you iPod thing? Are you nervous about your run on Sunday?

I went out for a run at lunchtime - down the Mall, around Green Park a bit, around St James' Park a bit and back to the office. 35 mins and according to my iPod thingy 5.88kms. Really enjoyed it. Felt all refreshed when I got back (but kind of feel like having a nap at my desk now....)
Hi Scuba.... thanks for joining up

I love my ipod thingy.. Did a run at lunchtime with it (first proper run) and liked the updates she gives you on the way. Could have a sexier voice, but hey, you can't have everything

Not really nervous about Sunday yet. Will be on the day when there are loads of young fit kids around... I'll just plod round at my own pace (I hope).

My run at lunchtime was just 3.65kms. Didn't want to push it cos of my knee. Was warm and muggy. The river was at high tide which makes it look much better than looking at the mud. I'll have to post some pictures one day...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:11 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

this might be silly but - what is the Ipod thingy! I do a 'little' bit of running - mainly when my girlfriend drage me out on her daily jogs!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

me me me! Mark has just pointed me in this direction - ~I've only just started running again since having baby no. 3 in November........dont know what things are in kms but did 2.5 miles on Wednesday night and going out again tonight with my running partner (wouldnt do it otherwise).

What is this ipod thingy? I have to measure out how far I have run on www.gmap-pedometer.com
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:14 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Hi Scuba.... thanks for joining up

I love my ipod thingy.. Did a run at lunchtime with it (first proper run) and liked the updates she gives you on the way. Could have a sexier voice, but hey, you can't have everything

Not really nervous about Sunday yet. Will be on the day when there are loads of young fit kids around... I'll just plod round at my own pace (I hope).

My run at lunchtime was just 3.65kms. Didn't want to push it cos of my knee. Was warm and muggy. The river was at high tide which makes it look much better than looking at the mud. I'll have to post some pictures one day...
I like the updates the lady gives you as well. I think you can change it to different voices if you want (male or female, different accents) but I haven't been bothered to find out how . She keeps me going when I feel like I can't run one more step, and she says 5 minutes remaining, and I think I must be able to manage just 5 more minutes....

It was definitely warm out today. Wonder how we'll hope running in Oz if we think this is hot! I guess lunchtime runs wouldn't be a good idea!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hope this link works....

Ipod Thingy
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:18 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the link worked fine!!

thats looks awesome!!

Maybe it might even motivate me to run more often!!!

...or at the very least it will keep my girlfriend out of my hair for a bit!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

One part goes in or on your shoe and the other part plugs in to your ipod. It keeps you up to date with your running and tells you how far and how fast you have run. When you then connect your Ipod to your PC, it updates the Nike+ website with your runs and you get all kinds of graphs etc...

I like it, but then I'm a geek!

Wish I had shares in this thing lol

My wife was "what do you want that for!", but now she wants one lol
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:20 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by RachelH
me me me! Mark has just pointed me in this direction - ~I've only just started running again since having baby no. 3 in November........dont know what things are in kms but did 2.5 miles on Wednesday night and going out again tonight with my running partner (wouldnt do it otherwise).

What is this ipod thingy? I have to measure out how far I have run on www.gmap-pedometer.com
Welcome Rachel! I'm relatively new to this running lark - since I've lost some weight (over the last 12 months I guess). Didn't used to be able to run at all, so I'm pleased now I can do a bit.

The iPod thingy is something you plug into your iPod and you have another gadget that clips onto your trainer and it tells you how far you go, average speed etc, and you can download all the info onto your computer afterwards and it shows you a graph of your run etc. It's quite interesting. There's a link to it on the city to surf thread if you want to see (or I'll post it in here if you're interested). (oh, seems mark has already done it! well done Mark)

Last edited by Scubaemma; Jul 13th 2007 at 2:22 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:21 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by medwaymark

I like it, but then I'm a geek!
Guess I am a geek too then
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Welcome Rachel! I'm relatively new to this running lark - since I've lost some weight (over the last 12 months I guess). Didn't used to be able to run at all, so I'm pleased now I can do a bit.

The iPod thingy is something you plug into your iPod and you have another gadget that clips onto your trainer and it tells you how far you go, average speed etc, and you can download all the info onto your computer afterwards and it shows you a graph of your run etc. It's quite interesting. There's a link to it on the city to surf thread if you want to see (or I'll post it in here if you're interested). (oh, seems mark has already done it! well done Mark)
You know its me dont you.......of spouse visa circle and FAcebook!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:28 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

You know its me dont you.......of spouse visa circle and FAcebook!
Of course I do! Of spouse visa circle and Facebook fame....
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes I am known far and wide, dont you know!

But not for my running skills ha ha
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:32 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

yes I am known far and wide, dont you know!

But not for my running skills ha ha
Yet....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.