Jade Goody

Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:34 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jade Goody

http://www.ovariancancerprogram.org.au/
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I just booked one this morning too. Haven't had one for nearly 3 years.... Nothing more important than your health.
It pushed me into booking my smear test yesterday.I also had my first mammogram done yesterday and it wasnt as bad as I thought.Just need to wait for results.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:48 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

that poor girl and her poor children. I was't a fan of hers but I wouldn't wish that on anyone
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Thank you for this link. Ive been to the docs a couple of times over the past year regarding some symtons similar to those mentioned in your link. Nothing sorted yet.

I'm back on Monday for an examination but will mention these symtoms again to the doc.

Thank you once again, its something I never thought about.

regards.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Well my friend is 23 and never had a smear so I am taking her to the doctors next week, we are both going for our appointments. My friend said she wasnt going to bother and then I told her about Jade, she wants me to go with her and thats fine - Ill get mine done afterwards.

Then in March its my mammogram.

Time to kick my own arse and forget my fears and take this seriously.
I'm nearly 23 and never had a smear... How old should you be to go?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Anyone woman has ever had sex should have one.
Tracie
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Anyone woman has ever had sex should have one.
Tracie
Oh, I guess I should go for one then. Naively I just assumed someone told you, like you get a letter through the post maybe...
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Oh, I guess I should go for one then. Naively I just assumed someone told you, like you get a letter through the post maybe...
In the UK they remind you when you are due again, think it was every 3 years from what I remember but over here they do them more regular and you go on a register to be reminded. At your age you could also have the Gardisil vacination to help protect against cervical cancer.
Tracie
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

By the time I was your age I'd already had pre-cancerous cells removed. Please go soon.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:34 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

in the UK it is 25 to 65 years of age

Under the age of 25 years, invasive cancer is extremely rare, but changes in the cervix are common. Although lesions treated in very young women may prevent cancers from developing many years later, the evidence1 suggests that screening could start at age 25. Lesions that are destined to progress will still be screen-detectable and those that would regress will no longer be a source of anxiety. Younger women will not have to undergo unnecessary investigations and treatments.

Any woman under 25 who is concerned about her risk of developing cervical cancer or her sexual health generally, should contact her GP or Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

regardless of what people think of this women in the media etc she is still a mother, and needs love and comfort at this time, no one knows what is going to happen , from reading the uk news she has taken a lot if stick in the uk from the media about still working, but as she has said she is trying to provide for the children if she isnt here.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seasider
By the time I was your age I'd already had pre-cancerous cells removed. Please go soon.
Sounds like you went at the right time. Hope everything is still ok

Originally Posted by asher
in the UK it is 25 to 65 years of age

Under the age of 25 years, invasive cancer is extremely rare, but changes in the cervix are common. Although lesions treated in very young women may prevent cancers from developing many years later, the evidence1 suggests that screening could start at age 25. Lesions that are destined to progress will still be screen-detectable and those that would regress will no longer be a source of anxiety. Younger women will not have to undergo unnecessary investigations and treatments.

Any woman under 25 who is concerned about her risk of developing cervical cancer or her sexual health generally, should contact her GP or Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic.

That's very helpful, thank you. Might call the doctors and ask if I can have one, just incase. I have a young son and I would hate to be in Jade Goody's position right now, doesn't bear thinking about.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:42 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

So mammograms

Whats the deal there? what age, why and when shoudl you have them?

I have never had one or ever had it suggested that I should do. I don't really check either (also since I have been bfeeding for FOUR years, I am not sure I would know what to look for)

If anyone has any good advice on the breast cancer checks and what to look for that would be good

I remember reading that the best way to check is to put a plastic bag over your hand then get some cream (now boys - dont get all hot and bothered) then push quite hard. The bag apparently stops the skin offering resistance and allows you to better feel for lumps. I suppose gloves would do the same.

My ex mil died and her lump was on her rib but it was breast cancer.

scary stuff
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hey listen i was 29 when i had my first smear and how stupid was that , it is a thing that has to be done, you never know what is lurking
And i hate that sort of thing i really really do
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:51 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are enough medical professionals on here to do a better job than me of telling you how to do a self-exam, but I would like to point out that mammograms are sometimes ineffective due to having dense breasts. You should have them but maybe ultrasound too.

Gawd, I'm sorry I sound like a "been there done that" but I had a couple of benign lumps out at 28 and I've had mammograms ever since; then a few years ago I started getting ultrasounds as well as they said my boobs are too dense to get a good screening by mammogram. (I reckon they're just not big enough to show up myself )

I had both done a couple of weeks ago - I've got some cysts Just waiting to see my doc to review the reports (I brought them from the hospital myself) but I've had needles stuck in them before and I really, really don't want it doing again.

Oh the joys of being a woman.

Good time to say to the men - cop a good feel of your bits every now and then too. You are not invincible either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.