Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the same?

This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the same?

Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the sam

Because most don't know any better?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the sam

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Because most don't know any better?
Pretty spot on!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

australiamaybe is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly, it is from ignorance and it is the same everywhere. I was once driving through the US and chatting to some locals and without a word of lie they thought England was in London and had never heard of Scotland. Whilst they were very friendly and welcoming with their narrow minded pride you watched your ps and qs it is exactly the same in small town UK or Australia.

People often move on the mistaken belief that it will be different but no it is the same.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Just carrying on the convo from where I left off.My kids were 9 and 11 when we moved to the UK,we've been back to Oz for holidays ect,so yes they know the difference!Whereas alot of aussies don't!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Have to say this post is pretty annoying, no wonder the english are lablelled as whinging poms, ffs.
If English people showed the same pride in their country then perhaps we wouldn't be moving out of there in droves!
This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Ex Poms
its pretty simple really, you got 2 choices, Instead of moaning and whinging about how shit/annoying/different it is here, buggar of back to the UK
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Have to say this post is pretty annoying, no wonder the english are lablelled as whinging poms, ffs.
If English people showed the same pride in their country then perhaps we wouldn't be moving out of there in droves!
This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Ex Poms
its pretty simple really, you got 2 choices, Instead of moaning and whinging about how shit/annoying/different it is here, buggar of back to the UK
Moaning about moaning. Classic post.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by australiamaybe
The Australians express an over bearing pride in their country the Scottish have an over bearing pride in some false notion that they are something special.
So, let me get this straight, bearing in mind you have told us that you are Scottish, you have just said you have an overbearing pride in the false notion that you are special. Interesting admission.
I haven't met every scot or aussie in the world so I couldn't possibly make such a gross sweeping generalisation.
But I would have thought everyone is unique and therefore has something a little bit special about them.

I agree with Seanandmaria - if you don't like the natives being proud of their country bugger off back where you came from. Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. It is their country and they are entitled to feel however they want about it. As long as they dont start shooting and torturing people on the basis that they are not Australian what harm can it do?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
I had hoped the next post would be someone moaning about the poster moaning about moaning. Hopefully that will follow
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I had hoped the next post would be someone moaning about the poster moaning about moaning. Hopefully that will follow
People laughing about people moaning about moaning.

Will that suffice?

Last edited by spartacus; Mar 15th 2009 at 11:41 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
People laughing about people moaning about moaning.

Will that sufuce?
I prefer to laugh at spelling mistakes
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to laugh at spelling mistakes
wha?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scotdownunder

I agree with Seanandmaria - if you don't like the natives being proud of their country bugger off back where you came from. Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. It is their country and they are entitled to feel however they want about it.
I thought this was an expat board not a BNP rally?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Meta moaning.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was an expat board not a BNP rally?
What is 'BNP rallyish' about saying if you don't like the country you are currently visiting feel free to go back to the one you came from? I'm applying this to all nationalities who are guests in another country.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
What is 'BNP rallyish' about saying if you don't like the country you are currently visiting feel free to go back to the one you came from? I'm applying this to all nationalities who are guests in another country.
"if you don't like the natives being proud of their country bugger off back where you came from."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.