Rolf Harris

Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by Kapri
I find some of the views on here very sad.

Let's think about some things.

Just because it's legal to marry a 12 year old in "very few" places, doesn't make it right. Teenage bodies are getting ready to bear children, but it's very risky up until age 17 ish.

Teenage girls are just discovering their sexuality. They will try it out. This shouldn't be manipulated by unscrupulous older men.
Yes, some teens are precocious, they need to be protected, not used.

No child under the age of 14 should ever be considered asking for it in any way, shape or form.
So what should it be 14 or 17? Again this is another reason why this whole thing of older men having an attraction for young girls is a bit of a farce in my opinion. As you say, a girl hitting puberty at 13 yet may no be ready until 17. I'd even push this out to 19 just to be sure. Yet the law is set at 16. And you are still going to have older men that have desires for young women and the line between appareance age, maturity age, and actual age is so blurry.

I dare say there will be many more of the Rolf Harris cases to come.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So what should it be 14 or 17? Again this is another reason why this whole thing of older men having an attraction for young girls is a bit of a farce in my opinion. As you say, a girl hitting puberty at 13 yet may no be ready until 17. I'd even push this out to 19 just to be sure. Yet the law is set at 16. And you are still going to have older men that have desires for young women and the line between appareance age, maturity age, and actual age is so blurry.

I dare say there will be many more of the Rolf Harris cases to come.
I really don't understand what you're saying. An adult should be expected to apply common sense. If a girl is much younger, it would make perfect sense to check what age they are before getting involved in anyway. In fact, a better idea is to leave well alone. 16 is probably about right. I can't see it making sense for a 20 year old to go to prison for having sex with his soon to be 19 year old girlfriend.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I really don't understand what you're saying. An adult should be expected to apply common sense. If a girl is much younger, it would make perfect sense to check what age they are before getting involved in anyway. In fact, a better idea is to leave well alone. 16 is probably about right. I can't see it making sense for a 20 year old to go to prison for having sex with his soon to be 19 year old girlfriend.
Again very vague ..... that's the problem. You want to apply common sense to all. Perhaps they should apply a rule. You can't have sexual relations with anyone who is half you age, multiplied by 1.8, divided by 0.6 to the power of 2.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Again very vague ..... that's the problem. You want to apply common sense to all. Perhaps they should apply a rule. You can't have sexual relations with anyone who is half you age, multiplied by 1.8, divided by 0.6 to the power of 2.
Well no. We're talking about protecting kids. Sexual assault on an adult in a different crime. Kids need more protection.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Well no. We're talking about protecting kids. Sexual assault on an adult in a different crime. Kids need more protection.
So legally in Oz and UK 16 is the age. Some would, including myself, that for many women this is too young. In Spain 13 is the age. Is this a kid? For the Spanish its not. Village in India? Your moral view point and mine has no baring on world wide rules for age of consent.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

So legally in Oz and UK 16 is the age. Some would, including myself, that for many women this is too young. In Spain 13 is the age. Is this a kid? For the Spanish its not. Village in India? Your moral view point and mine has no baring on world wide rules for age of consent.
So because it's 'in their culture' they're not animals?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
So because it's 'in their culture' they're not animals?
No they are not, your the Animal with your prejudice views. Your culture differs, why can you not understand that ?

You cant have everything your own way otherwise you would be a tyrant !
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:55 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

These men are being tried in the UK where the age of consent is 16, so the age of consent in Spain is irrelevant.

Yes, it's a thorny subject but it is still possible to use common sense.

It's highly unlikely that a 17 year old boy would be prosecuted for having sex with a 15 year old girl.
Make that a 40 year old man, and it's likely he would be charged.

Grown men should not be having sex with / or groping teenage girls.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666
No they are not, your the Animal with your prejudice views. Your culture differs, why can you not understand that ?

You cant have everything your own way otherwise you would be a tyrant !
I've written and deleted 4 replies so far, I'm gobsmacked by an attitude like this, so you're saying that what he did wasn't actually wrong, it just happens to be illegal in th UK. I'm the animal am I? gold

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 5th 2014 at 12:07 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My dentist's receptionist is Iranian, she was telling me her mum and dad have been happily married since they were both 13.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My dentist's receptionist is Iranian, she was telling me her mum and dad have been happily married since they were both 13.
So it wasn't arranged for them by adults then?
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

So it wasn't arranged for them by adults then?
Presumably it was.

I think there is a certain amount of danger in getting so worked up about this issue that whole cultures are written off as depraved though.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Presumably it was.

I think there is a certain amount of danger in getting so worked up about this issue that whole cultures are written off as depraved though.
nowhere near as much danger as accepting it, just as a side track, how do you feel about female circumsision? Is it barbaric full stop, or only when it's practised in your country?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 5th 2014 at 12:38 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nowhere near as much danger as accepting it, just as a side track, how do you feel about female circumsision? Is it barbaric full stop, or only when it's practised in your country?
I think all circumcision is barbaric.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:55 am
Account Closed

I think all circumcision is barbaric.
so then it is ok to judge other cultures by your own standards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.