Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:47 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Got email from ASPC today. They recieved application 4th June (136 MODL/nurse) and will acknowledge it in 6weeks. Oh yeah, and im $1990 lighter!
HUGE CONGRATS!!!

That's great news! I think you're officially the first 136 Juneie to get your receipt & lose your $1990!! Fantastic! Keep us posted on the acknowledgement and fingers crossed you get it in 6 weeks.

Last edited by FoxyRuthie; Jun 20th 2007 at 8:47 am. Reason: Spelling!!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
HUGE CONGRATS!!!

That's great news! I think you're officially the first 136 Juneie to get your receipt & lose your $1990!! Fantastic! Keep us posted on the acknowledgement and fingers crossed you get it in 6 weeks.

Thanks very much. I sure will
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Thanks very much. I sure will
Well done! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Well done! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!
Fingers are tightly crossed. Im sure DIAC wont be long getting it sorted

Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone, isnt it all exciting now, we can all add our names to one of these monthly sent application threads that we have been looking at for so long wishing it was us!!

Im Carley, 27, married to Andy 32, (carpenter) with Anya nearly 3 and Ryder about to turn 1. We sent ours with DHL on 6/6/07 and was signed for on 12/06. Done ours alone without agent. Sent for police checks about 4wks ago, not sure what to do about meds though, should we wait for a ref.number, case officer, until requested or do now without any?

We are going to Brisbane, well 1 hour north on sunshine coast, not sure exactly, but around maroochydore/Mooloolaba/Buderim. We are sorting last bits with the house so ready to put on market, not sure if we should put it on in August or wait another month or so, whats everyone else going to do?

Has anyone looked into what they will do when they first arrive?(holiday let/accom)Ive heard it can take a long time(1-3months) to get a normal 6mth lett as apposed to buy (1 month), still not sure whats best.

Anyone want to chat, feel free to reply or pm, Carley
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi can we join in!
We have lodged our online visa application today. We are appyling for sponsored temporary, 457. I am a nurse moving to Perth.
We front loaded our PCC on 5th June and medicals 16th June.
We have got our house for sale.
I start my new job in Kalamunda, East Perth on 13th August 2007. So heres hoping it will not take too long!!!!

Lorraine
Old Jun 21st 2007, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi everyone, isnt it all exciting now, we can all add our names to one of these monthly sent application threads that we have been looking at for so long wishing it was us!!

Im Carley, 27, married to Andy 32, (carpenter) with Anya nearly 3 and Ryder about to turn 1. We sent ours with DHL on 6/6/07 and was signed for on 12/06. Done ours alone without agent. Sent for police checks about 4wks ago, not sure what to do about meds though, should we wait for a ref.number, case officer, until requested or do now without any?

We are going to Brisbane, well 1 hour north on sunshine coast, not sure exactly, but around maroochydore/Mooloolaba/Buderim. We are sorting last bits with the house so ready to put on market, not sure if we should put it on in August or wait another month or so, whats everyone else going to do?

Has anyone looked into what they will do when they first arrive?(holiday let/accom)Ive heard it can take a long time(1-3months) to get a normal 6mth lett as apposed to buy (1 month), still not sure whats best.

Anyone want to chat, feel free to reply or pm, Carley
Hi carley,
I've got a wee 3yr old Anya too and we're also heading to Brisbane! We've requested our PC but haven't had our medicals yet, I think we'll wait till we've got our acknowledgment through. We were also hoping to get our house on the market at the end of August but not really sure what to do as don't want to wait to get into autumn to put it on. decisions decisions decisions.

Keri
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:45 am

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hiya

I am so pleased to be on avisa application list now it does make you feel part of a club doesn't it! We're not planning on leaving until June next year so we're going to send for our PCC when we've had our receipt and book meds when we've got our acknowledgement and file reference number. We didn't want to get them done too early as they're only vaild for 12 months. We're hoping to sell our house March ish next year as we're busy saving up at the mo! We're hoping to buy as quickly as we can when we get to Cairns, does anyone have advice about best banks/building societies to go to for a mortgage? Preferably one that only requires you to have a 20% despoit and a job (i.e. not have to be in job for 3 months).

We're going for a reccie in 5 weeks and are really excited, makes it all very real! Really looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few weeks/months.

ps my cousin has just moved to an hour north of Brissy will find out where he is for you if you like.

xx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hello! My first post here so I thought I'd add myself to the list and get stressed with loads of people who are in the same boat

Sent off my application on June 11th - priority MODL subclass 136 (accountant - hangs head in embarrassment) and now the waiting begins...

I've not frontloaded meds etc as even if all goes well it would be a year from now before I'd be looking to move - current plan is to find a nice little flat in Melbourne. Its just me that's going - having a mid thirties crisis and need to shake up my humdrum existence!

Anyway, fingers crossed for all of us

Claire
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hello! My first post here so I thought I'd add myself to the list and get stressed with loads of people who are in the same boat

Sent off my application on June 11th - priority MODL subclass 136 (accountant - hangs head in embarrassment) and now the waiting begins...

I've not frontloaded meds etc as even if all goes well it would be a year from now before I'd be looking to move - current plan is to find a nice little flat in Melbourne. Its just me that's going - having a mid thirties crisis and need to shake up my humdrum existence!

Anyway, fingers crossed for all of us

Claire
Welcome to the forum Claire & welcome to the Juneies waiting line!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: June 07 visa applicants

Thanks

Forgot to add (since I've only posted once so can't PM Karen yet) that I didn't use an agent (I can fill forms out...)

I'm so excited that I've finally done this - got my skills assessment three years ago when I first started thinking about doing this, but then life in the UK got in the way. I don't think i'll believe what I've done until my credit card is $1990 lighter - at least reading this forum has stopped me from checking my balance every day so far

Claire
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks

Forgot to add (since I've only posted once so can't PM Karen yet) that I didn't use an agent (I can fill forms out...)

I'm so excited that I've finally done this - got my skills assessment three years ago when I first started thinking about doing this, but then life in the UK got in the way. I don't think i'll believe what I've done until my credit card is $1990 lighter - at least reading this forum has stopped me from checking my balance every day so far

Claire

I know your not a nurse, but my skills assessment is only valid for two years. Out of interest, did you get re-assessed or is it still valid? I cant decide between Melbourne or Perth or maybe Adelaide.

Last edited by adiestubbs; Jun 21st 2007 at 11:49 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi there

Valid for five eyars - I made sure I checked that!

Claire
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Years even - more haste, less speed....
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there

Valid for five eyars - I made sure I checked that!

Claire
Cool. After being on this site for a while, it does happen!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.