The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Nick Gill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by pacey

i'm not getting any sand out of your gusset!
Originally Posted by pacey
not sure i want my nuts eliminating

i think a bit of support is good, especially in hot climates - those boys are gonna sag in time more than they would in the UK! be round our ankles at 80! Still go surfing though.
My mind is now working overtime here
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Eliminates sweaty nuts as well. I'm sure the ladies of this thread will testify that they're never a good thing
Hot Salty Nuts are just sooooooooo wrong in soooooooo many ways
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

junglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Post in here if you're not travelling with the OH or family.

*Desperately hopes not to be the only loner*
I heading out solo, and after having migrated twice (once UK to USA alone, at the tender age of 17.5) and once again (USA to Taiwan, at the not so tender age of 38), frankly I can't wait to get stuck in :-)

The way I've got my head around this type of life changing event is to think about change in very positive terms. Without change, nothing evolves, but with stimulation, be it positive or negative, we are forced to evolve and in doing so become more interesting and engaging people.

Looking forward to meeting loads of ex-pats in Melbourne!

Cheers,

Alex.

Last edited by junglegeorge45; Jul 12th 2008 at 2:56 pm. Reason: Dodgy spelling!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by junglegeorge45
I heading out solo, and after having migrated twice (once UK to USA alone, at the tender age of 17.5) and once again (USA to Taiwan, at the not so tender age of 38), frankly I can't wait to get stuck in :-)

The way I've got my head around this type of life changing event is to think about change in very positive terms. Without change, nothing evolves, but with stimulation, be it positive or negative, we are forced to evolve and in doing so become more interesting and engaging people.

Cheers,

Alex.

Welcome aboard
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,

Alex.
hi alex. I think you're absolutely spot on, it's important in life to keep challenging yourself and expanding your horizons, and I think when you've got this kind of opportunity, even if in the end it's not what you want forever, it'll only make you look back on your life in years to come and think "well, at least i followed my desires and DID IT!"

I don't want to be one of those people that didn't go for it.

anyway, sounds like you need a wanderers thread, not a loners thread! welcome aboard!

(ok are we better now we are back to mild philosophy rather than guy-love? You're still my wing man James! )
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:43 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Cheers,

Alex.
Think that's spot on Alex.

And Pacey...bullshit - you can be mine!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi Alex , DITTO .... Welcome to the loners/wanderers
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Alex , DITTO .... Welcome to the loners/wanderers
welcome all new loners

right, what a crap weekend ive had!

Assaulted on saturday night by some drunk then got told im being layed off this morning! No work!

Where are the visa's when you need them!!!

Im back to my usual self now guys, no more moaning or self pity

Doc
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:12 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
welcome all new loners

right, what a crap weekend ive had!

Assaulted on saturday night by some drunk then got told im being layed off this morning! No work!

Where are the visa's when you need them!!!

Im back to my usual self now guys, no more moaning or self pity

Doc
And how long is that gonna last I wonder????

Hehe
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
And how long is that gonna last I wonder????

Hehe
its going to last until i get my visa

then im going to be very happy for the rest of my life!

Doc
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

Just found this thread... I thought I was the only nut-job actually moving down to Australia by myself, but hey, there are some others just like me

Are most people on this thread from the UK? I'm actually from Canada, been lurking on this forum rather than the equivalent Canadian expat website I found, as this forum is way more active, even amongst Canadians who moved abroad.

Application is currently in progress, hope to be moving down in early 2009, in all likelihood to Melbourne.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by torcraw
Just found this thread... I thought I was the only nut-job actually moving down to Australia by myself, but hey, there are some others just like me

Are most people on this thread from the UK? I'm actually from Canada, been lurking on this forum rather than the equivalent Canadian expat website I found, as this forum is way more active, even amongst Canadians who moved abroad.

Application is currently in progress, hope to be moving down in early 2009, in all likelihood to Melbourne.
welcome aboard.

As you can see there are a few loners here and most are uk but we dont mind the odd canadian

What visa you going on?

Doc
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:54 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Cheers,

Alex.
Originally Posted by torcraw

Glad to see there's some more heading out Melbourne way as most of the guys seem to be heading either further north or way out west
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by docgp
welcome aboard.

As you can see there are a few loners here and most are uk but we dont mind the odd canadian

What visa you going on?

Doc
Same as yourself, 175 MODL. Looking at your sig, I'm about one month ahead in the process (visa application submitted early April)
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a Case Officer as of today guys! Visa grant to follow..!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.