British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/no-muslims-overseas-asians-allowed-buy-pauline-hansons-house-665824/)

mohogony Apr 27th 2010 10:17 pm

No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House

:ohmy::ohmy:
how would she know if the buyer is a muslim? l hope one buys it and turns it into a mosque.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...-hansons-home/

iamthecreaturefromuranus Apr 27th 2010 10:21 pm

Re: No muslims or overseas Asians allowed to buy Pauline Hansons House

Originally Posted by mohogony (Post 8525856)

So?

Don't you think she has a right to sell it to whoever she pleases?

DeadVim Apr 27th 2010 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8525865)
So?

Quite true, I wouldn't sell mine to a ginger nut, for instance.

mohogony Apr 27th 2010 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8525865)
So?

It seems pity pointless the person who buys it could then go onto sell it to an overseas asian or muslim a few months after. She probably knows most asian investors would'nt want a house in the Queensland outback anyway , l bet if she was selling a mult million dollar house in Toorak Melbourne she would be inviting cashed up overseas Chinese in for personal tours of the house.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Apr 27th 2010 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by mohogony (Post 8525880)
It seems pity pointless the person who buys it could then go onto sell it to an overseas asian or muslim a few months after.

They could... but that's not her problem.

She should be able to sell to who she chooses. Not sure how the law works here, but I bet if she had said the same thing in the UK that some Quango would be all over it trying to make a court case out of it.

Amazulu Apr 27th 2010 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by mohogony (Post 8525856)
:ohmy::ohmy:
how would she know if the buyer is a muslim? l hope one buys it and turns it into a mosque.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...-hansons-home/

Good for her. She can sell to whoever she likes.

lapin_windstar Apr 27th 2010 11:30 pm

I'm sure that will be devastating news to the incredibly diverse group of people who would want to live in a shitkicking country town in Queensland.

Neither Hanson nor the agent can refuse to sell property to a buyer purely on the basis of race, colour etc - see s12 of the Racial Discrimination Act (Cth) 1975.

l bet if she was selling a mult million dollar house in Toorak Melbourne she would be inviting cashed up overseas Chinese in for personal tours of the house.

I'm so glad to see that someone is finally sticking up for Australian millionaires!

mohogony Apr 27th 2010 11:32 pm

l think she has the place up for sale for $1m and is having trouble selling it, l bet if some cashed up overseas chinese investor or muslim came along and offered $1.5 or $2m she would change her mind.

mohogony Apr 27th 2010 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 8526051)
I'm sure that will be devastating news to the incredibly diverse group of people who would want to live in a shitkicking country town in Queensland.

Yes l doubt many muslims or overseas Asians would want a house in the middle of redneck outback Queensland anyway,

moneypenny20 Apr 27th 2010 11:42 pm

It seems pity pointless the person who buys it could then go onto sell it to an overseas asian or muslim a few months after. .

But it's her house at present and she can sell it to who she wants. It matters not what happens after she's sold, it's her belief and good for her for sticking to her principals. Not ones I agree with but imagine the headlines if she took money for the house from someone she doesn't feel should be in the country, she'd be slaughtered for being hypocritical. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

At the end of the day, who gives a toss?

Sally Redux Apr 27th 2010 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8526078)

At the end of the day, who gives a toss?

Err...someone who wants to buy a house and not be discriminated against?

moneypenny20 Apr 28th 2010 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8526082)
Err...someone who wants to buy a house and not be discriminated against?

I'm sure there are loads of Muslims or any other type of religious person and stacks of non religious people who would want to live anywhere other than her house. She's being upfront and honest. There are stacks of people who won't sell to someone because of a perceived discrimination.

No idea where she lives but I can't imagine she's in an area where many Muslims would want to live anyway.

Lord_Farquar Apr 28th 2010 12:08 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8526106)

No idea where she lives but I can't imagine she's in an area where many Muslims would want to live anyway.

Queensland. ;)

mohogony Apr 28th 2010 12:18 am

[QUOTE=moneypenny20;8526078

At the end of the day, who gives a toss?[/QUOTE]

Yes what if you found your dream house for sale and the owner says sorry l won't sell it to Poms. you would be pity angry.

Vash the Stampede Apr 28th 2010 12:22 am

Are they going to lower the price on account of the fact that it's in Queensland?