ITV for Free.....

Old May 10th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: ITV for Free.....

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
I have sent you a PM....

Just wanted to say, several PM's later and an extremely patient aussiedreamz and I have finally watched Corrie for the first time in over 3 years!!

If a completely computer illiterate dunce like me can do it then anyone can!

Thanks for helping me out!
Old May 10th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Just wanted to say, several PM's later and an extremely patient aussiedreamz and I have finally watched Corrie for the first time in over 3 years!!

I couldn't get the blasted thing to work either. I kept getting the bit about the technical error and the thing insisted on installing the microsoft add-on thing.

I could never see the little TV icon either. I am not too bothered as I could always watch things from thebox.
Old May 10th 2009, 8:51 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjddavies
I couldn't get the blasted thing to work either. I kept getting the bit about the technical error and the thing insisted on installing the microsoft add-on thing.

I could never see the little TV icon either. I am not too bothered as I could always watch things from thebox.
it does work - its great technology - shame its crap TV tho. I couldnt see anything on there I wanted to watch (well apart from space 1999 re-runs).

Wish this was for BBCiplayer :-(
Old May 10th 2009, 9:49 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bjddavies

I have simplified the set-up guide on my website as I feel it needed a bit of fine tuning for people to understand better, if you follow it by the book it will work, you are not seeing the TV because you are trying to set it up using a browser other than Firefox.
Old May 11th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
just been to harvey norman and had a look at the HDMI cables (and nearly died when i saw the price) It wasn't an HDMI cable i used at all. As i don't have the capability on my laptop.

It was one of those that has the screw either side if the plug that you screw in the keep it in, in almost like a D shape. 15 pin thing. so lord knows what i was doing but it worked.

Jazzys
We bought a HDMI cable from WOW for $30
Old May 11th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
We bought a HDMI cable from WOW for $30
I would as well if my laptop had HDMI but it doesn't

Jazzys
Old May 18th 2009, 7:02 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

No worries, we got there in the end....
Old May 18th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Think I've overdosed now!! Haven't fed the kids for a week!

How was your holiday?
Old May 18th 2009, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, aussie, Im still having problems with viewing ITV, the picture freezes and so does the audio sometimes. I am using firefox, so Im stumped for what to do next.
Cheers Sue
Old May 18th 2009, 12:42 pm
Gone Walkabout

Think I've overdosed now!! Haven't fed the kids for a week!

How was your holiday?
It was great, attended my best mates citizenship they are now fully fledged Aussies. It was lovely and warm up in Airlie not too hot or humid, when I got back home to the Sunny Coast I had to put the heating on and now I have a stinking cold, sorry being a bloke I mean man flu, cough, cough, splutter, sniff.....I'm close to deaths door, I may not last the rest of the week....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/huh.gif
Old May 18th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

It was great, attended my best mates citizenship they are now fully fledged Aussies. It was lovely and warm up in Airlie not too hot or humid, when I got back home to the Sunny Coast I had to put the heating on and now I have a stinking cold, sorry being a bloke I mean man flu, cough, cough, splutter, sniff.....I'm close to deaths door, I may not last the rest of the week....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/huh.gif
Hey, Aussie, before you snuff it, please help me with my problem, LOL
Old May 18th 2009, 1:16 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by jammyjane
Sorry, aussie, Im still having problems with viewing ITV, the picture freezes and so does the audio sometimes. I am using firefox, so Im stumped for what to do next.
Cheers Sue
OK Sue, I'm here to help. You say that you have installed Firefox and followed my set up instructions from my website but the picture and audio is freezing? Do you know hat kind of speed your broadband connection is? If it is around 256/512mb with these kind of speeds you may struggle to view the ITV streams perfectly without some freezing during the programme. If your speeds are good say 1gb or better please let me know and I will see what else we can do to get you up and running...

If you do have slow speeds I can supply you with a piece of free software that will allow you to download the programme of your choice straight to your computer and watch it when you like without the worry of the picture freezing...
Old May 18th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

OK Sue, I'm here to help. You say that you have installed Firefox and followed my set up instructions from my website but the picture and audio is freezing? Do you know hat kind of speed your broadband connection is? If it is around 256/512mb with these kind of speeds you may struggle to view the ITV streams perfectly without some freezing during the programme. If your speeds are good say 1gb or better please let me know and I will see what else we can do to get you up and running...

If you do have slow speeds I can supply you with a piece of free software that will allow you to download the programme of your choice straight to your computer and watch it when you like without the worry of the picture freezing...
Aussie, you are a champion, and I think you have it right about the download speed, I am on ADSL, which is the problem, I think. Broadband is not available for me. I would be much appreciative o the software to download the programme, if its not too much trouble.
Cheers, Sue
Old May 18th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would normally be very unsympathetic to 'Man Flu' but seeing as you've helped us out so much then I wish you a speedy recovery!!

I hope you do actually work with computers because if not then I think you've missed your vocation!
Old May 19th 2009, 4:04 am
Gone Walkabout

I don't work in computers I am actually a builder, I do fix the odd computer as a sideline for extra income but it's more of a hobby than a job. I'd rather be outside in the fresh air building property than stuck inside fixing computers....

Sue, I haven't forgot about you, I am just compiling a setup guide on my website for people to download the software to get it working with the ITV player, watch this space...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.