ITV for Free.....

Old May 9th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV for Free.....

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Thanks for the fab information!

Just watched Britains Got Talent and about 5 Corries over the past two days! For BBC iplayer I went on hide-my-ip.com and bought a years subscription for $50 and I just activate a UK IP and then go on iplayer I'm up to date on Eastenders now.

Also bought a HDMI cable the other day so stream it straight on to the tele, it's amazing and I'm not very computer literate so I'm pleased I managed to follow the instructions
I used to play things through my tele but i forgot how to get the sound to work, any ideas?

I had a lead going from my laptop earphone socket to my tele earphone socket, anyone any idea if thats right or wrong?

Jazzys
Old May 9th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
I used to play things through my tele but i forgot how to get the sound to work, any ideas?

I had a lead going from my laptop earphone socket to my tele earphone socket, anyone any idea if thats right or wrong?

Jazzys
We bought a PC to TV cable and only got picture but no sound so off back to the shops... the guy in electrical shop said a HDMI cable carries sound and vision so we got one of those and we literally just plugged it in went onto the right "source" channel and voila sound and picture!
Old May 9th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a PC to TV cable and only got picture but no sound so off back to the shops... the guy in electrical shop said a HDMI cable carries sound and vision so we got one of those and we literally just plugged it in went onto the right "source" channel and voila sound and picture!
I'll have to a double check on that one, thanks

Jazzys
Old May 9th 2009, 12:22 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Jazzys
You wont get any sound if you plug one end of your cable into the earphone socket of your TV as this is for listening to the TV. Do you have a stereo with an audio/aux socket or even an mp3 speaker dock this is your best option for sound....
Old May 9th 2009, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the fab information!

Just watched Britains Got Talent and about 5 Corries over the past two days! For BBC iplayer I went on hide-my-ip.com and bought a years subscription for $50 and I just activate a UK IP and then go on iplayer I'm up to date on Eastenders now.

Also bought a HDMI cable the other day so stream it straight on to the tele, it's amazing and I'm not very computer literate so I'm pleased I managed to follow the instructions
I have never got Hide IP to work It always says something like
'connection to the specified proxy server isn't responding'.
Old May 9th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
You wont get any sound if you plug one end of your cable into the earphone socket of your TV as this is for listening to the TV. Do you have a stereo with an audio/aux socket or even an mp3 speaker dock this is your best option for sound....
I definately had it working ages ago where i had the cable going from my earphone socket on the laptop to somewhere else on my telly, i thought it wa the earphone socket o the telly but maybe it was going to somewhere else.. Its the only reason i had the cable, i was advised to buy it at harvey norman and it worked. (somehow)

Jazzys
Old May 10th 2009, 1:15 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Was it just one single cable going from the laptop headphones to TV or was it one cable with 4 connectors on it i.e laptop one end and red, yellow, white and an S-video connector the other?
Old May 10th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Was it just one single cable going from the laptop headphones to TV or was it one cable with 4 connectors on it i.e laptop one end and red, yellow, white and an S-video connector the other?
One single grey cable from laptop headphone socket to tv.

Jazzys
Old May 10th 2009, 5:13 am
Gone Walkabout

One single grey cable from laptop headphone socket to tv.

Jazzys
The only other thing I can think of is the cable you bought was an HDMI cable because you need a cable to pass both picture and sound to the TV at the same time, cant really help you anymore on this. I just have a VGA cable from my laptop to the TV and the laptop headphones cable goes to my stereo auxilary socket, Sorry.....
Old May 10th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The only other thing I can think of is the cable you bought was an HDMI cable because you need a cable to pass both picture and sound to the TV at the same time, cant really help you anymore on this. I just have a VGA cable from my laptop to the TV and the laptop headphones cable goes to my stereo auxilary socket, Sorry.....
just been to harvey norman and had a look at the HDMI cables (and nearly died when i saw the price) It wasn't an HDMI cable i used at all. As i don't have the capability on my laptop.

It was one of those that has the screw either side if the plug that you screw in the keep it in, in almost like a D shape. 15 pin thing. so lord knows what i was doing but it worked.

Jazzys
Old May 10th 2009, 6:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

just been to harvey norman and had a look at the HDMI cables (and nearly died when i saw the price) It wasn't an HDMI cable i used at all. As i don't have the capability on my laptop.

It was one of those that has the screw either side if the plug that you screw in the keep it in, in almost like a D shape. 15 pin thing. so lord knows what i was doing but it worked.

Jazzys
VGA is what you're referring to.

And never, ever, buy a cable from Hardley Normals, it's a very well publicised rip-off. You can get the same cable for $15 at independent electrical outlets or eBay.
Old May 10th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
VGA is what you're referring to.

And never, ever, buy a cable from Hardley Normals, it's a very well publicised rip-off. You can get the same cable for $15 at independent electrical outlets or eBay.
I was in there for a different reason and just thought i'd check em out to see what they looked like. They had one on special for 199 dollars

So if i had a VGA that gave me pictures, how did i get my sound?

Any idea?

Jazzys
Old May 10th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the OP for the help.

Strangely, it has had quite an interesting effect on me. New thread started.
Old May 10th 2009, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks OP - just worked my way through your very clear instructions and it worked like a charm. What a lovely selection of programs I really enjoy but havent necessarily bothered to get the dvds - Poirot, PD James, Cadfael, Lewis - joy! Some of the current programs I actually saw while I was there but I will now keep up with the offerings! Thanks again!
Old May 10th 2009, 11:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I was in there for a different reason and just thought i'd check em out to see what they looked like. They had one on special for 199 dollars

So if i had a VGA that gave me pictures, how did i get my sound?

Any idea?

Jazzys
As you said earlier - laptop headphone socket to the TV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.