Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Wikiposts

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

Well Jeff, i hope its not going to be this season even if it is from afar instead of the Stadium of Delight!Thought with you been from the Durham area you would appreciate my avatarHave a nice day !!
regards bobby
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's basically a 50/50 split where I live bobby. Mackems and mags, I like to see em both do well to be honest. We are off to the toon V Juventus game on the 29th July and that will be our last big game before we get to Oz.

The team I really support though is Byers Green Boys under 12's. My son was the captain last year but he's played his last game for them and he's gunna be a big miss to them, and them to him. He's hoping to find a team over there but it looks like he'll miss the season and I've heard they won't start again until march.

Do you know much about Junior Football over there?

Jeff
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Well it's basically a 50/50 split where I live bobby. Mackems and mags, I like to see em both do well to be honest. We are off to the toon V Juventus game on the 29th July and that will be our last big game before we get to Oz.

The team I really support though is Byers Green Boys under 12's. My son was the captain last year but he's played his last game for them and he's gunna be a big miss to them, and them to him. He's hoping to find a team over there but it looks like he'll miss the season and I've heard they won't start again until march.

Jeff
Sorry mate we've only been out here 3 weeks so dont really know a lot as yet about the area but what i do know is byers green isn't very far from where i worked at at Crook ! Small world eh !Hopefully when you and the lad get here we could meet and have a bit crack about PROPER footy Sports over here is very high on the agenda apparently so hopefully he'll not suffer too much in the short term and come out of it a much better athlete all round!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

hey Jazzy I'm home - did you miss me??

So how you doing me ole mucka?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:52 am
Just Joined

gypseyrose will become famous soon enough

Hi jazzy
I have been Australia for the past year and I shall never forget the process of getting here it was the worst experience of my life with 3 children.My husband and I almost ended in the divorce courts.This country is not the Euthopia it is protrayed to be .and I know lots of people who are returning home There are as many problems here as any where else .In fact we are planning to return back to ireland .I have had enough .It has been a gruelling experience .Learned alot about myself.Most of all everything happens for a reason and it is only time that will show you what that reason was .The one big thing I learned was there is nothing more important than your family and friends .jazzy this is not paradise and certainly worth losing any scleep over and before looking outside of yourself look inside and cherish what you have got .
Sincerely hope everything works out for you .
Kindest regards
Gypseyrose
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:12 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff
I think I read somewhere that you are moving to brisbane we are now not going there but you can find the junior football teams on the south side of Brisbane here www.bsdjsa.org.au and the north side www.bndsoccer.com.au I did all this research and now going to Cairns.

Hope it helps

kaye

Last edited by wardy2; Jul 30th 2007 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, Thanks to Gypseyrose, Daunted and Wardy2.

Daunted, of course I've missed you sweetheart, its been very quiet lately.
No Geordie Mandy, No Daunted, No Prof. Princess and Herrchook has gone to Oz.
How was Turkey, or Greece? I Can't remember which one ya went to.
It's been really hot over there hasn't it?

What did you bring me back?

Jeff
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh shit, I forgot to address Gypseyrose and Wardy 2.

Gypseyrose, thanks for your reply. Your so right that Oz is not the utopia many expect it to be, but put yourself in my position. I'll just give you a run down of what it is:
  • I have a visa
  • I have a son who wants to go
  • I want to go
  • My partner walked out
  • My daughter wants to live with her when she gets a house
  • I hate being stuck in the house cos its too cold/damp/wet outside
  • So does my son
  • I haven't got a job
  • I can't get a job here that pays enough for me to keep my house
  • My trade is sought after in Oz
  • My kids are nearly left school and we see limited prospects of getting good jobs afterwards

It must be worth a try, many people may be returning to the UK. I did once, but now I'm going back to Oz. I can't let this opportunity slip away.
I sincerely hope it works out for everyone but it just doesn't suit some people, in just the same way as London sometimes doesn't suit people from the north.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure I have an awful lot to lose. My biggest thing is leaving my beautiful 15 year old daughter here in the UK, but she would always live with her mam anyway. I hardly see her now, and she's living here with me! Just wish me luck and we'll fly by the seat of our pants.
I've always been happy go lucky, Que sera!

__________________________________________________ ____________

Wardy, thanks for the info mate. Whats making you scarper off to Cairns then?

Jazzys
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mick69
Sadly not Issie, decision has been made
Have tried and suggested everything imaginable but still no. Just have to accept the decision and move on.
Hi

My name is ko, I have just seen this thread, I was desperate to come home, arrived back in UK Feb 06 - going back to Gold Coast November. It took coming back for a decent period of time to realise that we had a better life over there. Things changed in the time I was away and the place i thought I knew so well is overrun with chavs and delinquents
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

You must have visited my town did ya? Oh no, I forgot, there every bloody where! But they reckon they have them in Oz now too.

Jazzys
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:08 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

__________________________________________________ __________

Wardy, thanks for the info mate. Whats making you scarper off to Cairns then?

Jazzys
Managed to convince hubby that it was in his best interests

after living in Newcastle for 16 years and him never moving out of the suburb we live now. I wanted to live near the sea, very laid back, beautiful scenery all the idyllic stuff and as much as I loved Brisbane and we had picked a school, football teams for kids everything. I just felt it was not 100% right.

After visiting a beautiful place called wellington point it was so relaxed and stunning I just knew that I wanted this all the time and not just partime, as it would have been in Brisbane. So here we are 1 year later and heading to Cairns, I cant wait.

Kaye
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is that wellington point brisbane, or is there beautiful wellington point near cairns?

Jeff
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

You must have visited my town did ya? Oh no, I forgot, there every bloody where! But they reckon they have them in Oz now too.

Jazzys
Ha Ha - no, mine is in west yorkshire - unfortunately for me I work in Bradford which is the absolute pits. A friend of mine who also came back from Gold Coast - and who is alos going back - moved to Whitley Bay and cant get over it. There are the teenage kids hanging about, but I can hand on heart say that I never once felt intimidated by anyone over there, and my friends who live there still say that nothing has changed. One thing I did think was that the kids seem to stay younger for longer there. The family thing is more prevelant and we hardly saw big groups of kids just stood around, they would usually be playing soccer or ball games or surfing. I suppose our poor kids here have little do to and little encouragement - plus the weather is usually against us too.
Where are you heading to Brisbane? I thought it was lovely but preferred the coast, loved Robina, it is so pretty and had everthing we need. Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Initially I'll be heading to Forest Lake as I will be stopping with friends there.
I quite fancy the coast myself actually. I would love to find the perfect spot first time, I don't want to be moving here there and everywhere.

Just put some roots down, let the bairn find friends and start living our life.

Jeff
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:12 am
Just Joined

gypseyrose will become famous soon enough

Hi Jazzy
I think you have made up your mind and maybe on reflection and in possession of all the facts of your circumstance coming to Australia maybe just what you need right now.There are most certainly oppertunities here .As I Said in my previous text I do believe everything happens for a reason and certainly if you do not come you may always regret it and it does sound as if you have little to stay for .It is great that your son is also happy to come ,that was not our situation and that is part of the reason the move has been so difficult.It is a very big decision but you sound as if you have done the homework and I guess nothing ventured nothing gained .It will certainly be a huge personal learning curve.I wish you the best of luck .Keep me posted on your decision
Kindest regards
Gypseyrose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.