Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

So how you doing?
I ain't bad, not up to all that much, we've just had about three days of solid snow, and if finally stopped, which was nice...supposed to get some more later, not looking forward to that.

Not much has changed, still looking for a job, still lounging about, not seen much of the usual suspects like Bix and greyling...the pub thread had to get split off into a new thread as the old one was slowing the site down it was so huge
Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So how you doing?
I ain't bad, not up to all that much, we've just had about three days of solid snow, and if finally stopped, which was nice...supposed to get some more later, not looking forward to that.

Not much has changed, still looking for a job, still lounging about, not seen much of the usual suspects like Bix and greyling...the pub thread had to get split off into a new thread as the old one was slowing the site down it was so huge
ha ha, lol!

No, I guess you can get sick of snow, just like you can get sick of hot weather and no rain!
Luckily it's not to bad this weekend, and very maybe a small shower today...
But later in the week it'll be 37C again..!!

A bit bored with my job(receptionist), but at least I have one, and people are nice, and I've just got permanent, so I'll stick it out for a while yet, and keep my eye out for something better/more what I studied for (facilities management).
Everything's fine for the rest.

Good luck with the job hunting!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So type of place are you working at?
Can be a bit of a pain trying to get a job more what you'd studied or whatever when moving abroad ain't it...but I'd settle for anything, something different to do really, but such is life, something will have to come along soon or later

So you got any plans for valentines? and that a big thing in Oz?
Old Feb 12th 2005, 6:40 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hi all

Just thought I'd pop in & say Hello.

Bob, I envy your snow - love the stuff.

Simone, hope things are OK with your work & that your career starts to look up soon.

We've been celebrating 6 months here in Oz. I still keep waking up thinking 'OMG, I'm in Oz!!' - I wonder when that feeling will subside? Oddly enough, I've never had it in any country I've lived in before.

Anyway, have fun all - and A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Oddly enough, I've never had it in any country I've lived in before.
So the sun has made Mark shine in Aus ?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So type of place are you working at?
Can be a bit of a pain trying to get a job more what you'd studied or whatever when moving abroad ain't it...but I'd settle for anything, something different to do really, but such is life, something will have to come along soon or later

Working at a laboratory who analyse samples(usually from mines) from all over the world, though mainly Australia and Afrika.
It's quite an interesting company, but the work is mainly doing the mail and answering the phones, with some extra stuff thrown in sometimes though. And at least I have internet access

Thanks Anya!
Now, you know we were talking about bra's on here a while ago, and I was saying Target has big sizes, well, I've looked a bit more, and yep, it's only the sports bra's in the big sizes(and not the really big sizes), and for the rest they're hard to find.
So, just wanted to say, you were definetly right about that!

Btw, we've been here 7 months on Tuesday!
And it's exactly a year since Pascal got his visa in Berlin, madness, time flys!!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:43 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Bob
Nah, not really into that anymore.
It's quite big here, probably same as UK I think...

Pascal probably has to work late
And I don't want any presents, cos we've been spending enough lately(setting up here, bikes, guitar, holiday, garden stuff today!) It's about time we started saving, so we can buy a house in a year or two!!

You doing anything?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's not a case of The St.Valentines Day Massacre........cos our container is due to reach us.
17 weeks since we saw our stuff.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Bix
I hope it's not a case of The St.Valentines Day Massacre........cos our container is due to reach us.
17 weeks since we saw our stuff.
Ohhh, cool! Exciting!

Fingers crossed!!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Hi Simone.
So life in Perth is still treating you good ?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Simone.
So life in Perth is still treating you good ?
Yep, it's all good

And you seem to be having fun in the tropical north?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Indeed it is so.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
But I aint in Rome so can do what I like
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Bix
Indeed it is so.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
But I aint in Rome so can do what I like
lol

Hey, what are you doing up so late??!

It's 11.30 here, I'm off to bed! Must be middle of the night in QLD?

seeya!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Aye, it's 1.33am here.
Better turn in too.

Night.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Bob, I envy your snow - love the stuff.
you can have it, there's plenty spare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.