Wikiposts

Room 101

Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:34 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Id like to put the following to the Oracle for consideration:

Sods Law - I am fed up with it. I hate it.
Traffic lights change when I am in a rush.

The bubs nappy leaks poo all over my suit just as I am about to go to work.
Someone else posts a witty response to a thread that I was about to use.

Adverts for Womans Day (et al)
Really, do I care that Brad was caught shagging a hamster by Angelina, or that some reality tv "star" has toe cheese or whatever. NO I DO NOT (in case you were wondering!).

Dodgy Parking

People who park badly in shopping centre car parks. Offenses can range from taking up two spaces with one car, parking right up to one side of the space so you cannot park next to them and actually get out of the car. The sods who think that because there are no spaces left it is ok to park at the end of a row, making the roadway that much narrower and forcing you to do a 3 point turn just to get round the corner.

Oh, and maybe most importantly, people who park in disabled or child places when they blatantly shouldn't. epitomising the "I'm alright Jack - everyone else can go to hell" attitude.

Phew - Thats me done!

Last edited by stevemich; Sep 12th 2006 at 2:08 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
Id like to put the following in:

Really, do I care that Brad was caught shagging a hamster by Angelina, or that some reality tv "star" has toe cheese or whatever. NO I DO NOT (in case you were wondering!).

Dodgy Parking
People who park badly in shopping centre car parks. Offenses can range from taking up two spaces with one car, parking right up to one side of the space so you cannot park next to them and actually get out of the car. The sods who think that because there are no spaces left it is ok to park at the end of a row, making the roadway that much narrower and forcing you to do a 3 point turn round the corner.
Oh, and maybe most importantly, people who park in disabled or child places when they blatantly shouldn't.
Thats me done!
With you on the dodgy parking. Never noticed the Woman's Day one - got my adblocker on when watching tv. Sods law will never get in - what else would you have to blame when things go wrong - yourself?? Oh no, can't have that
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:53 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Geordie George
C, you nede to thro abuse of grammar ('cept when people are pished ) into room 101. I don't ask for much, but this time I implore you. Really.
it's a pet hate of mine, as is people who can't count
would you like a full stop at the end of that?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe He Will Consider Your Request More Favourably If You Start Each Word With A Capital Letter?
no he won't
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:54 pm

Gedge has started to talk of himself with capitals?! I think this is a worrying development. He shouldn't take Himself too seriously.
have i?
of course if you are referring to Him then capitals are a must
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:08 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
it's a pet hate of mine, as is people who can't count
would you like a full stop at the end of that?

I have now fully (more or less) regained control of my spelling and punctuation faculties.

Even the hangover's starting to go.

How's you?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
Ok after careful consideration here are my 3:

1. People that are cruel to animals

2. Ronald McDonald cos he scares the shit outta me

3. Spam because it is bloody obnoxious
1) Animal cruelty is so wrong. It's an abuse of the highest order. It has no place in society nor do those who do it. We'll stuff them in a little cage and poke them with sticks.
Animal abusers are in.

2) Yes, yes, yes. I already dealt with his "restaurants". I have to admit that I have purchased a "Happy Meal" (note I didn't say that I consumed it). But whilst I was there, in a slightly less than sober state, I happened upon Mr McDonald, or DoRonRon as we called him. He was sat upon a bench looking all jolly with his arm casually slung out like a friednly fellow. But I could see he wasn't all pure and innocent, there was something about him that told me he was waiting, anticipating, choosing his next victim.
Ronald McDonald is in.

3) Spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam. It's great with eggs, bacon and sausages. Nothing wrong it it at all. Get yourself a spam blocker thingy.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by DebraH
(referring to chelsea tractor drivers)

so sorry your highness i coudn't be bothered to read every single post and i was struggling to think of something
yadda yadda no excuse
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
Please Gedge put the one and only thing I despise into room 101??????

My ex hubby - I have zillions of reasons - but not to be too specific - He would fit right in with the other occupants of room 101 - in fact they would probably hold their own room 101 and expel him to there instead
he married you once, can't be all that bad can he?
let me see 1, ... nope it doesn't add up
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:22 pm

I have now fully (more or less) regained control of my spelling and punctuation faculties.

Even the hangover's starting to go.

How's you?
i saw you involved in some drunken debauchery last night
feeling slightly worse for wear today?

yeah i'm good, slightly frazzled round the edges too but for a different reason still involving bottles
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:26 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

My 3, for what it's worth.

1. People who deface/vandalise books and magazines in public libraries. Our local one here is the worst for it I have ever seen.

2. Sheep-people who can't think for themselves and follow the crowd, or follow a chosen leader.

3. All of the "bullsh*t" industries : Estate Agencies, Recruitment Consultancies, Sales, Politics etc.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Here is my three... i havent read all the thread so i dunno if these have been covered before, but....

1. Men who wear white socks with black shoes and black pants/trousers
reason: cause its just wrong

2. People who sit in the outside lane and are UNDER the speed limit
reason: they have no frickin need to be there and it just pisses people off

3. Jehovahs Witnesses coming to my door
reason: cause i cant stand them, i dont want people forcing there religious beliefs upon me, if i was interested, i would go to them and ask, and they always come when your in the middle of doing something, like making dinner or just out the shower, hair drippin wet etc etc
1) If you had taken the time to read a few other submissions you would have seen that fashion statements are no cause for concern. It's great entertainment for us to poke fun at the victims so they can continue to wear any colour socks they like including those flourescent ones that were all the rage when i was a lad.

2) Yeah, don't you just hate them. Here's what to do, toot your horn, flash your lights, shake your fist then if that doesn;t work, overtake them on the inside and give them a friendly finger wave as you pass. Works all the time for the hoons passing me by.

3) Tedious aren't they? A bit like having people ask you the same question over again.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:28 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
i saw you involved in some drunken debauchery last night
feeling slightly worse for wear today?

yeah i'm good, slightly frazzled round the edges too but for a different reason still involving bottles

Having had less than five hours sleep (and being someone who averages about 9 a night usually), I feel suprisingly well. Now that the headache and the shaking has stopped.

I was going to ask how Noah's going? And how J's doing?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by stevemich
Id like to put the following to the Oracle for consideration:

Dodgy Parking

People who park badly in shopping centre car parks. Offenses can range from taking up two spaces with one car, parking right up to one side of the space so you cannot park next to them and actually get out of the car. The sods who think that because there are no spaces left it is ok to park at the end of a row, making the roadway that much narrower and forcing you to do a 3 point turn just to get round the corner.

Oh, and maybe most importantly, people who park in disabled or child places when they blatantly shouldn't. epitomising the "I'm alright Jack - everyone else can go to hell" attitude.

Phew - Thats me done!
1) Shit happens.

2) Being a bloke, like your good self, I fail to see what is so interesting about the life of someone I'm never likely to meet. But if it's keeps the women folk happy, who are we to judge? It's the same with tabloids. They're only there because people like to have something intersteing to talk about whilst they're getting their hair cut.

3) Didn't we already do something on parking? Oh that was herrchook with one more issue than was necessary. She almost caught me out as I remember starting to type a response before I realised and then deleted what I had typed. Anyway the point in hand is that there are quite clearly marked parking bays and signs indicating who can park there. If people can't follow simple things like this then they should be named and shamed.
Parking pillocks are in.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:44 pm

Having had less than five hours sleep (and being someone who averages about 9 a night usually), I feel suprisingly well. Now that the headache and the shaking has stopped.

I was going to ask how Noah's going? And how J's doing?
5 hours? that's a luxuryzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the boy is doing good, although his waking/sleeping/eating/crying patterns (or lack of) are taking their toll on his mum

we're got our citizenship ceremony tomorrow, so I've got the day off, hoping for a lie in and maybe a chance to enjoy a glass of something fruity in the afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.