Rolf Harris

Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
so then it is ok to judge other cultures by your own standards
The age of consent has been much lower in our own history. It is usually raised where people live longer, become more educated and women's rights achieve more importance. I don't think that it's desirable that 13-year-olds should marry, but I also don't think it's the cataclysmic disaster you are implying. Where it is the norm, the participants may well be happy with it themselves.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The age of consent has been much lower in our own history. It is usually raised where people live longer, become more educated and women's rights achieve more importance. I don't think that it's desirable that 13-year-olds should marry, but I also don't think it's the cataclysmic disaster you are implying. Where it is the norm, the participants may well be happy with it themselves.
I pretty much said that earlier, and I acknowledged that it was a different era. However, we're in the 21st century, and to say that 13 year olds marrying is undesireable, not unacceptable is plain wrong.

I personally think our culture has got it right, wrt what we find acceptable, but I think the boundaries should not be pushed anymore.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
In Austria, Italy and Germany the age of consent is 14; in Sweden, France and Denmark it is 15 – and Spain recently raised its age of consent from 13 to 16. Meanwhile in Turkey and Malta, teenagers have to wait until they are 18 for sex to be legal.
Man Knows Unsettling Amount About Nationwide Age-Of-Consent Laws

"HAGERSTOWN, MD–During a conversation at work last Friday, drill-press operator Pete Cromartie revealed a disturbing familiarity with various states' age-of-consent laws. "I mentioned to Pete that I'd be visiting family in Pennsylvania over the weekend, and he says, 'You oughta pick up some chicks there, 'cause they only gotta be 16,'" coworker Geoff Richardson said. "Then he says, 'South Carolina's the best: 15.' I mean, that's seriously creepy." Richardson said he later heard Cromartie talk about a bill pending in the Hawaii legislature that would lower the state's age of consent to 13"

Man Knows Unsettling Amount About Nationwide Age-Of-Consent Laws | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Man Knows Unsettling Amount About Nationwide Age-Of-Consent Laws

"HAGERSTOWN, MD–During a conversation at work last Friday, drill-press operator Pete Cromartie revealed a disturbing familiarity with various states' age-of-consent laws. "I mentioned to Pete that I'd be visiting family in Pennsylvania over the weekend, and he says, 'You oughta pick up some chicks there, 'cause they only gotta be 16,'" coworker Geoff Richardson said. "Then he says, 'South Carolina's the best: 15.' I mean, that's seriously creepy." Richardson said he later heard Cromartie talk about a bill pending in the Hawaii legislature that would lower the state's age of consent to 13"

Man Knows Unsettling Amount About Nationwide Age-Of-Consent Laws | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
You're a card Renth
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
These men are being tried in the UK where the age of coillegal is 16, so the age of consent in Spain is irrelevant.

Yes, it's a thorny subject but it is sif theill possible to use common sense.

It's highly unlikely that a 17 year old boy would be prosecuted for having sex with a 15 year old girl.
Make that a 40 year old man, and it's likely he would be charged.

Grown men should not be having sex with / or groping teenage girls.
A 17 year old boy would be prosecuted for having sex with a 15 year old. Its illegal.. As for a 40 year old man with a 17 year old. Why would he be charged? No law broken there if the age of consent is 16.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So legally in Oz and UK 16 is the age. Some would, including myself, that for many women this is too young. In Spain 13 is the age. Is this a kid? For the Spanish its not. Village in India? Your moral view point and mine has no baring on world wide rules for age of consent.
It should be changed to at least 18
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
A 17 year old boy would be prosecuted for having sex with a 15 year old. Its illegal.. As for a 40 year old man with a 17 year old. Why would he be charged? No law broken there if the age of consent is 16.
Try reading Kapris post again, she said nothing about 40 year olds sleeping with 17 year olds. But you're right that wouldn't be illegal, just immoral
Old Jul 5th 2014, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to know myself, I have never wished harm on anyone that wasn't a paeophile, it is utterly unforgiveable

Yes it is utterly unforgivable.

How any civilised, decent human being would want to protect them, would be OK with the knowledge that they will eventually walk free to recommit after just a few years baffles me. I just cannot begin to understand this thought process.

I find it exceptionally difficult to digest that there are a lot of people in a supposed civilised society, like Britain for example, that want to protect and want to give anonymity to these revolting species.

The pain the victims, their family and friends suffer after the incident is horrendous, I can only imagine. But to be then told that he ( or she ) will be walking in the streets in just a few years is an absolute insult, a mockery to any kind of justice system that should be in place.

Given the chance they always re-offend, because apparently it's a 'mental condition' but yet there's no cure.
They deserve to die for their crimes. They deserve to never be among normally society again.
Children should come first always. But why aren't they? It makes me so angry.

The Ian Watkins case was the only one that I'm really aware of where some kind of justice was done, 35 years he got. I have to say that case was truly sickening and I never read about all of it, as I just couldn't. But I read enough.

At the end of the day a paedophile is a paedophile and they all have the same 'goal' they should all be dealt the same consequence.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:17 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I was having a clear-out of my walk in wardrobe this weekend as we are decorating and found a 1970's boxed Rolf Harris Stylophone.

Do you think it might be worth more or less after this verdict? I might put it on eBay.
Just the fact that you have a "walk in" "drobe" makes it priceless!!
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The age of consent should be based on science and experience, not culture.

I think 14 is right but that does not mean if that person is not ready then they should be considering it.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:27 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666

I think 14 is right but that does not mean if that person is not ready then they should be considering it.
I disagree. Even 16 as it currently is it seems too young. 18 is a better age - if only to protect the young from older predators while also giving them time to mature among their own age group. Young people need the extra protection at least until they leave school - which increasingly these days is 18.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yes it is utterly unforgivable.

How any civilised, decent human being would want to protect them, would be OK with the knowledge that they will eventually walk free to recommit after just a few years baffles me. I just cannot begin to understand this thought process.

I find it exceptionally difficult to digest that there are a lot of people in a supposed civilised society, like Britain for example, that want to protect and want to give anonymity to these revolting species.

The pain the victims, their family and friends suffer after the incident is horrendous, I can only imagine. But to be then told that he ( or she ) will be walking in the streets in just a few years is an absolute insult, a mockery to any kind of justice system that should be in place.

Given the chance they always re-offend, because apparently it's a 'mental condition' but yet there's no cure.
They deserve to die for their crimes. They deserve to never be among normally society again.
Children should come first always. But why aren't they? It makes me so angry.

The Ian Watkins case was the only one that I'm really aware of where some kind of justice was done, 35 years he got. I have to say that case was truly sickening and I never read about all of it, as I just couldn't. But I read enough.

At the end of the day a paedophile is a paedophile and they all have the same 'goal' they should all be dealt the same consequence.
abso bloody lutely, well said
Old Jul 5th 2014, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666

I'm guessing your kids are either grown up and left home, or non existent.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 5th 2014 at 10:03 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Try reading Kapris post again, she said nothing about 40 year olds sleeping with 17 year olds. But you're right that wouldn't be illegal, just immoral
Right you are. 40 and 15. What about a 55 year old fella and 20 year old girl. Immoral or just good luck to him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.