Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:33 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi m8.

It's interesting, it's different, it's hard work......erm.....must contain myself.......it's everything I hoped for so far.
good on ya, keep up the good work
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:57 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all.

Sombre mood today as I have just driven past a murder site. Possibly beats driving past a body as I've been doing all week, but not by much. I work less than a mile away from where they found the body of poor Sally Geeson, the student who went missing on New Year's Eve. And I happened to be stuck in my car on the small country lane blocked by police as they discovered her body feet away from my car. Poor kid, poor twin, poor family
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:05 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Morning all.
Sombre mood today as I have just driven past a murder site. Possibly beats driving past a body as I've been doing all week, but not by much. I work less than a mile away from where they found the body of poor Sally Geeson, the student who went missing on New Year's Eve. And I happened to be stuck in my car on the small country lane blocked by police as they discovered her body feet away from my car. Poor kid, poor twin, poor family
First thing that flashed into my mind was that your post sounded like the beginnings of an "Inspector Morse" episode. Small country land blocked by police who had just discovered the body of a young forensic student who went missing on New Year's eve in Cambidgeshire, except in Morse it would have been Oxford. Same thing to us Americans As you can tell, I am a huge fan .
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:15 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desdemona
First thing that flashed into my mind was that your post sounded like the beginnings of an "Inspector Morse" episode. Small country land blocked by police who had just discovered the body of a young forensic student who went missing on New Year's eve in Cambidgeshire, except in Morse it would have been Oxford. Same thing to us Americans As you can tell, I am a huge fan .

Yeah, the sad irony of her being a forensics student. It's a really creepy place too, the wood where she was found and the little road that passes it. Poor kid - not the nicest place to end up.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the sad irony of her being a forensics student. It's a really creepy place too, the wood where she was found and the little road that passes it. Poor kid - not the nicest place to end up.
Hi Bundy

Not nice that business is it?

G
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh
That's terrible. Becomes much more real when you're actually there too I guess.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:12 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

I too was struck by the irony of her being forensics student. Poor thing, I wonder what happened. I hope I didn't come across as flippant but witnessing something like that can haunt you for several days. Two couples (all seniors) crossing the street opposite our house to get to a Diner next to our house to have dinner, were knocked down by drunk driver some weeks ago. And one of the old men was unconcious and lying like a rag doll on the middle of the road. Hubby took blankets out to keep them warm. The old gentleman died two days later and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days on end. Such things are sad, even when you don't know the people concerned
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:59 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274661
A thread for you Bundy!
And anyone else who is interested in/loves outback Australia!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:18 pm
She's a bird, you know

Morning folks....

Yes, it was a bad business and still is. I can't get my head around the fact that the poor girl was lying there within yards of the road and we all drove backwards and forwards past her this week. Sort of feel bad about that, like we all let her down.

I wonder how many murder victims are awarded a posthumous forensics degree? It is certainly a sad irony.

You hear about murders and you might think them sad at the time, but it's a weird feeling when you've seen the victim about a lot, smiled at her in the supermarket, walked past her when visiting friends who live nearby, cycled past the place where she vanished at the time she disappeared and spent a week driving past her body. What's more, we know a lot of the squaddies from the barracks where the (alleged, but let's face it, setting yourself on fire and jumping out of a seventh floor window has to look like an admission of guilt) murderer came from, not to mention a lot of the students who attended Sally's university. Cambridge is a small place, in size and temprament, and something like this does seem to have affected everyone. The new term starts in the next few days and there's a sombre mood about.

Anyway, we went to lay flowers at the spot, from all of us who work here. It's a tiny village and where I work forms a huge part of the community so it felt like the right thing to do somehow. The road is open again now and there's nothing else to see but these bunches of flowers. Don't think any of us lot here will forget this whole thing in a hurry though.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone around?

G
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:04 am
toocheeky

Me!! Although technically Im not 'a round'........more 'pear shaped' actually!!!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Anyone around?

G

Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by toocheeky
Me!! Although technically Im not 'a round'........more 'pear shaped' actually!!!
You said it

G
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Yep.

Still sorting holiday pics out..

Feel a bit guilty for having such a great holiday, with all these bad things happening (tsunami, bundymum, fires, murder, etc..).
But I guess life does go on. Still feels stupid though.
Pascal and I are going to be fosterparents, about time too.
My dad's probably going to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks to rebuild a dam and a guesthouse as a volunteer of course. I'm very proud of him.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:07 am
toocheeky

Are you 'a round' G??

Originally Posted by Grayling
You said it

G

Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:08 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Simone
Yep.

Still sorting holiday pics out..

Feel a bit guilty for having such a great holiday, with all these bad things happening (tsunami, bundymum, fires, murder, etc..).
But I guess life does go on. Still feels stupid though.
Pascal and I are going to be fosterparents, about time too.
My dad's probably going to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks to rebuild a dam and a guesthouse as a volunteer of course. I'm very proud of him.
I wondered where you had got to

Are you back in the swing of work now then?

Are you going to post your pictures?

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.