Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

I have just spoken to her on the phone and she has agreed to visit a doctor next week. She has also said that both me and my son should go to oz and she and the daughter will come over in november for my sons birthday and they will stop for xmas.

Thats the story so far. You never know she could come over earlier if she missed us too much and we told her how good it was.

Thanks for everything

jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
I have just spoken to her on the phone and she has agreed to visit a doctor next week. She has also said that both me and my son should go to oz and she and the daughter will come over in november for my sons birthday and they will stop for xmas.

Thats the story so far. You never know she could come over earlier if she missed us too much and we told her how good it was.

Thanks for everything

jazzys
Well it's loking a bit more hopeful sent you karma. I hope it all works out for you.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:32 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everything

jazzys
dont keep telling her how good it is as she will feel pressurised

just let her miss you both and when she comes out be very sweet sensitive and kind and let her make her own mind up about how good it is

sounds very promising
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:36 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed for you Jazzy...hope it all works out, which ever way.....like previous post, let her miss you, which I am sure they will and if your daughter wants to come out earlier, then thats ok too!!! Good Luck and we are always here for a rant!! Ems x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

always hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I know this is not what some of you may want to read but it needs to be said.

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

I lost my job last week and I was about two weeks away from booking flights.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I'm gutted, hollow, empty and lost.

I have no job, no wife and no dream.

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
So, so sorry mate, nothing else i can say.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

All the very best.. hopefully it will work out for you in the end ..

Em x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say you have all been a great help in my hour of need and i really really appreciate everything.

tomorows another day eh!

Now I'll just be worrying about whether she will actually come over in november.

Best wishes to you all, I hope you never have to go through what I am right now.

Jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:42 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

good luck mate

Lee
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:49 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

When do you actually have to validate by? What's the timeframe? Do you have time to work through these problems? She's obviously feeling very confused and scared and stressed. But she's telling you that she loves you. That suggests she's unhappy with the circumstances, not with you. In that case, although she is the one that's walked out, she'll not be the one breaking up the family - it sounds like she's wanting for you all still to be together. Talk of validation isn't going to help that situation. Although you're obviously angry and upset (and with good reason), try to seperate out problems in the marriage and problems with emigration. And work out what's more important - where you live or who you live with. Best of luck that you're able to work through your problems and your family's happy - that's the most important thing.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Please forget about Oz and concentrate in reuniting the family unit.

If you love this woman, then you would be able to live absolutely anywhere with her, including a tin hut.

Material things are not worth a tap if you are not happy within yourself.

How happy would you really be in Oz without the love of your life. No country is worth more than the love of your life. Nothing is worth the sacrifice.

You need to fight for her, tell her you will put Oz on hold, find another job, this isn't about you, it's about winning her back.

Don't mess it up, you don't want to spend the rest of your life bitter, with a head full of 'if onlys'.

Please please please please please, not only for your sake, but for the sake of your children beg her to come back. Let her feelings be known. Listen, even if it kills you, just listen, no talking. Your wife knows how you feel, didn't you think to ask how she was feeling.

Tell her you are sorry, hug her and beg her to start again, living in Oz is small fish, she is the big fish, the great catch, go for it.

Good luck,

crocodileseamus
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everything

jazzys

Having seen many families in this type of position (split across the world) I agree with the last poster, no country is worth that.

Look moving to australia is not everyones dream, so many families are trying to follow a 'dream' that is really only one persons dream, not theirs at all.

At the end of the day australia is just another country and after a few months of novelty life will become much the same routine.

Wish you luck but if you can keep your family do that.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Please forget about Oz and concentrate in reuniting the family unit.

If you love this woman, then you would be able to live absolutely anywhere with her, including a tin hut.

Material things are not worth a tap if you are not happy within yourself.

How happy would you really be in Oz without the love of your life. No country is worth more than the love of your life. Nothing is worth the sacrifice.

You need to fight for her, tell her you will put Oz on hold, find another job, this isn't about you, it's about winning her back.

Don't mess it up, you don't want to spend the rest of your life bitter, with a head full of 'if onlys'.

Please please please please please, not only for your sake, but for the sake of your children beg her to come back. Let her feelings be known. Listen, even if it kills you, just listen, no talking. Your wife knows how you feel, didn't you think to ask how she was feeling.

Tell her you are sorry, hug her and beg her to start again, living in Oz is small fish, she is the big fish, the great catch, go for it.

Good luck,

crocodileseamus

Says it all...........
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks guys, your dead right and I think i would rather live in her world than live without her in mine.

If she has felt for ages, the way i'm feeling now, i feel desperately sorry for her.

She is so so strong its untrue, but everyone has a breaking point. and it seems like she reached hers on monday.

this has been the worst and longest week of my life.

I told you that she talked about me and my boy going over and she would folow with the daughter in november but I'm really not sure i could do that.

i'll be seeing her this morning, I'm just going to listen i promise. I just hope she speaks from the heart and doesn't just say what she thinks i want to hear.
She needs to be true to herself for all our sakes. There's kids involved here and their minds aren't to be messed with.

wish us luck

Jeff
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:02 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, your dead right and I think i would rather live in her world than live without her in mine.
wish us luck

Jeff
Jeff, you wont need luck because you have just summed up the type of bloke you are in that sentence.

You are going to put your wife and family before anything else in your life and you are prepared to listen.

That is a whole lot more than some people are prepared to do.

It might take alot of talking and perhaps things you may not want to hear, but you will sort it.

As I said before, its not you she is scared of, its the whole situation.

You will be fine.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:05 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Got everything crossed for you Jeff. Hope you manage to really talk things through. Let us know how you go on.

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.