Kids and booze

Old Nov 19th 2011, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Default Kids and booze

Do any of you BE's have problems with your kids and booze (that you know of, that is)? My youngest son is 23 and thinks nothing of drinking a bottle of red wine to himself, despite my lecturing.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids and booze

Originally Posted by sammax
Do any of you BE's have problems with your kids and booze (that you know of, that is)? My youngest son is 23 and thinks nothing of drinking a bottle of red wine to himself, despite my lecturing.
Trouble is, the more you go on, the more he will probably think "I'm 23 and invincible I can do what I like." It's a toughy. I know that even at my age (over a decade older) if my Dad were to mention it, I'd be thinking the same. However, he has a better social life than me and not a leg to stand on.

Having thought early years parenting was tough, I am realising that older years may be tougher!

Good luck and I hope someone with older kids has better advice than my wittering...........
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:18 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

no. so long as he's not into drugs, killing old ladies, puppies and babies he's all good.

Give him your cheap red cooking wine.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but livers don't like too much long term alcohol. And 95% of violent crime is due to alcohol not drugs etc. (apparently)..... http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/c...p/1-10/04.aspx

Last edited by itigo; Nov 19th 2011 at 6:23 am. Reason: wanted something to back up my claim.....
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:33 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

i spent most of my 20's with a pickled liver. I grew out of it it didn't do any long term damage. I wish kids today drank instead of taking e's and drugs. The most I had was spewing up in the road or bedroom wardrobe and coping with the mother next day soon sobered me up

If he's only drinking weekends he's ok. If he's drinking all the time you need to worry
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:43 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the warning signs are if he can't do without it, or if he is drinking alone - then it would be worrying. We need to get away from this 'drinking is fine, drugs are not' - alcohol is a drug and in excess causes untold damage physically and mentally to oneself, along with horrendous problems in the home and on the streets. A&E on a Saturday night is a great place to see the consequences, or try dealing with the effects of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
I think the warning signs are if he can't do without it, or if he is drinking alone - then it would be worrying. We need to get away from this 'drinking is fine, drugs are not' - alcohol is a drug and in excess causes untold damage physically and mentally to oneself, along with horrendous problems in the home and on the streets. A&E on a Saturday night is a great place to see the consequences, or try dealing with the effects of fetal alcohol syndrome.
I drink alone, why is that a worry?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
It is listed as one of the symptoms of becoming an alcoholic - but that doesn't mean that if you drink alone you will become one, just another pointer if there is a worry.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 7:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I drink alone
:sunglasses: Just reminded me of George.....

Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:02 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im on my own drinking a bottle of beer right now as I type, actually its finished so I might get another one.

What are you drinking NB?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Im on my own drinking a bottle of beer right now as I type, actually its finished so I might get another one.

What are you drinking NB?
Nice glass of Howling Wolves White Shiraz. Husband out mowing the lawn, one daughter out with friends, the other out on her bike up and down the street. Cheers!!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

23 is hardly a kid. Why are you lecturing him? Now, if he were 13 that would be different...At 23 he's a grown up. Would you have listened to your mother lecturing you at 23? I know if my mother tried lecturing me about how I lived my life at 23 I would have had to tell her to take a long walk off a short pier.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
23 is hardly a kid. Why are you lecturing him? Now, if he were 13 that would be different...At 23 he's a grown up. Would you have listened to your mother lecturing you at 23? I know if my mother tried lecturing me about how I lived my life at 23 I would have had to tell her to take a long walk off a short pier.
You never stop being a parent though, and caring, and worrying. Agreed, lecturing is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but when you see a loved one going down a road that you feel is dangerous, it is hard not to say something?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:50 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on! :sunglasses:
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

I'll second that, at 23 I was married and if my parents had tried to tell me about my drinking the would have been told to keep their beaks out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.