Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I cant believe I'm typing this - WE'RE MOVING TO PERTH!

Originally Posted by willamos
No they don't.

People are bothered by sarcasm directed at the expense of Australia and those that love it.

People are not bothered to ANYTHING LIKE THE SAME EXTENT by sarcasm directed at the expense of the UK and those that love it.
For the same reason (presumably) that Hutch and Renth 'pop up' with their little remarks mid-thread. Humour. Irony. Sarcasm.

You tolerate it from them so learn to tolerate it from everyone.

Just because someone does not approach the topic from a perspective that you agree with does not mean they should be labelled a ''troll'' or indeed anything else.
Err, but yet again, many of Hutch's remarks are ''uncalled for''.

But they do not bother you. Wonder why.
I don't think you are a troll - but you had a bit of a guilty conscience on this post - you are a breed of poster who is fustrated as hell.

You talk about Hutch and Renth. The difference is that Hutch and Renth can be quite funny - in Hutch's case he is quite satirical. He's also actually on record of stating what is crap about Australia and is happy to hear other opinions. He also tends to post in the midst of intense debate or when a poster is being tedious and makes some of us laugh because he tends to throw the same thing back in the poster's face. Talks about mediocre British lives. There are posters like Jad n Rich who provide the Australian equivalent. Talk about mediocre Australian lives.

Renth's posts are one-offs. He's posted a lot less recently. He rarely starts posts, he rarely argues, he rarely complains about other posters. He slags off bits of the UK but that's his opinion, he doesn't say what other people can say or not say. He leaves as quietly as he arrives..He doesn't have a bit of a bee in his bonnet. Remember too that people need to get to know new posters and it's easy for a new poster to post anonymously and get a bit of a reputation. This is not just a Bulletin board, these are real people and the dynamics is the same as anywhere else.

You have never ever accepted anyone's opinon that Australia might be great, for people of culture etc etc (where do I start). You have never considered how other people might live differently to you.

You're also contributing to threads which you could have chosen to leave alone...given the run of play - the subject matter etc. (It's not that important).

I feel, that serial complainants of Australia like you tend to 'post-count'. They obsess over some sort of material imbalance as if there is a need to keep score. People pick on you only because you're clearly a fustrated man, others say they live a life here you yearn for yourself yet can't find or see.

For some people, this is much more than point-scoring or totals on a page. People tend to tire of people who won't let them lead a life or accept they might be happy, or that people might have different jobs, or come from different backgrounds. Who knows, they might feel they can beat the complainant at their own game.

People who hate the UK tend to post one or two topics when they are in the transition phase, never to be seen again. You only have to read their posts to know some are nothing more than ignorant twats. And they get it too - infact it's been known for a pro-Australian poster to ridicule the person too.

Mate - I've been on this forum 6.5 years.... This last few years there has been a bit of a swing away from 'happy-clappy Godzoners' to a situation where many posters who like Australia are quite tolerant and will give space to people who don't like it. Some old posters, who know how easy it is to push buttons go out of their way. Often they agree, or provide very readable and rational replies to all sorts of conundrums.

But in general, happy people may as well be left alone! Happy people tend not to pick fights nor complain....tis the way of the world.

There are quite a few posters who try to accomodate you. Personally all this talk about mental stability is not really fair and only encourages nastiness. You're just a fustrated man IMHO. BE provides an anonymous outlet but initially you've burnt your bridges and made a name for yourself. You're not the first and you won't be the last. There are people who have got to know the forum and then been accepted despite a difficult start...

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Nov 22nd 2009 at 10:28 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

One day - if I ever get to go home - I might post an ''excited'', ''happy'' thread about doing so.
I don't know you, but from reading this thread I think there may be quite a few folks waving you off at the airport!.

Do you live in Perth?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:42 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
That's fantastic! I'm glad you're still excited after all the goings on in your thread. I also love to see that you don't let this sort of thing phase you much, you'll fit right in on here!
Indeed. An ability to ignore shit will stand you in good stead in Australia.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

At least until you go home.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I wasn't referring to Australia, if I was I would have said so.

When I said "on here" I was refering to BE where the ability to ignore "shit" (as you say) most definitely comes in handy. Speaking of which... it's off to bed I think
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

There is a time and place to discuss likes and dislikes. However, threads started with someone's happy news is not one of them.

I would suggest you all take a read of the site rules, particularly rule 1.