Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Random acts of kindness

Random acts of kindness

Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random acts of kindness

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
In Belfast once, a guy dropped a load of 50 pound notes as he was taking his wallet out. We're talking about 500 pounds worth. I ran around picking them up, much to the disgust of passers-by who thought I was stealing them, and then ran after the guy and gave him his money back. The dirty look I got from him was unreal, like I'd nicked it from his pocket.

Another time in Glasgow, in an alleyway off Buchanan street there was always this sad looking individual trying to play a mouth organ. So I bagged up all my loose change probably about 50 pounds in total and gave it to him. He legged it as soon as I gave it to him. I later saw him lying pissed in George Square.

JTL
i wasnt pissed, just ootama tree
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:05 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
i wasnt pissed, just ootama tree
We'll need to start a "random acts of tightness" thread for you Soapy

Just be you, Framac and Bernie posting though.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes, that was indeed very kind of them to take pity on you like that
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
We'll need to start a "random acts of tightness" thread for you Soapy

Just be you, Framac and Bernie posting though.
and a random thread for you for all the random pish threads you start

i think and i know that hurt

that if everyone did at least one kind thing a week. we wouldnt change the world, but we would all feel a lot better
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:10 am
Account Closed

that if everyone did at least one kind thing a week. we wouldnt change the world, but we would all feel a lot better
"Random pish" is my middle name

My first name is Soapytalks!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

I know a guy who lives in the east end of Glasgow called Big Tony. He;s been carrying out random acts of kindness that benefits the other side of the city all ****ing season
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

"Random pish" is my middle name

My first name is Soapytalks!
its like being back at school sitting next to the wee irritating guy whos patter consists of.....
no you are

if you really want to show an act of kindness, please tie your hands behind your back
the entire forum will thank you
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:27 am
Account Closed

its like being back at school sitting next to the wee irritating guy whos patter consists of.....
no you are

if you really want to show an act of kindness, please tie your hands behind your back
the entire forum will thank you
How very dare you!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:30 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

How very dare you!
I am random.

I am also kind.

I will endeavour to put the two together.

So.... v-e-r-y ...diff-i-cult...

Ngggghhhhhhh.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Youngest daughter left her phone in a local park a while back and was hysterical when we got back there to look - pitch dark and couldn't see it anywhere. She'd finally saved enough to buy herself a touch phone and loved it.

A few days later my phone rang and some guy asked if I knew someone who'd lost a phone as his son had found one and wanted to return it. I could have kissed him. Went to collect it but they were out so dropped daughter at a friends round the corner and told her to go back with friend's father, not on her own.

Turns out it was a local drug den and when she offered a $20 reward to the lad, the mum laughed and said they had more than enough thanks

We sort of figured that although it was a good phone, that they'd probably got really mega fancy ones and didn't need hers. On the other hand they could have just been good citizens (other than dealing drugs of course).

Police raided them a month or so later and came away with a fairly large haul. Just shows, you never can tell.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:32 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Youngest daughter left her phone in a local park a while back and was hysterical when we got back there to look - pitch dark and couldn't see it anywhere. She'd finally saved enough to buy herself a touch phone and loved it.

A few days later my phone rang and some guy asked if I knew someone who'd lost a phone as his son had found one and wanted to return it. I could have kissed him. Went to collect it but they were out so dropped daughter at a friends round the corner and told her to go back with friend's father, not on her own.

Turns out it was a local drug den and when she offered a $20 reward to the lad, the mum laughed and said they had more than enough thanks

We sort of figured that although it was a good phone, that they'd probably got really mega fancy ones and didn't need hers. On the other hand they could have just been good citizens (other than dealing drugs of course).

Police raided them a month or so later and came away with a fairly large haul. Just shows, you never can tell.
My little girl found a mobile at Mooloolaba... we took it home and charged it up (twas a Nokia one, just like my sons) and then I rang MUM from the menu... she was really grateful and said she will be around the next morning...

2 weeks later and the same phone was still sitting in the hallway...

Eventually the Mother turned up, ran up the drive, took the phone, barked "ta" and then ran off again..

hmpf!

Wish I hadn't bothered!

Em x
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Did you want her to kiss you or something? Imagine if she had found my phone.....
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by odyssey
Did you want her to kiss you or something? Imagine if she had found my phone.....
A slab of beer would have been nice!

Em x

PS OK - not exactly random or kind, but hey ho, I would have been pee-eyed so what the hell would I have had cared!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

God I guess so, I wouldnt even think to buy something like that - I woudl just rock up and say thanks very much, and then tell them about my thyroid...
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by odyssey
God I guess so, I wouldnt even think to buy something like that - I woudl just rock up and say thanks very much, and then tell them about my thyroid...
Conversation was the last thing on her mind... she was running like she had the Ol Bill after her! lmao!

Em x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.