Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi all

As far as I can see no one has started one of these so I thought I'd get the ball rolling!

We sent our app off on June 1st by interparcel. It's apparently in Melbourne as I write this! We are a family of 5 (3 children- 5,3 and 1) hoping to go to Adelaide. We are applying for a 136 visa (modl) and are looking to go next summer.

We have never been to Aus before and sometimes I think we are crazy but what the hell!

Anybody else applying this month? (I've tried to fill in Karen Colebeck's spreadsheet but I couln't get it to work)
hi Mands, as you said to some one else, here we go again, we're waiting for agent to say all ready to go, he's had stuff a while now so shouldn't be long to send off to Aus. now and then we can get on June applicants. Was hoping for may but not to be, seems so long now since TRA in april. Would love to join spreadsheet asap!!! All best to every one, Babs
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

I am the keeper of the visa application spreadsheet so if you PM / email me your details (criteria as below), I will add you to the list

Good luck everyone.

Expats Username:
Headed for:
Date application sent:
Visa Type (specify if MODL/STNI/SIR):
Used an agent Y/N:
Meds front loaded/booked/done (date):
PCCs front loaded/sent for (date):

Karen xx

Last edited by TheColebecks; Jun 4th 2007 at 9:14 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

Originally Posted by cavysqueak
I sent my secondary teacher application off at the end of May & my agent has emailed me the confirmation today! Really excited! (What do you teach freckles1970? I'm a scientist!!)

I'm not frontloading any police checks or medicals, but that is due to personal circumstances - I can't be in a hurry to get out to Oz as I have too many debts here in the UK still! But had to apply before my 30th birthday!

Good luck to us all! May all of our applications miraculously appear at the top of every pile!
Hi both - I'm not a June 2007 applicant - just about to send off qualification assessment however I am a secondary English teacher and heading for Brisbane. Just sending my best wishes and I'll keep my eye out to see how you are getting on. Do you have employment yet, or are you waiting for the Visa before applying?
Good luck
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Additions to the spreadsheet made. Good luck everyone

Karen x

www.freewebs.com/britishexpats/jun07.htm
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:09 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hi all

We received our positive TRA back last week and am just waiting for a statement from OH's Dad and then we're sending off our 136 MODL visa app so should defo be joining you all on the June 07 list! Yippee! Can't wait to send it off! We're not sending PCCs or meds yet, gonna wait until we've had acknowledgement and receipt as we can't go until next June ish time so want to give ourselves some lee way.

Good luck to you all in getting everything off safely and to us all getting visas really quickly with no problems!
Oh yeah and I'll be using Interparcel coz they were fab with the TRA app.

xx
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Posted Visa Application to our Agent (Go Matilda) 1st Class recorded on 2nd of June 07 so hopefully it will be on its way down under soon, now the really long wait starts!!!

We are planning to go to Melbourne as we have lots of family there unless we can be tempted to Sydney by work or other family and freinds, we will have to wait and see.

Applying for a MODL 136 visa as Plumber/Supervisor Plumber.

Good luck Everyone
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

cavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nicecavysqueak is just really nice

Originally Posted by movin'on
Hi both - I'm not a June 2007 applicant - just about to send off qualification assessment however I am a secondary English teacher and heading for Brisbane. Just sending my best wishes and I'll keep my eye out to see how you are getting on. Do you have employment yet, or are you waiting for the Visa before applying?
Good luck
I haven't got any jobs lined up as I'm not sure when I'll be moving out to Oz. I've applied for the visa already as I needed to apply before I was 30, but I'll need to clear some debts before I can make the big move. At least I'll have the time to look at areas, jobs, etc & I won't have to sell my house before I know I've got the visa! I have I've worked with a couple of people from Oz though, so I have a chance of getting my 'foot in the door' when I need to (hopefully!!).

Good luck with your steps through the process!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Just received an acknowledgement e-mail. It lists the documentation still outstanding and the only thing they are waiting for is the medical, which should be on it's way to them.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:31 pm
skye

Add us two please!

Skye - EMD with Queensland Ambulance Service - sponsored 457 sent today online heading for Southport
The Pink Panther - Paramedic with Queensland Ambulance Service same visa application and base!!!

Not used an agent, Police checks and medicals frontloaded

Hopefully mid July!

Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all, sent off skilled ind. 136 modl general plumber off today via interparcel. TRA approved, no agent and nothing frontloaded. Hope to go to sydney if all goes well
Good luck to all
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Hi everbody just sent off my visa application away I'm applying for a 137 STNI to go to WA as a spark. hope thats right

regards the dooners
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Just received an acknowledgement e-mail. It lists the documentation still outstanding and the only thing they are waiting for is the medical, which should be on it's way to them.
Wow, thats unbelieveable you've got a co already! Best of Luck!

It's great to see everyone joining, good luck to us all
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Wow, thats unbelieveable you've got a co already! Best of Luck!

It's great to see everyone joining, good luck to us all
Well I presume she is our CO. The email says to address any correspondence to her
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

gillndavie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We are hoping to head to Perth area with our 4 sons, 19, 17, 15 & 10 as we have family there. OH is a Welder, was advised at the Skills Expo in Dublin Oct 06 that applying using the STNI 137 visa would be the quickest option for us. Not sure how accurate that one was

TRA assessment back, mid Feb 07. STNI approval 8th March and visa sent 29th May, received 4th June. PCC sent with application (what a relief) trying to keep 3 teenagers on the straight and narrow long enough They are delightful really!

It's good to see that others are going through the same as us, I swear I will be grey haired if we ever get there. Our next worry is when to put the house on the market. How long do you get after a visa is issued before you need to travel? As it would cost us a bob or two for a validation trip.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hi Karen can you please add us to your June list. Our lovely agent has just couriered off our application today. We're hoping to move to Brisbane, hubbby is going as a joiner and we've applied for 136 MODL, yep we've used an agent and no we haven't front loaded meds or PCC. We are currently renting a house. many thanks, Babs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.