Reload this Page >

Random acts of kindness

Random acts of kindness

Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Random acts of kindness

I've had an awful week.

But not as awful as some folks I know, and, even more, some I don't.

This week has been distressing for me, but lifechanging for the people who have been the poor souls who were involved in a very tragic event.

Some of you know me, most of you don't.

But I'd like to ask/invite all of you to do something for me, yourselves, and more importantly, for others.

I had a very bad year, way back in 1993. My solution was to give the 'Big Issue' sellers GBP10 and tell them to keep the change.

Not many Big Issue sellers here, but I've managed to find one, and yes, I give him $20 so that he sells his mag, (which always has interesting topics), but he always gets a little extra from me for himself.

A friend told me a few weeks ago that she 'hides' $10 bills in shops so that people can find it. It's good karma apparently, to give anonymously/randomly.

So, for the past few weeks, I've been hiding $10 notes in Big W, Coles, Woolies, anywhere I shop.

Could you please just do this once? Once a week, once a month, once a year, you choose.

I promise you that you will feel better about yourself, and I also think that karma will be kind to you if you do this.

M xxx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:09 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random acts of kindness

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I've had an awful week.

But not as awful as some folks I know, and, even more, some I don't.

This week has been distressing for me, but lifechanging for the people who have been the poor souls who were involved in a very tragic event.

Some of you know me, most of you don't.

But I'd like to ask/invite all of you to do something for me, yourselves, and more importantly, for others.

I had a very bad year, way back in 1993. My solution was to give the 'Big Issue' sellers GBP10 and tell them to keep the change.

Not many Big Issue sellers here, but I've managed to find one, and yes, I give him $20 so that he sells his mag, (which always has interesting topics), but he always gets a little extra from me for himself.

A friend told me a few weeks ago that she 'hides' $10 bills in shops so that people can find it. It's good karma apparently, to give anonymously/randomly.

So, for the past few weeks, I've been hiding $10 notes in Big W, Coles, Woolies, anywhere I shop.

Could you please just do this once? Once a week, once a month, once a year, you choose.

I promise you that you will feel better about yourself, and I also think that karma will be kind to you if you do this.

M xxx
Where the hell do you live?
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

More like where does she shop!! No seriously,you sound like a very generous soul and yes I have known about RAOK for quite a while.Good idea and something we should all practice once in a while.It calms the ego xx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I am one for random acts of kindess. Giving junkie beggers larger amounts that kind of thing. People say, they dont deserve it and they are right and other days I think foff scrounger, but when the mood takes me and I catch their eyes, I think whatever you spend it on your life is not great and if you get some happiness then that is a good thing.

I also always buy big issue etc. I like giving people things in general really except I am always very skint. But I am unlikely to keep possessions for long because if someone says they like it I want to give it to them.

I have to say though M - I wouldnt go hiding $10 in big W!!! Thats crazy talk

Viv
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry that you have had a bad week M! Can I help in anyway honey???
Big hugs
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:20 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what happened to me, the other month, I was walking down the street in Noosa Junction when this bloke just jumped out in front and begged me to give him some bus fare as he had left his bus card at home and he had to be in work. I gave him 10 bucks straight off.. when I tell people they think I am some sort of a idiot who could have been mugged.. I don't think so, I just thought he could do with a hand and I had the money, so why not?!

Em x
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:23 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of good karma going round.
There are lots of good people out there, we just tend to focus on the bad.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I do sometimes wish that bad karma would come around too though!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:47 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sorry you are having a bad week M
if you need to chat I'm here xx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I do sometimes wish that bad karma would come around too though!
I think karma will catch up in the end Sal. Sometimes you just have to be patient though.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think karma will catch up in the end Sal. Sometimes you just have to be patient though.
I know but life can seem very unfair sometimes!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I know but life can seem very unfair sometimes!
Yes it can. I used to wonder what kind of bad person I must have been in a previous life to be saddled with some of the rotten things life had handed me. Now I've learned to count my blessings as well and find myself much more content. Maybe it's just an age thing or maybe karma has now given me more to be thankful for.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

karma always always pays back people who hurt me, its quite frightening. May be slow coming but it always does and is always very dramatic

thats why its important not to take a nasty line with people when there is no need. I try to always put myself in the other persons shoes and think is it me being unreasonable.

Usually if I am that wound up, then I am blame and its my defence gene playing up
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

& sometimes people are just tossers!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Random acts of kindness......mmm, let me see.

I shagged a ginger once, does that count

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.