Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House

No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House

Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:58 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The law can state what the Hell it likes but I choose who I sell my house to and how would the law possibly know my intentions or reasoning behind that sale?
We already know you don't like muslims.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

If someone from whatever group you hate offers the full asking price, are you not obligated to sell to them in Australia then?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:00 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
We already know you don't like muslims.
I don't like you either but if you came up with the money I would sell my house to you.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:02 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like you either but if you came up with the money I would sell my house to you.
I am a muslim.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
If someone from whatever group you hate offers the full asking price, are you not obligated to sell to them in Australia then?
What you are saying is that I am legally obliged, and indeed should be forced, to sell my house to the highest bidder. Why?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:03 am
Account Closed

I am a muslim.
I don't care if you are red, green or sky blue pink. Show me the money and it's yours.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:03 am
Banned

What you are saying is that I am legally obliged, and indeed should be forced, to sell my house to the highest bidder. Why?
Because you would be stupid not to?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:04 am
Banned

I don't care if you are red, green or sky blue pink. Show me the money and it's yours.
But you said you didn't like me. Racist.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Because you would be stupid not to?
I may well be... but what if the highest bidder is part of a massive chain and the next highest is stood on my front lawn with a suitcase full of cash?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:05 am
Account Closed

But you said you didn't like me. Racist.
It's because you went to Oxbridge... I'm schoolist
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:06 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what the law says - the law says you can't choose not to dispose of land on the basis of race etc. You can choose not to sell for any other reason you like, which doesn't have to be price.

how would the law possibly know my intentions or reasoning behind that sale?
Step one: don't give a TV interview in which you admit it!
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
That's not what the law says - the law says you can't choose not to dispose of land on the basis of race etc. You can choose not to sell for any other reason you like, which doesn't have to be price.

Well yeah, if you are daft enough to start off that way then it's a bit of a given. !
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar

OK a sensible answer.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:09 am
Banned

I may well be... but what if the highest bidder is part of a massive chain and the next highest is stood on my front lawn with a suitcase full of cash?
I would be worried if someone turned up on my front lawn with a suitcase full of cash.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is sadly lacking in Patrick from the lounge, I might go and get him to spice things up a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.