Rolf Harris

Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Anyway, what I'd like to discuss is the insufferable charges that paedophiles often get.

Please someone enlighten me, why is it bank robbers get longer sentences than paedophiles? Where is the justice there?
I would love to know myself, I have never wished harm on anyone that wasn't a paeophile, it is utterly unforgiveable
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
5 years 9 months- that is less than 6 months for each assault.
This is the exact thing that baffles me with peoadof....... however you spell it. I really don't think society has its head around it in the western world. Even worse that have no idea how to deal with what seems like a common disease. Too many famous people done for it. If these girls have been dealing with it for so long, 6 months per girl hardly seems to fit the crime. I just don't get the whole subject.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Anyway, what I'd like to discuss is the insufferable charges that paedophiles often get.

Please someone enlighten me, why is it bank robbers get longer sentences than paedophiles? Where is the justice there?
We don't really see bank robbers these days but a mate of mine or whatever yesterday got ten years

BBC News - Jail for gang who conned Clacton and Colchester pensioners out of £1m

For me what he did as we have known he has done this all his life and second conviction for the same is utterly despicable, he can handle himself but I hope he gets a beating inside, not sure if you can view BBC Content but basically he ripped off grannies for big money, and probably stashed a lot of it.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I personally think Rol'f sentence is a little excessive,
I think it was ludicrously light, he should die in prison

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 4th 2014 at 1:58 pm. Reason: fixing the quotes
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1

I think it was ludicrously light, he should die in prison
Everyone is entitled to their opinion

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 4th 2014 at 1:59 pm. Reason: fixing the quotes
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666

Everyone is entitled to their opinion
did I say otherwise?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 4th 2014 at 1:59 pm. Reason: fixing the quotes
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

excuse my language but that is an utter ****ing insult
Apparently the sentence must be based on sentencing that was in effect at the time of the crime, one of the reasons that the initial Stuart Hall sentence was deemed too low, the sentence may well be appealed and a longer sentence asked for, mind you with the latest investigations, they may well be charging him with further counts.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Apparently the sentence must be based on sentencing that was in effect at the time of the crime, one of the reasons that the initial Stuart Hall sentence was deemed too low, the sentence may well be appealed and a longer sentence asked for, mind you with the latest investigations, they may well be charging him with further counts.
The problem is he would never have been sentenced at the time, like many others they would have just got away with it, up til now that is.

You would need to look back through the newspapers to see if those kind of crimes were sentenced and if so what they was, my belief most were dealt with by the father using their fists.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:44 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I find some of the views on here very sad.

Let's think about some things.

Just because it's legal to marry a 12 year old in "very few" places, doesn't make it right. Teenage bodies are getting ready to bear children, but it's very risky up until age 17 ish.

Teenage girls are just discovering their sexuality. They will try it out. This shouldn't be manipulated by unscrupulous older men.
Yes, some teens are precocious, they need to be protected, not used.

No child under the age of 14 should ever be considered asking for it in any way, shape or form.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kapri
I find some of the views on here very sad.

Let's think about some things.

Just because it's legal to marry a 12 year old in "very few" places, doesn't make it right. Teenage bodies are getting ready to bear children, but it's very risky up until age 17 ish.

Teenage girls are just discovering their sexuality. They will try it out. This shouldn't be manipulated by unscrupulous older men.
Yes, some teens are precocious, they need to be protected, not used.

No child under the age of 14 should ever be considered asking for it in any way, shape or form.
amen but I still have a problem with the 14 bit

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 4th 2014 at 1:51 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:53 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

amen but I still have a problem with the 14 bit
Don't misunderstand me Steve.

In the 14 plus age group there are some damaged people, precocious teens, naive teens. I don't think they should be taken advantage of. I feel strongly about it.
But, I can understand how someone may use their behaviour as a (poor) defence.
There may be behaviour that people consider "asking for it"
I don't agree with this defence but then I've counselled lots of young people and can clearly see how girls end up in situations that they later regret.

It's largely irrelevant anyway for Harris. It looks like he was a well known octopus whose advances weren't welcome.

Last edited by Kapri; Jul 4th 2014 at 1:56 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Rolf got what he deserved here.

However the law does not seem balanced. There was that case of the female teacher in who had sex with one of her students Somerset teacher walks free from court after pleading guilty to four sex charges relating to pupil | Western Gazette

BBC News - Teacher Kelly Burgess sentenced for pupil sex

The abuse might have been after the age of consent here but there is no doubt she abused a position of trust and took advantage of the situation.

Then there was the female teacher in the USA a few years back who piled boys with alcohol and abused them who also walked free.

I wonder how many boys out there don't speak out about such things as it might be considered they were the ones at fault.

Last edited by Jon77; Jul 4th 2014 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:58 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I not only have an open mind, I also have kids. All I'm getting from this is that if I took my (for instance) 13 year old daughter to Outer Mongolia and a 40 year old man wanted to shag her I should accept it as part of their culture. I would rather be a preacher than accept this shit as a part of life
That's the very reason my uncle brought his family home from a very lucrative contract in the Middle East. My cousin was 11 & had started puberty & instantly received unwanted attention from older men. Legal in the country but wrong to many Europeans.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
5 years 9 months- that is less than 6 months for each assault.
Apparently Rolf's Lawyer stated he would have been happy with anything under 16.

I have not followed the details but I was under the impression that Rolf was not in the same League as Jimmy.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
5.15 Jim'll Fist It
He once fixed it for me to milk a cow with a blindfold on.

Hang on a second.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.