Kids and booze

Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:24 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids and booze

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
please do....your knock knees and droopy skiddies are doing nothing for me
Originally Posted by sheene
thank god you didn't notice the skid marks.
errrrr I did
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:46 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
I tried to press the 'quote' button, but the computer said no. Anyway, that story appears fairly typical of the relationship many of us have had with alcohol, and isn't a problem. That p word starts to become serious when your habits affect others, or the habit controls you. The part of the OP story which really troubled me was the drink driving. Never have, never will. No grey area. You wan't to kill yourself? Please don't. You wan't to kill someone else whilst dunk and driving a car? Then you are a murdering bastard. And before anyone cries 'manslaughter' - you didn't get drunk accidentally, you didn't drive the car accidentally - it was pre-meditated.
I think the story is very typical, which is why I posted it. Drinking a lot doesn't necessarily mean one has a drink problem.

BTW the OP didn't mention drink-driving, another poster did. Think we need to make that clear.

Drink-driving I could never condone, and it amazes me how many people do it here. (I once drove on 3 drinks - long story but I had just decided to leave the car and my friend collapsed, had to follow the ambulance, panicked and thought I was OK, but with hindsight I was slightly less than sharp. Never did it again.)
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:55 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
BTW the OP didn't mention drink-driving, another poster did. Think we need to make that clear.
oops, sorry. I was sober when writing that, but was probably drunk when reading the OP.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

My sister is an alcoholic... She was done for drink driving... Unless she admits she has a problem and gets sober, permanantly, then she will end up dead soon..

Her whole life has been a series of major dramas and crisis... Most alcohol/drug induced or fueled... I realised she was an alcoholic about 15 years ago..

Unfortunately other people in the family werent helpful... It was always she's doing so well... She only has one glass, we wont stop having a bottle on the table at sunday lunch because we dont want her to feel pressure .... It wont hurt her to have one drink if she wants one its christmas....

Yes, but note the absence of any sloe gin this christmas because the bitch stole the three bottles I made when she was baby sitting my 3 children under five for a couple of hours... Filled them up with water thinking I wouldnt know... But a, she was under the influence, b, she only had a small purse with her and c, it was the only alcohol in the fricking house.

Yeah. Dont worry about her having a glass of wine at sundaylunch, she had half a bottle of vodka before 1000 so she wont need it....

Used to have a LOT of time for addicts... Of any substance.... Now I have 12,000 miles between us... And very little sympathy left...

You dont know who the "suspectable to alcoholism" people are.... But It runs in my family... First cousin with same illness but he is sober and has been for a number of years....

When I'm under stress I dont drink at all.... I go weeks without even a single beer... If I feel like I NEED a drink, I just stop.....
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
When I'm under stress I dont drink at all.... I go weeks without even a single beer... If I feel like I NEED a drink, I just stop.....
It's funny isn't it - I tend to be the same. I'll often talk about "damn I need a drink", or joke "is it any wonder I drink?" but I hardly ever do it at times of stress. Self-preservation instinct kicks in, perhaps.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
It's funny isn't it - I tend to be the same. I'll often talk about "damn I need a drink", or joke "is it any wonder I drink?" but I hardly ever do it at times of stress. Self-preservation instinct kicks in, perhaps.
Self preservation instincts and knowledge that "There but by the grace of God go I"

I know some peeps think I drink too much/often... I mean.. IMAGINE... A bottle of Little Creatures Bright Ale at 7.30 on a Monday morning??? Shocking... But that'll be when I get home from a night shift... Most peoples equivilant to a relaxing beer with dinner at night...

I DID, about 8 weeks ago, come home from work so distressed I hit a bottle of cointreau HARD.... I had phoned HIM first despararte for him to come home from work because I was distraught... But it wasnt happening... That was when I decided it was time for me to resign...

Scared the living crap out of me.. Never done that before and will NEVER do it again....
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

phwar!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
23 is hardly a kid. Why are you lecturing him? Now, if he were 13 that would be different...At 23 he's a grown up. Would you have listened to your mother lecturing you at 23? I know if my mother tried lecturing me about how I lived my life at 23 I would have had to tell her to take a long walk off a short pier.
Exactly. At 23 I was married with 2 kids
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

at 23 i still expected guidance from my parents.
I still try my best to set my kids in the right direction even though my youngest is 23.

i hate to watch my kids drunk.

they are not the people i know!

i still struggle keeping my anger in when i see them doing something that i think is wrong for them.
but i have learned to be very cunning when guiding them.
the truth is most kids will do what they think is right for them at that time.
this lad might just like the feeling he gets when he kills off a bottle of wine for little cost.
it might be something else? as a parent its your duty to try and make sure hes doing it for the right reasons.
no child, adult or person is the same. so you will have a job on your hands getting to the bottom of it if there are reasons why hes drinking.
i always found it best for me to show(at all times) your concern.
you dont have to be nagging, just show that you wanna part of whats going on in their life.
a bottle of wine a day is a lot to me, but it might not be that much to him.

good luck

just a reminder to others about the age thing here
a lot say they were married or whatever at that age. pauline had 3 kids by the time she was 23.
when i had our first child at 19 im sure i had the mental age of a 12 year old.
for a while i still thought my pal were one of the most important things in my life.
pauline soon sorted that out lol

not all adults mentally mature at the same age!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soapy©
I still try my best to set my kids in the right direction even though my youngest is 23.

i still struggle keeping my anger in when i see them doing something that i think is wrong for them.
this lad might just like the feeling he gets when he kills off a bottle of wine for little cost.
it might be something else? as a parent its your duty to try and make sure hes doing it for the right reasons.
no child, adult or person is the same. so you will have a job on your hands getting to the bottom of it if there are reasons why hes drinking.
you dont have to be nagging, just show that you wanna part of whats going on in their life.

good luck

a lot say they were married or whatever at that age. pauline had 3 kids by the time she was 23.
for a while i still thought my pal were one of the most important things in my life.

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:49 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

good luck

.....and you still have the mental age of a 12 year old
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

.....and you still have the mental age of a 12 year old
Thats kind of you:sunglasses:

i thought he had regressed .....
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
Thats kind of you:sunglasses:

i thought he had regressed .....
no....he's progressed:sunglasses:

It used to be a 5 year old
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

nope i'm 14 now
just started masturbating
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:58 am

nope i'm 14 now
just started masturbating

TMI mate, TMI

you'll go blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.