ITV for Free.....

Old May 8th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: ITV for Free.....

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
Looks like I am going to have to re-write the set up guide, Doh!!!

Tip: After you have installed Firefox please close Internet Explorer and start Firefox, now visit my site again auspedia.com/freetv and proceed to step 2....It should not say save file it will only say Install Now?....Hope this helps....
Sorry I'm really testing your patience here!! I've done that and it has installed but I can't see a TV screen and dare I ask where the Firefox browser is? Please don't put your head through your computer screen in frustration!! Just be glad your not married to me!!
Old May 8th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Found the TV screen!!! So now I know what the browser is!! Duh! When I go onto the ITV Player it says Download Flashplayer now, which I did but it still says the same!! I have got Windows Media Player. And I've restarted the computer and gone through it all again and it still says Download Flashplayer now!

Its so frustrating or I'm so thick!! One or the other!!
Old May 8th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, i'm sure i'm not far away from making it work, but when i clicked on it, i saw an advert for scotland and then a message saying i could only view video's if i was in the UK

did i do something wrong?

Jazzys
Old May 8th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, If you are getting this message I would suspect that you are trying to view the programme on ITV's website using internet explorer this will not work you must close IE and start Firefox.
1. If you have followed step 1+2 of the guide on my site which is to install Firefox and the add-on your 2/3rds of the way there.
2. Start Firefox and go to the ITV player website, click on the programme you want to watch, don't press on the programme again or it will try to play the iton the ITV website which we don't want.
3. Now move your mouse down to the TV screen in the right hand bottom corner of Firefox and right click on it, you should now see the programme that you have just chosen and now left click on the programme.
4. Your media player should start automatically, allow it to buffer for a few seconds then the programme should start. If your media player does not start then start it manually then then repeat step 3, you should be good now.

Another option if people are still having trouble is to download the file to your computer instead of letting Windows Media Player open it. Once the file is on your computer double click on it and it will start this way too.
Thank you !
Old May 8th 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

buffy1968 will become famous soon enoughbuffy1968 will become famous soon enough

aussiedreamz thanks for the info to get ITV for free.It works!
Old May 8th 2009, 2:52 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Found the TV screen!!! So now I know what the browser is!! Duh! When I go onto the ITV Player it says Download Flashplayer now, which I did but it still says the same!! I have got Windows Media Player. And I've restarted the computer and gone through it all again and it still says Download Flashplayer now!

Its so frustrating or I'm so thick!! One or the other!!
Don't worry I am not getting frustrated I'm here to help, I don't know why you are being asked to install flashplayer as you probably have this installed on your computer already? Ignore this message and follow my help guide below.

So you have Firefox and installed the add-on and you can see the small TV screen in the corner, so far so good, this is what you need to do next.

Start Firefox if you haven't already and go to the ITV player website, now click on a programme to watch, for example just click on the Corrie tab under soaps you are then taken to the next webpage which says programmes don't click on anything else as this is as far as you need to go.

Now move your mouse down to the little TV symbol in the corner of Firefox and right click on it, you should now see a list of programmes for Corrie, you can now scroll up to an episode to watch and left mouse click on that episode, it should now start the programme....

Any problems then your welcome to get back to me.....
Old May 8th 2009, 3:02 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jazzys
Thanks for that, i'm sure i'm not far away from making it work, but when i clicked on it, i saw an advert for scotland and then a message saying i could only view video's if i was in the UK

did i do something wrong?

Jazzys
I believe you are clicking on the programme you want to watch too many times, if you do this it will load the programme on the ITV website page which is what we don't want, follow the instructions that I have left for other members above....
Old May 8th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I can see how this would work if you have all the new fangled gadgets. I also see the point about viruses. I think I am taking as many precautions as I can to avoid adware, spyware and viruses and so far (touch wood) haven't had an issue. A high speed connection enables me to get a regular episode of corrie down onto my PC, onto a thumb drive and watching it within 8 minutes so I don't suppose that's too long to wait.
Originally Posted by stalybridge
wouldnt it be illegal though ?
How is downloading a torrent anymore 'illegal' (wouldn't be my choice of words) than using a bit of software which bypasses checks that the TV company makes to ensure that you're in the UK?

Another benefit to downloading torrents is that they'll often take up much less of somebody's download quota than a streamed episode of something.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 8th 2009, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
How is downloading a torrent anymore 'illegal' (wouldn't be my choice of words) than using a bit of software which bypasses checks that the TV company makes to ensure that you're in the UK?

Another benefit to downloading torrents is that they'll often take up much less of somebody's download quota than a streamed episode of something.

Cheers

Steve
Those ITV streams look really low res to me, wonder what 30 mins worth is... 30 mins of torrents are usually at least 200 Mb's more like 300 Mb's.... Has anyone measured them or know the answer ? I've got Net Limiter here, so that should be able to tell me, if no one has the answer. I've just had a quick google, and it should be somewhere between 90 Mb's and 150 Mb's per half hour TV show.

I'm curious as to how people build these firefox add ons. If someone can build an ITV one then surely it's possible to build a BBC or Sky one as well.

I wouldnt be suprised if there is a BBC firefox addon out there already.

BTW.... Thanks to Aussiedreamz for putting me on to this... Got to admit I stuffed up the installation at first because I thought I knew better lol !

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 8th 2009 at 11:48 pm.
Old May 8th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I just tried watching the martin clunes islands of britain program and for some reason it only seems to last 15 minutes then the time line on WMP comes to the end and it starts again.

Is that the two halves of the program with the adverts cut out?

Jazzys
Old May 9th 2009, 12:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm curious as to how people build these firefox add ons. If someone can build an ITV one then surely it's possible to build a BBC or Sky one as well.

I wouldnt be suprised if there is a BBC firefox addon out there already.
The Beeb don't stream any of their channels live - that's the main difference. And as far as I know, neither do Sky. I use the iPlayerDownloader to get shows off iPlayer - it's cross platform. Or I watch 'em straight in the iPlayer window using a VPN connection.
Old May 9th 2009, 1:42 am
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by jazzys
I just tried watching the martin clunes islands of britain program and for some reason it only seems to last 15 minutes then the time line on WMP comes to the end and it starts again.

Is that the two halves of the program with the adverts cut out?

Jazzys
You are right it says it is an hour long on the website but when I viewed the prog like you have, I was only able to watch 9 minutes worth so I don't think it is a problem your end, more to do with ITV I guess...
Old May 9th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry I am not getting frustrated I'm here to help, I don't know why you are being asked to install flashplayer as you probably have this installed on your computer already? Ignore this message and follow my help guide below.

So you have Firefox and installed the add-on and you can see the small TV screen in the corner, so far so good, this is what you need to do next.

Start Firefox if you haven't already and go to the ITV player website, now click on a programme to watch, for example just click on the Corrie tab under soaps you are then taken to the next webpage which says programmes don't click on anything else as this is as far as you need to go.
Now move your mouse down to the little TV symbol in the corner of Firefox and right click on it, you should now see a list of programmes for Corrie, you can now scroll up to an episode to watch and left mouse click on that episode, it should now start the programme....

Any problems then your welcome to get back to me.....
Thanks for being so patient! This is the bit I can't do because there is nothing to click on, its just a blank white space with the heading ITV Player Todays Choice and then this message:-

This feature requires that the free Flash Player plug-in is installed and JavaScript is enabled.

Download Flash Player now

There is no list of programmes. Shall I give up?
Old May 9th 2009, 5:06 am
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Thanks for being so patient! This is the bit I can't do because there is nothing to click on, its just a blank white space with the heading ITV Player Todays Choice and then this message:-

This feature requires that the free Flash Player plug-in is installed and JavaScript is enabled.

Download Flash Player now

There is no list of programmes. Shall I give up?
I have sent you a PM....
Old May 9th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the fab information!

Just watched Britains Got Talent and about 5 Corries over the past two days! For BBC iplayer I went on hide-my-ip.com and bought a years subscription for $50 and I just activate a UK IP and then go on iplayer I'm up to date on Eastenders now.

Also bought a HDMI cable the other day so stream it straight on to the tele, it's amazing and I'm not very computer literate so I'm pleased I managed to follow the instructions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.