Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

Ellllo me darleens
How you all doing? Is this book any nearer completion jassy or do you need my input???
Had a little bit too much of the ole aussie red last night and all that stiff upper English lip stuff came crashing down round my ankles BUT have to say it did me good. I am now focused
Hey PP Im heading to WA too
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted, hows me dear doing.

The book is on hold at the moment, I'm too busy.
Feel free to write a chapter or two if ya like, its probably best if ya not half cut but I'm not sure when that will be.

Jeff
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi Daunted, hows me dear doing.

The book is on hold at the moment, I'm too busy.
Feel free to write a chapter or two if ya like, its probably best if ya not half cut but I'm not sure when that will be.

Jeff
A gal can go off someone you know!!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Ellllo me darleens
How you all doing? Is this book any nearer completion jassy or do you need my input???
Had a little bit too much of the ole aussie red last night and all that stiff upper English lip stuff came crashing down round my ankles BUT have to say it did me good. I am now focused
Hey PP Im heading to WA too
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Daunted my dear, you couldn't possibly go of lil ol me.

Not before you get your royalties for the book anyway

Jeff
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Daunted my dear, you couldn't possibly go of lil ol me.

Not before you get your royalties for the book anyway

Jeff
Mmmmmmmm good point!! ok I will be your friend until the royalty cheque clears and then i will have to re think
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Hi Jazzy,
I'm back from my hols all cooked up in the sun like a barbeque chicken!How's things? I see your still going ahead with oz, i'm glad. I've just caught up reading the threads over the past week, and you've been busy. We managed to sell our house (hopefully with go thru this time)the day we went on holiday, so we are defo going to oz in oct now yippee. I'VE also been having the wobbles big time as I also have 3 grown up children(twins boys 22 and daughter 21)who aren't coming with us and aren't looking forward to leaving them behind but they have their own lives to lead(i keep telling myself )
Anyway enough about my emotional wobbly moments Any news on your parental rights application?

Ally
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

I have friends who the kids left the parents behind.

My friends son came out here from UK age 17 with his girlfriend and her parents, young couple got married as soon as they could.

My mates then came out here, got sponsored by young son and his new wife. Then young couple decided to go back to the UK leaving both sets of parents in Aus.

You do have to live your own life, thats for sure
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Dazza, hope you had a goood hol. Batteries recharged n all that.

I've been having the odd bad day to be honest.
It's just things like tying up all the loose ends that sort of drills home what your doing.

I'm also missing my other half. Missing someone is a really horrible feeling. In some ways I think its worse than a bereavement, in that you know they are still alive but you still can't see them. She's the first thing i think of on a morning and the last thing i think of on a night.

I can't help it, I just do. There have been quite a few times when i have thought that once this hurt subsides, i will find another partner who may share more interests with me than my ex. And there have been quite a few times when i have thought that whatever faults we both have, I just love her to bits and i want her back.

I suppose its a time thing eh, but unfortunately we can't fast forward to a time when the hurt has gone.

The parental responsibility letters will be handed to my ex this afternoon and no doubt that will upset her as well. It's a shitty time alright and i wish it would all go away.

I'm having good days and bad days at the moment but all i can do is carry on for all our sakes.

Keep smiling eh!

Jazzys
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:31 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jazzy,

Have been reading your post and it sounds like you ve had a horrible time, Im so sorry, just wanted to say im thinkin of you
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Penky, yep your pot on. Its been bloody awful!

And its stil not marvellous to be honest.

I'll come through it eventually and hopefully I'll be stronger for it.

Jazzys
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Hi Jazzy,
You will come out the other side stronger, I wish i could take the hurt away but thats also part of the healing process. And we all know lifes no bed of roses but you have a fantastic opportunity to start a new chapter in your life, so embrace this exciting journey that your embarking on and go for it.
You've got help with some chapters off daunted and ppalready. Anyway any luck with the house sale yet?

Ally
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Ally, I feel like i'm getting weaker not stronger.

I think going away is going to be the only thing that will help me as i will be forced to save my own life. My ex has been here today and she looks well and is back to being the girl she was before all this australia shit started.
That actually makes it worse for me because its a long time since she has been like that and that is the person i love.

I made a big sunday dinner for us all today with yorkshire puddings and roast chicken and she almost licked the plate clean, she has been living off toast recently. She's not having the best of times either i don't think but it was all her decision so i suppose at least one of has got what they wanted.

I personally don't think i could do what she is doing. There is no way i could let our son live on the other side of the world to where i was. I know i will be leaving our daughter in the uk but she is 15 and pretty much a woman now.
It will still kill me not being able to give her a cuddle when she needs one but she doesn't need me as much these days.

I think i'd better get that book started cos its gunna make interesting reading in a couple of years time when things have (hopefully) settled down.

Jeff
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Ally, I feel like i'm getting weaker not stronger.

I think going away is going to be the only thing that will help me as i will be forced to save my own life. My ex has been here today and she looks well and is back to being the girl she was before all this australia shit started.
That actually makes it worse for me because its a long time since she has been like that and that is the person i love.

I made a big sunday dinner for us all today with yorkshire puddings and roast chicken and she almost licked the plate clean, she has been living off toast recently. She's not having the best of times either i don't think but it was all her decision so i suppose at least one of has got what they wanted.

I personally don't think i could do what she is doing. There is no way i could let our son live on the other side of the world to where i was. I know i will be leaving our daughter in the uk but she is 15 and pretty much a woman now.
It will still kill me not being able to give her a cuddle when she needs one but she doesn't need me as much these days.

I think i'd better get that book started cos its gunna make interesting reading in a couple of years time when things have (hopefully) settled down.

Jeff
Maybe you can just print off this whole thread Jeff, bind it and hey presto

Have you considered staying here in UK for a while and see if your relationship can be repaired?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I think i've thought of every option going but i haven't got a job so i'd have to move in with my parents and there are many complications with regards to that option too.

I suppose i could rent somewhere of my own when the house was sold but i think i'd just rather go to oz. The OH would then realise the magnitude of what she has done, while i'm still in the same town its too easy to just pop round and see us.

At least if i'm in oz i should get work ok.

My only problem as far i can see it is what happens to my son when i'm at work and he's on school holidays?

Answer, I don't know!

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.