Jade Goody

Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by 29palms
I am not been fuuny or rude but isnt it funny I bet every single person who jumps on the bandwagon of this were the ones who probably slagged her off when she was on tele and big Brother! Double Standards Again
I'm sure that is true to some extent, especially certain sections of the media. I feel sorry for her kids but finding it hard to feel any sympathy for Goody herself. I despise the sort of person she was and what she stood for..
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:15 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spilko
I'm sure that is true to some extent, especially certain sections of the media. I feel sorry for her kids but finding it hard to feel any sympathy for Goody herself. I despise the sort of person she was and what she stood for..
So you think that it is good that she is going to die then? Because of some of the things that she has said and done in the past that means that she deserves cancer does it?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I despise the sort of person she was and what she stood for..
What's with the past tense? Jade Goody's still alive...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Australia is pretty good with sending you for tests, I think thats because often you pay part of the bill and of course about 40% of the population have private insurance, it takes some financial pressure off medicare. Having said that the amount of tests some people get sent for has to raise the question how many do you have before its still safe.

Doctors operate like a private business here, sore throat, OK take these and come back for a check up, ching $$$.

Balance I guess.

On the Jade Goody topic, I see Elton John has offered her his castle !! for her wedding. Just thought it was a very nice gesture
Have to agree, I'm stunned at how many people regularly trot off for scans. Back in the UK its still a rarity, but in Aus they seem to have scans every five minutes, no matter what the complaint is.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 19th 2009 at 5:47 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

I think the whole thing is very sad, a tragedy for those involved and an eye opener for those of us on the outside.

Speaking as someone who lost a parent at a young age, my thoughts are with her friends and family, especially her kids. I (thank god) cannot even comprehend the thought that I would have to leave my kids.

If any good does come of this it will be that more young girls would have smear tests and realise the importance of them.

Lindsay x
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have to agree, I'm stunned at how many people regularly trot off for scans. Back in the UK its still a rarity, but in Aus they seem to have scans every five minutes, no matter what the complaint is.
Yehp... My daughter in the UK has a tale to tell in this respect. Lets just say at age 22... two years ago, it's good that she followed up on advice that she had in Aus. She really had to fight tooth and nail to get rescanned and treated in the UK. Luckily my wife pushed and pushed and pushed her from here.

I nearly posted a thread on the subject at the time, but being a bloke I thought better not.... Seeing as the subject has come up, I've raised up my hand.

She was very lucky they do all those tests routinely here, and it showed an abnormality that needed checking just before she left for the UK..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 19th 2009 at 9:04 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp... My daughter in the UK has a tale to tell in this respect. Lets just say at age 22... two years ago, it's good that she followed up on advice that she had in Aus. She really had to fight tooth and nail to get rescanned and treated in the UK. Luckily my wife pushed and pushed and pushed her from here.

I nearly posted a thread on the subject at the time, but being a bloke I thought better not.... Seeing as the subject has come up, I've raised up my hand.

She was very lucky they do all those tests routinely here, and it showed an abnormality that needed checking just before she left for the UK..
I'm glad things worked out for your daughter, i think unfortunately sometimes with the uk system unless you are pushy, if your case does not fit into a "typical" scenario, the GPs have a habit of dismissing you.

Sometimes pushy wifes have their advantages! (Though my hubby might disagree!)

Lindsay x
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:18 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I think, in the UK, it depends where you live. In Leeds they have teaching hospitals and, having needed them quite a lot over the years, I can honestly say I have had great and prompt treatment. After a pre-cancer scare at 21-ish I had smears every 6 months for a few years, and annually after that. After having breast lumps removed at 28-ish I had a mammogram every year. The women's hospital in particular tried to be very bright and welcoming, nice sofas in the waiting rooms, etc. (sounds unimportant but let's face it, NHS waiting rooms are usually quite awful and scary places).

Cross-referencing with a recent thread on dentists I have always come out of NHS hospitals infection-free, and 2/3 times out of private hospitals only to go back in for a 2nd op to clean me up - once in an ambulance.

Having had to use private healthcare exclusively in Singapore, yes it is amazing the scans and tests you can get within an hour of seeing your GP but man, do you pay for them. And breaking your wrist? Well I think we racked up nearly $30k on that one.

Here in Oz on a 457, it's much the same but takes a lot longer to get your results and my insurance strangely doesn't seem to cover most of them

Sorry for such a rambly tangent but I do feel the need to defend the good ole NHS, and being a sickly sort it's one of the few things about the UK that I miss. Actually, maybe the only thing...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:32 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
So you think that it is good that she is going to die then? Because of some of the things that she has said and done in the past that means that she deserves cancer does it?
I don't admire and have never admired Jade Goody. She is what she is and has marketed herself mostly on her ignorance and youth. However I do feel for her as a human being, who is a mother to very young children she will not see grow up and this is very sad for anyone to have to face. If she can raise awareness of CC to women who might previously have suffered the same fate then she will have left a legacy to be proud of.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Had a bit of a scare myself, I had an abnormal smear a few years ago, which should have resulted in me having yearly smears rather than 3 yearly. I only found this out recently when I visited the doc for another reason and she questioned why I hadn't been in for a smear recently, all is well but thats down to luck rather than anything else.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the NHS, i think it's just with my GP's (now don't get me started on trying to get an appointment!:curse)

Lindsay x

Originally Posted by Seasider
I think, in the UK, it depends where you live. In Leeds they have teaching hospitals and, having needed them quite a lot over the years, I can honestly say I have had great and prompt treatment. After a pre-cancer scare at 21-ish I had smears every 6 months for a few years, and annually after that. After having breast lumps removed at 28-ish I had a mammogram every year. The women's hospital in particular tried to be very bright and welcoming, nice sofas in the waiting rooms, etc. (sounds unimportant but let's face it, NHS waiting rooms are usually quite awful and scary places).

Cross-referencing with a recent thread on dentists I have always come out of NHS hospitals infection-free, and 2/3 times out of private hospitals only to go back in for a 2nd op to clean me up - once in an ambulance.

Having had to use private healthcare exclusively in Singapore, yes it is amazing the scans and tests you can get within an hour of seeing your GP but man, do you pay for them. And breaking your wrist? Well I think we racked up nearly $30k on that one.

Here in Oz on a 457, it's much the same but takes a lot longer to get your results and my insurance strangely doesn't seem to cover most of them

Sorry for such a rambly tangent but I do feel the need to defend the good ole NHS, and being a sickly sort it's one of the few things about the UK that I miss. Actually, maybe the only thing...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I despise the sort of person she was and what she stood for..
Curious to know what sort of person? and what you think she stood for? I remember her as a 21 year old with a very diffcult past, who got on to BB became a laughing stock, but then turned it to her advantage and turned her life around in many ways.... she has made a few unfortunate remarks, but so have people on this forum! whats she really done thats so wrong? She is still only 27.....
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Curious to know what sort of person? and what you think she stood for? I remember her as a 21 year old with a very diffcult past, who got on to BB became a laughing stock, but then turned it to her advantage and turned her life around in many ways.... she has made a few unfortunate remarks, but so have people on this forum! whats she really done thats so wrong? She is still only 27.....
Absolutely, she is as thick as treacle but she didn't murder anyone for goodness sake. She is a young mother who is dying and leaving 2 young boys behind. Anyone who doesn't have an ounce of empathy for that is one heartless bastard
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:04 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically, it would be someone with an attitude such as yours that would receive naff all sympathy from me in circumstances such as these.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Originally Posted by northernbird
Absolutely, she is as thick as treacle but she didn't murder anyone for goodness sake. She is a young mother who is dying and leaving 2 young boys behind. Anyone who doesn't have an ounce of empathy for that is one heartless bastard
Completely agree with both of you, I find sometimes the folks who make these types of comments are those who have sailed through life without any real heartache and as a result have no empathy for others.

I truly hope things stay that way for them.

I've never been a huge fan of Jade myself but I've just watched her latest programme, and TBH it doesn't sit easy but I think the lady is very brave and does not deserve any of the criticism aimed at her. In a situation like hers, I defy anyone to argue that they wouldn't do everything in their power to try to protect the future of their kids, financially or otherwise.

Lindsay x

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Feb 19th 2009 at 10:32 pm. Reason: repeating myself again
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:30 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how you would feel if you were given a few weeks to live and someone like yourself, was so hung up on your past behaviour, that they 'despised' you.

She has never hurt anyone, just tried to carve a better way of life for herself and Im sure if you were offered millions to do similar you wouldnt pass that offer up.

And Jade is still alive by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.