Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:42 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic bickering from UKMouse's thread

And I can't believing I'm reading it.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I cant believe I'm typing this - WE'RE MOVING TO PERTH!

"Do not feed the trolls"
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:51 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
"Do not feed the trolls"
Not funny. Not clever. Devoid of meaning or purpose.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willamos
Even so, I still like you Will.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have fixed it below.

"Do not feed the troll"
Old Nov 21st 2009, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Even so, I still like you Will.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

"Do not feed the trolls"
Erm... are you calling me a troll? Just wondered!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ukmouse
Erm... are you calling me a troll? Just wondered!

No, not at all. I wish you all the very best in your move to Perth. We're hoping to move to Oz next year ourselves.

Read post #11 - there's the troll, Mr Anti-Australia. Unfortunately he has already spoiled your thread.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

No, not at all. I wish you all the very best in your move to Perth. We're hoping to move to Oz next year ourselves.

Read post #11 - there's the troll, Mr Anti-Australia. Unfortunately he has already spoiled your thread.
Phew! Thank goodness for that!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

A bit like your life, by the sounds of it

Best of luck to the OP

Last edited by geordiebloke; Nov 22nd 2009 at 2:33 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:52 am
Banned

Still intrigued by the rationale that decrees that if you are ''anti-Australia'' you must be a ''troll''.

Surely the implication there is that no one could possibly hold genuine views against Australia, so they must be fabricating them as part of their desire to be a ''troll''.

Tough if you can't understand why someone wouldn't like Australia. That's your problem. Doesn't make someone who dislikes the place a ''troll''.

Lazy, cheap and all too convenient way of trying to invite the mods to shut someone down just because they are expressing views you happen not to like/agree with.

Calling someone a ''troll'' is the internet forum equivalent of a school kid saying ''my Dad's bigger than your Dad'' or ''he started it''.

Pathetic.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Still intrigued by the rationale that decrees that if you are ''anti-Australia'' you must be a ''troll''.

Surely the implication there is that no one could possibly hold genuine views against Australia, so they must be fabricating them as part of their desire to be a ''troll''.

Tough if you can't understand why someone wouldn't like Australia. That's your problem. Doesn't make someone who dislikes the place a ''troll''.

Lazy, cheap and all too convenient way of trying to invite the mods to shut someone down just because they are expressing views you happen not to like/agree with.

Calling someone a ''troll'' is the internet forum equivalent of a school kid saying ''my Dad's bigger than your Dad'' or ''he started it''.

Pathetic.
But why would you waste your time

I live in Australia and know from personal experience that everything is not perfect and will whinge accordingly. However, if on balance I thought Australia was not for me, I would leave and not spend my time trying to convince others what an awful place it is, I have better things to do with my time.
As far as I'm aware this site is for those people who have decided, or are deciding to settle in Australia. To seek advice and get opinions, constructive opinions good and bad.
To come on this site with nothing but negative comments just smacks of bitterness and of a life with nothing more fulfilling in it.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by geordiebloke

I live in Australia and know from personal experience that everything is not perfect and will whinge accordingly. However, if on balance I thought Australia was not for me, I would leave and not spend my time trying to convince others what an awful place it is, I have better things to do with my time.
As far as I'm aware this site is for those people who have decided, or are deciding to settle in Australia. To seek advice and get opinions, constructive opinions good and bad.
To come on this site with nothing but negative comments just smacks of bitterness and of a life with nothing more fulfilling in it.
But only the opinions you deem suitable, right?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by geordiebloke

For you to consider yourself the judge of what people should/shouldn't be interested in reading about when making such a big decision is very pompous and makes you guilty of the narrow viewpoint that you are trying to accuse me of.

People should be able to hear about all sides of the story of moving to Australia. Why do they only need to hear the boring old ''I moved to Brisbane and love it here'' version over and over again? That might give them encouragement but is encouragement all they need? People need to be made aware that it is possible to make a move overseas and really not like it at all. People need to look into the future and have the facility to consider as many different eventualities as possible. We are not talking about which breed of puppy to buy here; we are discussing the country in which people are going to live their lives.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:32 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

For you to consider yourself the judge of what people should/shouldn't be interested in reading about when making such a big decision is very pompous and makes you guilty of the narrow viewpoint that you are trying to accuse me of.

People should be able to hear about all sides of the story of moving to Australia. Why do they only need to hear the boring old ''I moved to Brisbane and love it here'' version over and over again? That might give them encouragement but is encouragement all they need? People need to be made aware that it is possible to make a move overseas and really not like it at all. People need to look into the future and have the facility to consider as many different eventualities as possible. We are not talking about which breed of puppy to buy here; we are discussing the country in which people are going to live their lives.
Some people spend much more time picking a puppy than making the choice to emigrate We made the decision one night over a bottle of wine. I searched for about 9 months before choosing Molly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.