Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Quick and dirty emigration cheat sheet as per British Expats.

Quick and dirty emigration cheat sheet as per British Expats.

Old Jan 31st 2012, 2:45 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Quick and dirty emigration cheat sheet as per British Expats.

Q: Should I move to Australia?
A: No.

Q: Brisbane or Perth?
A: Perth

Q: Can I bring my car?
A: Yes.

Q: What's the weather like where you are now?
A: Scattered showers with sunny periods.

Q: Is there work for tradesmen?

Q: Do tradesmen ever turn up for work?

Q: Brisbane or Perth?
A: Brisbane.

Q: Can I buy a house by the sea?

Q: How much is your electricity bill per quarter?
A: 900kw

Q: How much was your container?
A: 4 tonnes unladen.

Q: Can you recommend a doctor?

Q: Should I leave the UK?
A: Probably.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick and dirty emigration cheat sheet as per British Expats.

But should I move to Adelaide?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:25 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

Why did you contradict yourself? You chose Perth, then Brisbane.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But should I move to Adelaide?
Will myTV work there? and do they have Crime?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Will myTV work there? and do they have Crime?
TV yes. Fridge no, 'cos it won't work in 'Australian conditions'
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:49 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I want to live by the sea, with a pool, good schools and ballet classes, no spiders or flooding, work opportunities for qualified herbal reiki massage regression head therapist. Where should we go?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
TV yes. Fridge no, 'cos it won't work in 'Australian conditions'
Is that cos its always hot? And a bloke on Its Paradise Downunder said everyone has to have two fridges cos they have to keep the beer separate from the food
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is that cos its always hot? And a bloke on Its Paradise Downunder said everyone has to have two fridges cos they have to keep the beer separate from the food
Indeed it is. Beer should never come into contact with food. It makes the food drunk.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I want to live by the sea, with a pool, good schools and ballet classes, no spiders or flooding, work opportunities for qualified herbal reiki massage regression head therapist. Where should we go?
Bognor
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bognor
Prestatyn
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:17 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Q. I want to drive from one major city to another, will I be stoned by bewildered locals for traveling in the devils steel chariot?
A. Probably.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:20 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Prestatyn
press what in?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear that schools in Australia are 50 years behind than the UK, so what year will my child be in if he was in year 7 in the UK? - Well it depends, if he goes to a Perth school, he will need to regress back to an embryo and be reborn.

Will my fridge work in Australia? - yes but not in Tassie or Perth

Is 1 week enough to decide if I like it or not and if I dont like it, should I move back whilst I still have jetlag? - 1 week is far too long, you should know within seconds.

Do they sell tampons in Australia? - no, you have to roll your own or if you have large genitals, you can use sheep.

What side of the road do people drive on in Australia? - it depends on how drunk they are, it could be the middle.

What language to they speak in Australia? - in QLD it is rather slow, but if you go to Perth, they speak 'Perthanese'

What happens if I die in Australia, will I be buried upside down? - No, your body will be cut into steaks and you will be thrown on the Barbie for new migrants to enjoy.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:16 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

What happens if I die in Australia, will I be buried upside down? - No, your body will be cut into steaks and you will be thrown on the Barbie for new migrants to enjoy.
That only happens if you're a vegetarian due to the risk of Mad Cow Disease.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
That only happens if you're a vegetarian due to the risk of Mad Cow Disease.
my cereal just about came out of my nose there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.