Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

She's supposed to be coming down tomorrow to have a chat. I can't see things going the way i would like them to but you never know.

Fingers crossed for me everyone!

jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
ask her to go on holiday to Oz and validate the visa, no strings just keeping her options open and a holiday to take some of the pressure off and get an idea if she would like it or not

will also give you a chance to talk on neutral ground

but for goodness sake dont keep asking her how she likes it or saying how wonderful it is if you do go remember no pressure

Or another alternative is to tell your wife to come out with your daughter for a holiday on their own. It will give her the time to think about if she wants to come or not, and she'll probably feel less pressured if she's on her own.

Stress does funny things to you, so just try to be patient with her
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:17 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
She's supposed to be coming down tomorrow to have a chat. I can't see things going the way i would like them to but you never know.

jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:19 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

jazzys
keep calm dont chew over the past look for a way forward

recriminations and a barney wont help

good luck
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I have been so so patient with her and where the hell has that got me eh!

I just want to help her and its an awful feeling of rejection i have right now.
and i don't like it one little bit.

jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been so so patient with her and where the hell has that got me eh!

I just want to help her and its an awful feeling of rejection i have right now.
and i don't like it one little bit.

jazzys
One thing that has me puzzled in this, has she mentioned at all about your youngest child? Or expressed any concerns about you taking him to Australia.

It might be worth clarifying before you leave as to avoid future problems with custody when you get to Australia.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by asher
ask her to go on holiday to Oz and validate the visa, no strings just keeping her options open and a holiday to take some of the pressure off and get an idea if she would like it or not

will also give you a chance to talk on neutral ground

but for goodness sake dont keep asking her how she likes it or saying how wonderful it is if you do go remember no pressure
At the end of the day, getting the visa would have cost you x thousands of pounds, put it to her that it would be a complete waste of money if you didn't at least validate. I would then promise her that you will not pressure her any more on the subject, until she is ready.

There is no right or wrong way to handle this. You might have it all straight in your head before you see her tomorrow, but once you get in to the emotion of the situation it wont come out, or it'll come out wrong.

I for one will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks medwaymark, I appreciate your help in finding the right direction for me to head.

I daren't imagine a holiday over there with her and then saying goodbye at the airport. It would be too hard for words. Just more than anyone should have to face.

Life is proper shitty sometimes isn't it.

jazys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

jazzy

careful what you write on here. she may see this and it may blow your chances.
(im sure you know best)

my wife is jittery about all this, i know how you feel about getting your hopes up.

good luck m8
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:57 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I know this is not what some of you may want to read but it needs to be said.

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

I lost my job last week and I was about two weeks away from booking flights.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I'm gutted, hollow, empty and lost.

I have no job, no wife and no dream.

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
Mate, that is shit! No two ways about it. Everyone on here is really nice and offering condolences and that's great. You need to speak to Mrs Jazzy. I say speak, I really mean listen to her. My bet is that she probably can't talk to you about anything as she feels swept up in all of this and has no control. She may not have wanted to go in the first place but your excitement carried her through. Force her (nicely) to open up to you and shut the eff up while you just listen to her. Listening really is a skill but it's not beyond most men if they just think about it. Make her understand that her views are valid views. Make sure you don't dismiss her point of view.

Good luck dude!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

don't worry guys, there is no chance of her reading this.

Mr Beasley, wise words. it is proper shit of the highest quality.

You know what she said the other day in the middle of all this?

And i quote "I love you more right now than i've ever loved you in my whole life"

What the eff is all that about eh?

Then my lad came and asked me if I was having a good day, what a star!

jazzys
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could say something to help. just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and that it will all work out the way you want it too.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

hiya,like someone else said ,you gotta try to see A ; if she still does love you and in this case it does appear to be that way after wot she said,if so then dont worry about that one.
then look at wot state your marriage has been in latley,she may just be taking the oz thing out on you ,just coz she knows how wrapped up in it you are in that case she may still like the idea herself,but just trying to get at you.

lastly listen to her,and dont jump in saying something if she gets your back up.(you can do that later ), or you'll only be back to square one,and dont bring up oz until she does and listen to wot she has to say about it,instead of presuming.it may not be as bad as you think ,but let her tell you how she feels dont tell her how she feels .

goodluck x
kels x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
hiya,like someone else said ,you gotta try to see A ; if she still does love you and in this case it does appear to be that way after wot she said,if so then dont worry about that one.
then look at wot state your marriage has been in latley,she may just be taking the oz thing out on you ,just coz she knows how wrapped up in it you are in that case she may still like the idea herself,but just trying to get at you.

lastly listen to her,and dont jump in saying something if she gets your back up.(you can do that later ), or you'll only be back to square one,and dont bring up oz until she does and listen to wot she has to say about it,instead of presuming.it may not be as bad as you think ,but let her tell you how she feels dont tell her how she feels .

goodluck x
kels x
And be honest about your own feelings... without seeming desperate....
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Jazzy, I dont think she necessarily has cold feet about Australia, anymore than she has had enough with you.

Speaking as someone who a few years ago, had totally had enough of the stress that was current in our life, I know what it is like to have so much going on that the only answer is to walk away from the situation to get some head space. This I must add, is not the answer but sometimes it is the only solution at the time.

It is very hard when you feel everything is piling up on you emotionally to the point you really cannot take, talk nor face it anymore. With various needs and demands your time - in whatever form they take, your head just shuts down and your 'fight or flight' response kicks in.

Migration is hard at any time - Jesus I am terrified as a few plans haven't quite come off and things are not going to be as easy as we had hoped.

The thought of intentionally making ourselves jobless, homeless and in a strange country, is enough to wobble the strongest person off their emotional tightrope.

So put children into that equation and those worries are doubled. It is bad enough and hard enough having just yourselves to worry about but with youngsters as well, you must both be so scared.

It is awful that you have lost your job so close to booking the tickets and whilst you have handled it in your own way and come across as well balanced in your thoughts, I have a feeling with regards to your wife who was already bottling up her fears, it has just tipped her into panic mode.

She probably can't see a way forward and is so aware of this, that she has had to remove herself from anything associated with your situation.

Its a horrible feeling when you want to run, and must be dreadful for you picking up the pieces.

But my guess is and I hope I am right, that when she has had time to calm down and take a breather, she will come back ready to talk and be with those that love her most - her family.

The urge to walk out in this situation usually comes when someone has reached saturation point.

And when she comes back, she could well be more receptive to the idea of really talking about how she is feeling and her fears.

Look after yourself mate and whilst you are caught up in the whole migration process, keep time for your own emotions and allow yourself to express them.
everything i wanted to write but Im not so good with words.
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.