Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List 3 things which really annoy you....

Wikiposts

List 3 things which really annoy you....

Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: List 3 things which really annoy you....

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
We just LOVE annoying everyone!
And why do old people go shopping on Saturday? Can't they go mid-week when everyone's at work?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:21 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
And why do old people go shopping on Saturday? Can't they go mid-week when everyone's at work?
and why do they all use loose change all the time - even when paying for about $40 worth of shopping?
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:59 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Feel like a rant so may as well revive this thread.....

1. People who stand still on travelators (or whatever those moving ramp things in airports/shopping malls are called).
2. People who pronounce 'issue' as 'iss-sue'
3. I have also taken against that freakishly cheerful carpenter on Better Homes & Gardens.

Yes, I know I need to get a life.....
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peepster
Feel like a rant so may as well revive this thread.....

1. People who stand still on travelators (or whatever those moving ramp things in airports/shopping malls are called).
2. People who pronounce 'issue' as 'iss-sue'
3. I have also taken against that freakishly cheerful carpenter on Better Homes & Gardens.

Yes, I know I need to get a life.....
lmao! Anyway, on a serious note...

I got into a row with some woman on a travelator.. in Gatwick.. the silly cow didn't pull off her luggage... then about 8 people went arse over elbow because of it, all falling straight over her luggage sitting there whilst she looked on bemused.. I managed to "hurdle jump" her luggage cases and pulled over my 2 kids in one swift movement... then some woman behind me hurdle jumped and pulled the same cases to one side.. .when I said to the woman (who causes the problems) Jasus! you need to move the bloody cases woman! (she was standing like a dozy bird to one side).. she told me to sharply "shut up"... hmmmm... you can say that I told her "her fortune"! The woman who moved the cases for her was bleeding badly.. the cases woman then wheeled her cases off without a bye or leave to anyone.. we all stood around scratching our heads... and then fetched a medic for the poor woman who saved the day who was bleeding to death (ok.. not actually, but blood was pouring down her legs)...

Anyway.. I digress!

Em x
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Driving in the UK:-

1. People who pull out in front of you from a side road then travel really slowly (like half the speed limit) and you can't overtake them. OAPs are the biggest culprits.

2. People who park on the road outside a cafe just to buy a paper when there are empty parking bays on both sides of the shop and across the road. This just sheer inconsideration for others.

3. People parking on the wrong side of the road i.e. parking against the traffic flow. This is now in the new Highway code, but who ever bothers reading that.

I could go on...
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Well here's mine!
1.When I'm shopping,particularly in clothes stores.i find the bargain rack and am looking at stuff alone.Within 2 minutes I am surrounded by other females,pushing in,trying to see what I'm looking at,for gods sake give me some space to shop in bloody peace!
2.Depressing people at work (colleaques).I'm usually quite chirpy at work.I figure its too draining being negative so go for the chirpy option instead!But that does'nt stop everyone else off loading onto me ruining my day!I might start charging people fee's for my councelling skills!!!!!
3.People on this forum discussing the UK and describing it as a "shithole".I've said this plenty of times before but its NOT a shithole where I live!So there!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Well here's mine!
2.Depressing people at work (colleaques).I'm usually quite chirpy at work.I figure its too draining being negative so go for the chirpy option instead!But that does'nt stop everyone else off loading onto me ruining my day!I might start charging people fee's for my councelling skills!!!!!
What I like about my role is that I work in an industry where people can think for themselves. They are either busy, or happy. Even when things are going wrong - it's just rectify and tell someone.

I can't remember the last time I worked in an office where everyone complained about a boss or their role, the last time anyone was disfunctional or plain weird..

I sometimes forget this and realise that for some people their everyday work really is quite challenging on a personal level and that this colours everything.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:19 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Humidity.

People that rudely interupt when you are trying to tell someone something - and then you don't get to finish

Some B.E posters.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Humidity.

People that rudely interupt when you are trying to tell someone something - and then you don't get to finish

Some B.E posters.
Please be more specific. That is such a generalization!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Please be more specific. That is such a generalization!

How the heck do you ditch the post count and join date Al? Do you have to be a premium member or sumfink?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoons - smash their cars and do it now, take away their permits and burn their testicles/beavers and serve them with some Pedigree Chum.

People that drive over the blood alcohol limit - see above.

Those that own dogs and never leash them and say 'Oh hes not good with other dogs' and then let them go for yours, if it isnt good with other dogs then put the bastard on a leash. See above for testicle ripping.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

1 people you can smell coming before you see them – I don’t mean those who don’t wash – I can put up with BO. I mean those who think perfumes are for bathing in – when will these people understand I do not wish to smell their perfume from 20 feet away. Lord knows how they don’t pass out with through the smell.

2 tradesmen / service engineers who come out to price up a job and then never get back to you with the quote despite having followed them up with a phone call – obviously don’t need the work

3 Prospective employers who tell me they didn’t give me the job because they thought I would be bored. WTF – they talk as if being at home all day is a barrel of laughs – I must be going wrong somewhere because there ain't no barrel here. (Okay I have only had two say this during the past month but by far the more I think about it the more it has become my greatest annoyance)

Mx
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How the heck do you ditch the post count and join date Al? Do you have to be a premium member or sumfink?

Ah! I knew it was me! Yep just become a premium member and you can have an animated avatar too!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Ah! I knew it was me! Yep just become a premium member and you can have an animated avatar too!
So how come yours is still boring & still?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
So how come yours is still boring & still?
It's all in the mesmeric eyes. Watch the eyes closely they're hypnotic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.