Lonely as a cloud

Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lonely as a cloud

Originally Posted by Walkabout
Thanks Sally, I know that I am going to get my bottom kicked here, but it is spelt " occasionally ".

Man, I know that I am going to regret this
Just trying to make my mouth curl upward at the edges.

The tone is still to remain witty?

Sorry, English teacher background.
...........TAXI !!!!!!
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother!

Actually, can't abide poor spelling myself but it happens when I am typing occasionally!

You may now rejoin all the other pedants in the blue corner!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Walkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother!

Actually, can't abide poor spelling myself but it happens when I am typing occasionally!

You may now rejoin all the other pedants in the blue corner!

Oh Sally, I did not mean to offend you and I am SO sorry, just trying to distract my thoughts - life falling apart, wife telling me that she hates me now, etc.

Please don't give up bothering.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walkabout
Oh Sally, I did not mean to offend you and I am SO sorry, just trying to distract my thoughts - life falling apart, wife telling me that she hates me now, etc.

If youre so hung up on grammar and spelling then Im not surprised.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Walkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
OMG, that was just mean.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
BTW nothing magical about a childhood in Australia IMHO - childhood isnt about the beaches and the sunshine so much as the people in it, the ones you play with, the ones you fight with and the ones who look after you when the going gets tough. I think many of us would look back on our childhoods as being magical places regardless of where they were spent.
Of course, if the kids you fought with, were the ones on the beaches in the sunshine then it *would* be just like anywhere(!) and as you say would be magical..

Agree though that beaches don't exclusively make a life- but can contribute to a [very good]childhood nonetheless!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Of course, if the kids you fought with, were the ones on the beaches in the sunshine then it *would* be just like anywhere(!) and as you say would be magical..

Agree though that beaches don't exclusively make a life- but can contribute to a [very good]childhood nonetheless!
Brighton and Southend were always a giggle. S'pose like all things in the modern world, its deemed no good unless you paid top dollar for it!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Brighton and Southend were always a giggle. S'pose like all things in the modern world, its deemed no good unless you paid top dollar for it!
I'm happy that my kids are at the age where they love their little friends. My daughter is a natural born leader, always up for a giggle.

You know, people commented in the UK on how happy our kids were. We said "but they are always like this!"

The implication is that the UK people were acustomed to seeing miserable kids. Surely not!

Another sinister retort of course, which a MTBUKer might run past me, as a bit of a gas, is that they were happy to be *in the Uk* (geddit) - but see second paragraph...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm happy that my kids are at the age where they love their little friends. My daughter is a natural born leader, always up for a giggle.

You know, people commented in the UK on how happy our kids were. We said "but they are always like this!"

The implication is that the UK people were acustomed to seeing miserable kids. Surely not!

Another sinister retort of course, which a MTBUKer might run past me, as a bit of a gas, is that they were happy to be *in the Uk* (geddit) - but see second paragraph...
Badge, sometimes you talk in riddles. I dont wanna be lumped in with the other expats, because I actually enjoyed UK and didnt come here hoping for a new identity.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Badge, sometimes you talk in riddles. I dont wanna be lumped in with the other expats, because I actually enjoyed UK and didnt come here hoping for a new identity.
Sorry Officer - wasn't even talking about any of your motives - or lumping you in, and probably shouldn't have quoted you then. You were talking about hijinks in Southend - quoll was talking about happy kids...so I mentioned mine...

Read the post slowly and it will make sense..

1. I was saying that my kids are happy.
2. That people thought my kids were happy in the UK. (Clearly, UK doesn't make kids unhappy - like they implied).

3. I then took the piss out of the situation and said that a more sinister person might say my kids were happy because they were in the UK. Boom Boom!

4.BUT no - they are always happy...

Clearer? 'Bout the same amount of words....???? Or am I just a member of MENSA or something?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've just reread this, and this does not make sense either. I'm talking about my kids, and their relationships - based on the childhood thing and friendships, and happiness - what does this have to do with lumping people in with other expats?

Time to hit the sack, eh?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry Officer - wasn't even talking about any of your motives - or lumping you in, and probably shouldn't have quoted you then. You were talking about hijinks in Southend - quoll was talking about happy kids...so I mentioned mine...

Read the post slowly and it will make sense..

1. I was saying that my kids are happy.
2. That people thought my kids were happy in the UK. (Clearly, UK doesn't make kids unhappy - like they implied).

3. I then took the piss out of the situation and said that a more sinister person might say my kids were happy because they were in the UK. Boom Boom!

4.BUT no - they are always happy...

Clearer? 'Bout the same amount of words....???? Or am I just a member of MENSA or something?
Release the hounds. OK, I may have jumped ahead but my point was that adults may love the sandy beaches but kids are just as happy playing at the rubbish tip.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Release the hounds. OK, I may have jumped ahead but my point was that adults may love the sandy beaches but kids are just as happy playing at the rubbish tip.
Sure! Agreed...I guess Quoll was saying the experience was important. (BTW I've always maintained that I did not come here for beaches. I am not a beach person. Anyhow..)

But I didn't pick up on that from what you said so maybe I am stuffed - or we are both talking in tongues..

Catch you later..
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sure! Agreed...I guess Quoll was saying the experience was important. (BTW I've always maintained that I did not come here for beaches. I am not a beach person. Anyhow..)

But I didn't pick up on that from what you said so maybe I am stuffed - or we are both talking in tongues..

Catch you later..

Are you off to bed or is there basket full of shitty knickers to wash?

Nighty night!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you off to bed or is there basket full of shitty knickers to wash?
All is well. Miss '3' went before she went to bed.

Nighty night!
Same to you, mate.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Please tell me how I deserved this?? It was totally inappropriate and has made me feel extremely sad during this time of distress!! I do hope that one of the Mods reads it and actions it accordingly.

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.