View Poll Results: Which 4 Stroke Under $500?
Rover
0%
Victa
64.71%
Masport
0%
Other
29.41%
I've Picked Too Many Poll Options
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Lawn Mowers

Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:44 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawn Mowers

Originally Posted by lesleys
I was going to tell you that Masters have a mower with a Honda engine for $498, but I won't bother now.
Ta for the thought anyway
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.deere.com/en_AU/catalogue...6x500_01082011

john deere JS26
$499 at the mo. i just bought one
best mower i have ever used
it performs that well 6 members of the john deere store in nerang have bought one
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:19 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
http://www.deere.com/en_AU/catalogue...6x500_01082011

john deere JS26
$499 at the mo. i just bought one
best mower i have ever used
it performs that well 6 members of the john deere store in nerang have bought one
I hadn't considered John Deere, the OH wanted a plastic catcher so I would have ruled that model out.

Good to hear there are other decent options out there ...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I hadn't considered John Deere, the OH wanted a plastic catcher so I would have ruled that model out.

the catchers sitting in the shed. it mulches
after three cuts my grass is at least twice as thick
i now enjoy cutting the grass. just got to get a stubby holder attached
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

the catchers sitting in the shed. it mulches
after three cuts my grass is at least twice as thick
i now enjoy cutting the grass. just got to get a stubby holder attached
Sounds like everyone is a winner
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Sounds like everyone is a winner
its that good on fathers day pauline cut the grass. i took a photo and stuck it on FB

have you tested yir new mower yet?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

its that good on fathers day pauline cut the grass. i took a photo and stuck it on FB

have you tested yir new mower yet?
Sounds like a fair Fathers Day deal

I have not fired the beast up yet, I have a big hole to continue to dig in preparation for a new 20,000L water tank and that's taking priority. Mowing is pencilled in for tomorrow.

I could hire something mechanical to do the digging but where is the back-breaking fun in that?

Being time-rich and money poor it makes sense to put my body on the line, what is left of it ...
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:09 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

t...after three cuts my grass is at least twice as thick...
Your tone suggests this is a good thing - but in my experience thicker more lustrous grass is harder work to mow and requires mowing more frequently.

Isnt that a significant 'disbenefit' of your mulching strategy?

(Once again the astroturf alternative wins HUGELY on this count!)
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:10 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Imagine the rhyming slang jokes. Off to the shed to be with a John Deere.

Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Lawn Mowers

We have a Victa 2 stroke. Noisy as hell but plenty of grunt and it does the job.

Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We have a Victa 2 stroke. Noisy as hell but plenty of grunt and it does the job.

Are 2 strokes better than 4? I'm a mowing novice.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:26 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by IvanM
Imagine the rhyming slang jokes. Off to the shed to be with a John Deere.
4 strokes or two?

Sounds like the wife.

<Ducks>
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2-stroke - works well in conjunction with Redtube or Youjizz
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:52 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Lawn Mowers

Originally Posted by spartacus
Are 2 strokes better than 4? I'm a mowing novice.
I have no idea. All I know is that 2 strokes are virtually indestructible and cheap/easy to repair in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:04 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

...cheap/easy to repair ...
Jury is still out on that theory - but I'll let you know how I go with my project - probably this coming weekend!

If I can revive my dead mower - then the theory is absolutely proven - I'm a completely inept mechanic and if I can succesfully rebuild a carburetta then any 4 year old could probably manage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.