Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List 3 things which really annoy you....

List 3 things which really annoy you....

Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List 3 things which really annoy you....

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
lol

My 10 year old is the cheekiest boy i have ever known - the arguments i have are something similar to what you would expect from a 15 year old

He has an answer for everything, and then ends with a 'yeah whatever' and slams the door.

Thing is he is the same height as me now bar a cm! I'm only 5'2, he's bloody huge for his age.

God help me
I have an 11 year girl like that. She is also way taller than me. She is 5ft 4in and I am just under 5ft. Hormonal hell is what it is, I am sure boys are no different.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:31 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have an 11 year girl like that. She is also way taller than me. She is 5ft 4in and I am just under 5ft. Hormonal hell is what it is, I am sure boys are no different.
Yip, hormonal hell indeed.

Thing is my 6 year old boy picks up on the cheek and tries to ape his brother, so i expect him to start at about 9!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:39 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yip, hormonal hell indeed.

Thing is my 6 year old boy picks up on the cheek and tries to ape his brother, so i expect him to start at about 9!
yep my almost 7 year old does the same. you have the male version of my hell!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

My just turned 5 year old is just like her 12 and 15 year old sisters at times.It is nice to know I am not aloneSue.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Stockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to all

1. Things that beep.
If you can't tell there's a truck backing towards you without a beeping noise to clue you in, then you aren't going to be that big a loss to the planet if it squishes you. Likewise, I should be able to fill my car up with petrol without being electronically screeched at 55 times in the process.

2. Sticky labels on products that can't be removed without damaging the product.
I've had to return things to the shop because the sticky residue from the price sticker wouldn't come off. And while I suppose there are people who care who grew the tomato they just bought, I don't see why we should pander to them.

3. Corporate radio stations that won't play blues music unless it's a cover version by a white musician.
News flash! Eric Clapton did not invent blues music.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by petensue
My just turned 5 year old is just like her 12 and 15 year old sisters at times.It is nice to know I am not aloneSue.
Sometimes I look at them both and wonder if I actually gave birth to them! They are even chancing it with their Dad these days which doesn't bode well for a harmonious household over the next few years. So no, you are most deffo not alone

It is school report time in a week and both of them are behaving reasonably well just now because they have lots of threats hanging over them
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:36 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stockton
3. Corporate radio stations that won't play blues music unless it's a cover version by a white musician.
News flash! Eric Clapton did not invent blues music.
...and he certainly ain't no god!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I look at them both and wonder if I actually gave birth to them! They are even chancing it with their Dad these days which doesn't bode well for a harmonious household over the next few years. So no, you are most deffo not alone

It is school report time in a week and both of them are behaving reasonably well just now because they have lots of threats hanging over them
I love the bit about wondering if you gave birth to them,I do that also
My oldest is like her Dad but they really don't get on at the moment and I tend to have to keep the peace!

My youngest also hears the music they listen to and was sining Hush now shut your lips to anyone who would listen at the shops yesterday.It is lucky she can't understand the words of System Of A DownSue.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:58 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:38 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Well, it's bloody Monday again, how depressing so heres another thing which gets my goat:

It's people who don't observe what I'll call Service Station Etiquette, i.e. you know when you're queuing for the petrol pumps, and the person in front finishes paying, gets back in their car and then just bloody sits there fannying around, maybe having a drink, a chat whatever. It's bloody outrageous - it's like it doesn't occur to them that there are people waiting to fill up behind them, the bastards.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Peepster
Well, it's bloody Monday again, how depressing so heres another thing which gets my goat:

It's people who don't observe what I'll call Service Station Etiquette, i.e. you know when you're queuing for the petrol pumps, and the person in front finishes paying, gets back in their car and then just bloody sits there fannying around, maybe having a drink, a chat whatever. It's bloody outrageous - it's like it doesn't occur to them that there are people waiting to fill up behind them, the bastards.
That one really gets on my goat too Peepster Another thing that really annoys me is when i hold a door open for someone, ie in a shop and they don't say thank you, they just barge straight through i think that's so rude
Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:25 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster

I often fill up and move the car away from the pump so as to allow the next in line to pull up. I'm told that's illegal!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
I often fill up and move the car away from the pump so as to allow the next in line to pull up. I'm told that's illegal!
Not in this state. It's just illegal to leave the station.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do a lot (and I mean a LOT) of women have to rearrange their purse/handbag after going through a checkout but before removing their bags.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Why do a lot (and I mean a LOT) of women have to rearrange their purse/handbag after going through a checkout but before removing their bags.
We just LOVE annoying everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.