Running Club

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
I'd pay to see that!
Yeah how much?? Enough to buy me a Camel pak,so that I can clap with both hands.

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:12 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
Same here!!

Do you sing as you go though?? I always have a little boogie and sing along when Scissor sisters "I don't feel like dancing comes on".
You're not running hard enough if you can still sing and boogie....
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lor
Yeah how much?? Enough to buy me a Camel pak,so that I can clap with both hands.

Let me think, er, no!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I cycle to work every day (about 5 miles each way I think). And I go to this British Military Fitness thing, which means lots of running around the Common and doing sit-ups and planking etc. It's good fun and the reason I'm doing it is to get a bit more varied exercise. I realised I was doing my cycling and running, but it was just the same things over and over, and I wanted to mix it up a bit. And doing this boot camp thing definitely does that. I would never be able to make myself plank that long, or do that many squats if there wasn't an army man in camoflage gear telling me to....

Plank?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
I'd pay to see that!
I'll do it for free for you...
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lor
Same here!!

Do you sing as you go though?? I always have a little boogie and sing along when Scissor sisters "I don't feel like dancing comes on".
Have been listening to the scissor sisters as it happens... Love their whacky (and down right disgusting) lyrics. Haven't knowingly sung along to them, have enough problems breathing as it is. Would probably get arrested too
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:01 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Plank?
Yeah, holding a press up position (but on your forearms rather than straight arms). Doesn't sound hard, but aftera few seconds it's a killer. Makes me really shake. It's meant to be really good for your core muscles and works everywhere - arms, legs, back, tummy.... You have to keep your bum down though (flat back sort of thing), not point it into the air to try and stop your muscles aching!

Last night we had to hold a plank for 30 seconds, then without putting knees on the floor or anything, push up into a press-up position and hold that for 30 seconds, then back down to the plank for 30 seconds. It killed. But feels good afterwards when you can feel that ache all over like I can this morning (in a good way).
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, holding a press up position (but on your forearms rather than straight arms). Doesn't sound hard, but aftera few seconds it's a killer. Makes me really shake. It's meant to be really good for your core muscles and works everywhere - arms, legs, back, tummy.... You have to keep your bum down though (flat back sort of thing), not point it into the air to try and stop your muscles aching!

Last night we had to hold a plank for 30 seconds, then without putting knees on the floor or anything, push up into a press-up position and hold that for 30 seconds, then back down to the plank for 30 seconds. It killed. But feels good afterwards when you can feel that ache all over like I can this morning (in a good way).
Ok, I know this... but it wasn't called planking back then...

Ouch.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fab!

Im just in from a little run today...just 35 mins, but better than nothing.

Think that I'm going to look into the ipod thingy this weekend - thanks for the info iPom
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

I'm taking it easy today... done my 14 k's for this week and will probably do another long one on Sat or Sunday. My thigh muscles really ache.

Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:03 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=iPom;5110836]I'm taking it easy today... done my 14 k's for this week and will probably do another long one on Sat or Sunday. My thigh muscles really ache.[/QUOTE

Ouch,It sounds like your in need of the break!

After being inspired by yesterdays post's I really went for it today and managed a half hour run and an hour long non stop swim.

Although I've probably just undone all my heard work,as I've just eat three Timtams and a couple of crunchie Freddo's.

But hay never mind I shouldwell tonight!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=lor;5111299]
I'm taking it easy today... done my 14 k's for this week and will probably do another long one on Sat or Sunday. My thigh muscles really ache.[/QUOTE

Ouch,It sounds like your in need of the break!

After being inspired by yesterdays post's I really went for it today and managed a half hour run and an hour long non stop swim.

Although I've probably just undone all my heard work,as I've just eat three Timtams and a couple of crunchie Freddo's.

But hay never mind I shouldwell tonight!
Hey just found this thread - great idea.

Currently at a bit of a stalemate with my running - bought a treadmill at Easter (as I kept missing my run as I got home from work when it was dark) and have been using it 5 days a week. I'm only doing 30mins interval training 3 days and 20 min run twice a week. I need to up it, but can't seem to find the motivation. Maybe I should go back to running on the roads and get myself kitted out with an ipod thingy and the Nikes (need new runners anyway). Always loved my Asics but read another post where someone has converted and liked the Nikes!

Have done Bridge to Brisbane and used to run minimum 5ks 3 times a week and often a 10k at the weekend. I hope this thread is going to motivate me!

Thanks for listening - off to pysche (?) myself up to do better tonite...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gillysm;5111334]
Originally Posted by lor
Hey just found this thread - great idea.

Excellent - let us know tomorrow as to how you went!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gillysm
Have done Bridge to Brisbane and used to run minimum 5ks 3 times a week and often a 10k at the weekend. I hope this thread is going to motivate me!

Hi Gilly... You're right... it can take a lot to psyche yourself up - I know that feeling well.

You seem to be keeping your hand in, though... Why not add another 5 mins onto your run, or another 10?
Increase it every time you go out?

Might help make a difference.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

I'll do it for free for you...
I bet you say that to all the boys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.