View Poll Results: Which 4 Stroke Under $500?
Rover
0%
Victa
64.71%
Masport
0%
Other
29.41%
I've Picked Too Many Poll Options
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Lawn Mowers

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 5:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawn Mowers

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Well, I bought a $300 Rover and a couple of second-hand $100 specials in the 6 years we've been here and I think this one will last a bit longer than the others.

Oh, I get it, 'cut above average'

A permanent borrow is it?
not a chance.
i decided to wash the driveway instead
they have the pressure washer too
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:56 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I'm sure you dont really care - BUT... my attempts to revive my mower with a carby rebuild were unsuccessful. It went back together beautifully - but still wont start...

So I guess that means theres a "Spares or Repair" going on eBay soon - probably get $20 for it and someone with ability will fix it in 10 minutes and sell it for $100.... good luck to them.

Now - how do I tell the wife that instead of putting money on a deposit for a trip to Fiji for our 10yr anniversary next year, we have to spend it on a new f*&king lawn mower? ...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:19 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I'm sure you dont really care - BUT... my attempts to revive my mower with a carby rebuild were unsuccessful. It went back together beautifully - but still wont start...

So I guess that means theres a "Spares or Repair" going on eBay soon - probably get $20 for it and someone with ability will fix it in 10 minutes and sell it for $100.... good luck to them.

Now - how do I tell the wife that instead of putting money on a deposit for a trip to Fiji for our 10yr anniversary next year, we have to spend it on a new f*&king lawn mower? ...
Of course we care, well, I do anyway.

Do you want a whipper snipper that I bought years ago and have never managed to start?

(OH issue) Have a 'new mower' budget and spend the last $50 on her
Old Oct 24th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a Talon Tough Tools AM3030 4 stroke mower (2yr old) off of eBay at the weekend. Does a very good job.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:36 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Bought a Talon Tough Tools AM3030 4 stroke mower (2yr old) off of eBay at the weekend. Does a very good job.
I had one of those (new) a couple of years ago. It cut brillliantly - right up to the point where it died a horrible unrepairable death 12 months later. Since all the mower repair shops looked at me and laughed when I said I had a "Talon", I vowed never to get another Talon mower..

Still - good luck with your eBay mower!